[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so i just bought funyuns.org and i dont know what to do with it wat do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: 1445393470792.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1366) Image search: [Google]
1445393470792.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1366
so i just bought funyuns.org and i dont know what to do with it wat do
>>
>i just bought something i don't need
>what do i do now?
spending money didn't give you pleasure?!?
>>
>>51482565
lol no i just did it on impulse, it was funny, stop being holier than thou, you gaylord
>>
Sell interchangeable appendages and facial features for onion action figures.
>>
>>51482584
>just did it on impulse
>it was funny
I find it pretty funny that you paid for a domain purely on the basis that the name amused you. I wonder how many other domains we could get you to waste your money on before you realize what a stupid waste that is.
>>
>>51482662
probably 5 or 6
>>
>>51482556
lamp server off ubuntu 15.1 and host files
>>
Nice rerouting to yee, also Auckland?
>>
>>51482816
Whois anonymization fammo
>>
>>51482556
>funyuns
hire a lawyer and prepare to defend you'reself from an infringement action?
>>
>>51482662
>not wanting to own funyun.org
>>
>>51482556
Turn it into the next goatse/lemonparty
>>
>>51482662
I own www.wertyo.com because who doesn't want wertyo
>>
ur gittin fukken doxxed kiddo
>>
>>51482662
I wonder how many shit comments we could get you to post on /g/ before you realize what a waste acting like a pompous asshole is
>>
hosting shitty feel good or click bait "content" sites is a thing now. You can get their emails and sell them or email them malware if that amuses you
>>
>>51483032
?
>>
>>51482556
Host child photography.
>>
>>51482556
>i didnt know funyuns was an actual brand
just build a clone site or a blog about funyuns, profit from free traffic and ads
>>
>>51485844
>http://www.fritolay.com/snacks/product-page/funyuns

You aren't going to have that site long.
>>
>>51485911
>>51485933
huh, didn't know there was a thing called funyuns
>>
protip: if you lose your domain to a trademark complaint, your registrar doesn't refund you.
>>
>>51485943
that's fine, but OP clearly did (otherwise why the fuck would he have registered "funyuns"?).

domain squatting is hardly a novel way of extorting money from companies. it's actually pretty played out now. if you try to make any traffic on this (or do anything even remotely shady), you'll be lucky to come out of this without paying fritos' legal fees.
>>
>>51485943
OP is screwed, even if he uses the site for non infringing uses he can't afford to defend against PepsiCo.
>>
>>51482556
>>51482556
Extort money from lays and hire somebody to make you retirement money through stocks or a small business. Or if you get enough money from lays then retire from that.

Just tell lays that if they don't purchase the domain for x amount then you'll start a amish sex toy company based out of PA using the name Funyuns Toys or something. It'll catch on. Up here people say yins and yous a lot. And amish are pretty religious so nuns. Yeah. See how it all goes together?

This is your chance OP. Get out da hood.
>>
>>51487153
Lays probably allocates several million dollars per year specifically to anticipate the litigation it'll need to go into. It has a lot of trademarked products, and the way trademark operates (in the US at least), if you don't pursue infringers then an argument can later be made that you gave it up because you failed to defend it.

It's a truly insane legal standard (because it means that a person without means to wage legal war can't effectively keep a trademark), but in this case it means that Lays is bound not to ignore any obvious infringements, and registering a .org of one of their products constitutes a pretty brazen challenge.

my advice is to drop it or use it for something that so clearly falls under safe harbor laws that even the most cursory glance from the most litigious attorney would cause them to conclude that you're not worth suing. otherwise you'll at least have to get a lawyer to rebuff the boilerplate C&D.
>>
File: 1419276460727.jpg (61 KB, 500x539) Image search: [Google]
1419276460727.jpg
61 KB, 500x539
>I will never live in Japan
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.