[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Laptop Cooler
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 81ZK7F3gGxL._SL1500_.jpg (204 KB, 1500x996) Image search: [Google]
81ZK7F3gGxL._SL1500_.jpg
204 KB, 1500x996
Have one of these but they suck. Fan "broke" after a few months. Anybody has some that hold longer? I need them because Alienware can't cool their laptops and they still haven't gotten their head out of their asses. Last thing they told us to cool with 3rd party programms like HWINFO but the laptop fans have only 2 speeds (low and full speed) and I don't wanna kill them, they probably cost 30 bucks each. I need these extra fans or else the CPU reaches 100 degress.

http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-NotePal-PLUS-Performance/dp/B00ED3WMTC
http://ark.intel.com/products/78930/Intel-Core-i7-4710HQ-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_50-GHz
>>
>>51485752
If you don't mind noise larger fans have been more reliable in my experience. Theres a variable speed cooler from Cooler Master that I own. Brought temps from ~55 C to ~50C on gaming.

You might be able to reduce temps better by reducing your cpu clock. Intel speedboost was killing my temps.

Also the mesh and elevated surface a cooler has probably contributes more to cooling than the fans, since your laptop should be discharging heat somewhat well on its own. Heat that is absorbed by the desk raises your temps a lot.
>>
The thing is, they locked everything. Changing the speedboost is not doable in the bios. I might give larger fans a shot if they don't die on me so fast. I still have the mesh thing because of what you said and the fans but 1 fan is about to die (he makes a horrible grinding noise when I start my PC up but most of time it goes away on it's own).
>>
I've been using the
NOTEPAL U3 PLUS from CoolMaster
for my 17R dell laptop for over a year and it's been working great.
>>
>>51487402
i got the same thing two years ago. i bought some extra fans from the U2 model, so that i have 5 fans cooling the laptop. none of the fans broke so far and it keeps my system 10-15°C cooler
>>
>>51485752
Yeah there is a problem with your laptop if you need one of these.
Makes me wonder though, which is better on a laptop cooler, one big fan or several small ones?
>>
>>51485752
You only have a few excuses for needing this, and that is if you travel constantly but still have dead time at hotels and such, or if you dont have an internet connection at home.

Otherwise you just have a shit laptop or are doing tasks on it you shouldnt.

>>51485984
Larger fans are quieter.
>>
>>51485752
I got the 2 fan one, they sell replacement ones on their site for a few bucks.
>>
File: IMG_20151123_182903.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151123_182903.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1920
You can't go better than U3 or U2.

I removed cases from my coolers and screw them in below laptop vent holes.
>>
Build your own, it's easy as shit and ridiculously cheap
>>
File: Capture.jpg (266 KB, 980x1300) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
266 KB, 980x1300
buy industrial grade fan
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.