[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Component vs HDMI
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
Hey /g/ Component or HDMI which do you prefer? In which cases? Why?
>>
>>51475416
Component doesn't offer any advantages over HDMI. Maybe they're more durable on average, but that's about it.
>>
>>51475490
I've heard VGA has some quality loss at higher resolutions like FullHD 1080p since it's analog but is that true for Component? They work on a different principle although both analog and I haven't noticed difference between 1080p Component and HDMI (digital). Some say digital is always better.
>>
>>51475636
I forgot about signal degradation.

Image quality wise they're basically on par. HDMI will look a little bit better, but not by much. Component can be better for longer distances since HDMI tends to drop out or sparkle around ~50 feet. High quality cables and boosters can help mitigate this, but I digress.
>>
>>51475938
I should have mentioned in the beginning I meant YPbPr when I said component. It's different from VGA but I haven't noticed much signal degradation but I haven't used VGA at 1080p to compare with Component and then again with HDMI.

At least no DRM with VGA and Component right?
>>
This entire thread sounds like one big samefag
>>
>>51476749
It's two people alternating actually. Thanks for the quality post.
>>
This thread was or still is on /v/.
>>
>>51475416
Definitely component. The soft 480p look it provides and lack of compatibility with modern devices invokes a strong sense of nostalgia in me that the superior clarity and convenience of HDMI simply can't match.
>>
>>51476922
>480p look.
Not all devices are shit and work like shit with analog.
>lack of compatibility with modern devices
You can thank the push for digital DRM in HDMI for that one.
>>
>component
A shit that never should have grown out of broadcast tv.
>I need better compression on a five foot run from my dvd player to my tv
Makes total sense. Clearly any flavor of RGB couldn't have handled that.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.