[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holy shit I just spent an hour trying to help my mother with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: iphag.jpg (254 KB, 1704x1476) Image search: [Google]
iphag.jpg
254 KB, 1704x1476
Holy shit I just spent an hour trying to help my mother with her iPhuck 5 because she had no more storage left, to the point where Whatsapp refused to open. Basically I just had to do a backup of all the pictures to her Macbook and then delete them from the device. Simple, right?

Of course I couldn't simply move/delete the files like on any other device capable of storage, so I looked at other backup alternatives. I looked at Apple's smart solution, iCloud backup, but apparently you have to pay for that shit, even after paying $500 for a mediocre phone, so I said no. iTunes backup wouldn't let me view backed up files, it's only useful for restoring the data back to the phone, so I ended up using iPhoto and after some fumbling with import getting stuck and having to force close the program I managed to back everything up. Now the simplest part: deleting the photos from the device. Simple? Haha, fuck you.

I found out that on IOS 8 there is no way to delete all pictures. On the storage management page, you can view which apps are taking the most storage, but only that. Touching on Whatsapp, for example, tells you how much storage it's using and gives you the single option to uninstall the App. Fucking pathetic.

Therefore, to delete all pictures you have to manually tap each group of photos in the app to select them and delete them, but not too many at a time or the Photos app will crash on you! BTW, "group of photos" doesn't mean albums, it means the different time/place events the phone automatically makes for you, so some groups had over 50 pics and some had only one. I tapped away at the hundreds of pictures until they were all deleted. I then deleted them from the "recently deleted" folder, which luckily has a Delete All button. That's what I call good design.

Checked the storage settings once again and I now had about 4gb of free space. Cool. Rebooted phone.

Surprise. Whatsapp still won't open. Fuck you Apple.
>>
>>51478113
How can I unsubscribe from your blog?
>>
>>51478113
maybe whatsapp is just shit
>>
whos next for show and tell today?
>>
i don't know about storage but for all the praise it gets, the scrolling on ios is a piece of shit. It feels completely unnatural, awkward and it's inneficient
>>
>>51478113
>she has a macbook
>not opening photos app, doing a marquee select and then dragging them to folder
>not clicking the delete after import checkbox

Stay pleb OP.

Also whatsapp a shit.
>>
File: 1447874265872.jpg (12 KB, 261x181) Image search: [Google]
1447874265872.jpg
12 KB, 261x181
>>51478197
>>
I don't think iPhones should qualify as computers.
>>
>>51478633
As a matter of fact, I did check the delete after import checkbox, but it did nothing
>>
Cool blog
>>
for how easy apple shit is claimed to be to use, it's the cause of endless frustration for my dad
>>
>>51478271
Do I really want to do this. I just don't understand why. Sure, people have been doing it for, well no one really knows how long but virtually for ever. At least that's what we're told. Why is the real question. Why do it? Why anyone would tolerate this? Is everyone just mindless drones going thru the motions or is there a reason. I've thought it over many times and have no good explanation for why. Why must this be done. I've given up.I have no choice. It must be done, so I pull back the sheets and get out of bed before noon on a Sunday.
>>
>>51478113
> Of course I couldn't simply move/delete the files like on any other device capable of storage

Plug phone in the computer
Phone shows up as external storage
Access to all videos and pictures taken by phone

Just because it doesn't do things the way you are used to doing them, doesn't mean its a bad piece of tech, you just refuse to learn.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.