[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get past connection traffic shaping? My ISP just put
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
How do I get past connection traffic shaping?
My ISP just put me in the "LOL not enough gigs for everyone" list thus my connection is slow as ass from 9AM to 2AM

Both torrenting and video streaming such as youtube and twitch became very slow, don't know about gaymes since I never play, but according to Ookla's speedtest I'm reciving 6.5Mb/0.4Mb at 90ish ping wich is in par with my contract

I'm more afraid for torrenting (using qbitTorent atm), since I cant left my pc running nighttime i'm obliged to let it run during day capping at 40 Kbps and screwing up my line, a shame a month ago i could torrent any hour reaching 700Kbps

I started reading something about Vuze obfuscation protocols, but it doesn't look very useful.

If you have any advice it will be much appreciated
>>
>>51475562

Let me guess, you live in Ameristan.
>>
>>51475562
>How do I get past connection traffic shaping?

Change ISP

>since I cant left my pc running nighttime
Must suck being 10 years old
>>
>>51475633
Italy, my isp is telecom, alice

>>51475670
>change
everithing else is in wholesale, support is terrible

>Must suck being 10 years old
when I was 10 I didn't even had internets
>>
File: 1447782360809.jpg (38 KB, 576x960) Image search: [Google]
1447782360809.jpg
38 KB, 576x960
>>
>>51475706
telecom is the suckzor.

Run from them fast
>>
>>51475562
can they legally do this? I mean, it's a service you are paying for and part of the service is a minimum speed right?
>>
>>51476926
Is called a contract. Dumb shits sign it without reading it
>>
>>51476972
They are quite trasparent about the thing, on their site you will find every telephone cabin with this setting, since they use copper for the 99% of the connections there is actually a reason to do so,

I just happened to get in the list something like a week ago, but since I live in a rural area, and population here die instead of reproduce makes me thing I'm getting jewed
>>
>>51475706
Telecom sucks dicks but they don't do traffic shaping, it's just congestion... i'm guessing you'd be on fiber if it was available so you're stuck with dsl, sucks to be you
>>
>>51475633
Doesn't happen here (at least not legally) since net neutrality, though ISPs can be lazy with the way they route traffic until they get complaints.
>>
>>51476926

no but they let them anyways
>>
"Totally Unlimted**** Broadband" only $£.00

****We throttle you down to 1/10th of the speed you paid for if you download more than 1GB between 6AM and 11.59PM. Also we send you letters threatening to shut off your internet if you download too much because it is affecting other users in your area.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.