[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gotta buy a new phone... what do you suggest me? No iphone, i
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshot_2015-11-22-21-23-55.png (395 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-22-21-23-55.png
395 KB, 720x1280
Gotta buy a new phone... what do you suggest me? No iphone, i don't like iphones.
>>
moto g
>>
For pure hardware power you have the Note5 and S6.

Then the LG V10/G4

Finally nexus 5x or 6P
>>
>>51475587
Note 5 or S6 Edge+
>>
>>51475587
iPhone 6s+
>>
>>51475587
Iphwne 4s?
>>
>>51475587
The answer is on your pic.
>>
Not OP but everyone on smartpohonen general seems to hate galaxy edge no?
>>
>>51476708
It's more expensive than its non-edge counterparts. S6 and Note5 are fantastic. The edge versions are more expensive gimmicks
>>
>>51476828
They sound like the 2 current best in market, generally speaking. Is that true?
>>
>>51476828

Ah ok thank you very much for explaining!
>>
>>51476915
Yes the note5 and S6 edge+ are the current most powerful android phones (identical specs besides the curved edge and stylus).

the S6 and S6 edge are 2nd in specs being identical to the note 5 but with only 3gb of RAM whereas the note 5 has 4GB.
>>
>>51477007
Thank you for your patience with me, you are a very kind person.
>>
does this exist?
>ready for android 6 (custom rom is ok)
>micro sd
>removable battery
>multicolor indicator light
>not gigantic
>GSM unlocked

My galaxy s3 has all these but it's time to upgrade.
>>
>>51477420
Me again. I'm thinking LG G4. I live in the United States and I want to use Cricket (AT&T MVNO). Should I get the AT&T version unlocked, or save $40 and get the Verizon version with unlocked GSM? The AT&T version has LTE bands 2,4,5,7,17,30, and the Verizon version has LTE bands 2,4,5,7,13. Both will work on Cricket, but I have no idea how the difference in LTE bands will affect network performance. I could also look for the international version.

Also I want android 6 and root as soon as possible. Which do I get?
>>
Sony Z series. A lot going on under the bonnet.
>>
>>51478199
I just got an lg g4 today exactly for those reasons. So far so good.
>>
>>51478276
Read my question again. I was asking which model to get.
>>
>>51478295
My bad anon, replied to the wrong post it was suppose to be this>>51477420 guy
>>
LG G3/some other 2014 flagship
why? because they're can be bought for under $300 unlocked, contract free, etc...
>>
>>51476050
>touchwizz
>>
Samsung phones have always been superior in every single generation, and this is no exception. The S6 is literally the fastest android phone yet, only to be superseded by the S6edge+ and Note 5. It has tons of features too, like private mode, increased touchscreen sensitivity, real-time kernel protection so niggers can't flash your phone when it's stolen, multi-windows, the most accurate and beautiful screen you can get, and a superb camera which is the best after the Z5 (by an insignificant margin). It has the fastest i/o and the fastest charging speeds (behind the edge+, which incidentally also has a bigger battery). You literally can't go wrong. Get the S6, or S6edge+, or Note 5. Make no compromises.
>>
Blackberry Priv.
>>
>>51475587
I have the note 5. It's a great phone. incredibly fast
>>
is there any kind of budget?
>>
OnePlus X or Nexus 5X
>>
Samshill here. I have a Note 5 and would recommend it for people, even those who didn't like Touchwizz in previous versions.
>>
>>51475587
I have a Galaxy S6. Only had it 4 months, not using a screen protector.

The factory oleophobic coating is literally gone in the middle. I dont abuse my phone, I have only used a microfiber cloth on it 2-3 times.

Is this to be expected?
My Galaxy S4 didnt lose its coating till almost having it 2 years so.
I expected id probably get around a year before I would have to put a glass screen protector on to bring it back up to shape.
>>
Droid Turbo 2
>>
>>51478256
I'm looking at the SONY Xperia Z5 Premium Dual Sim 32GB and that Asus Zenfone 2 64G

Any opinion either way?
>>
>>51481352
I own an S6 as well, however I opted for a scree protector because obviously it's worth the investment. It's a bit surprising, my Note3 never had an issue like that.
>>
>>51476828
The edge display may be a gimmick but it's incredible engineering and gives the phone a futuristic design. I thought this was a technology board. No other phone manufacturer has come up with a feature quite as special.
>>
Can the Galaxy phones run Cyanogenmod, or is the bootloader always locked on Samsung phones?
>>
>>51482100
Bootloader is pretty locked down if you're on Verizon or something.
And you can get CM in there but lots of stuff like the camera software and such is touchwhiz specific so you have to run a touchwhiz rom or suffer buggy worse performance with CM.
It's not so bad since debloated reskinned touchwhiz is still perfectly usable, but if you've gotta have an aosp or great CM experience, Samsung phones aren't gonna deliver.
>>
Why do you fags not check the catalog

>>51481884

SMARTPHONE GENERAL
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.