[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Graphics Card Help (the usual)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
So I had it in my mind I was gonna get a gtx 970 this holiday season, however i recently came into some money ($500 dollars) and I am now considering going with a gtx 980. I am looking at the msi gaming 4g versions of these cards. So will the 100 extra dollars go a long way? I have heard a lot of complaints about the 970's 3.5 vram problem, is this fixed in the 980 and if so does it make much of a difference? I currently have a 1080p monitor but I might use some of the rest of the money to upgrade that as well, so whats the verdict /g/?
>>
Bump need some help
>>
I dont know how to help ya so here is a bump
>>
>>51479778
The 970 has a better performance/price than the 980, the 3.5vram doesn't matter much as most games run under that. For an 1080p monitor getting the 970 is more than enough
>>
>>51480883
What about the 980ti compared to the 970?
>>
>>51479778
The 970 is a piece of shit and the 980 is massively overpriced. Either go 980 Ti, go R9 390 or go home, fuckboi.
>>
>>51479778
Wait for pascal/arctic islands
>>
>>51480883
>better performance/price
The 970 is a gimped card, stop fucking trying to shill what even nVidia calls a "mistake".
>>
>>51479778
Just buy a used 980ti off of craiglist. A quick look in my area just now and I see a few listed around $520-$550.
>>
>970
Bait.jpg
>>
>>51479778

/thread
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.