[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is /g/s opinion on Lenovo Flex 2 and other 2 in 1 type laptops?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: er_photo_209929.jpg (2 MB, 800x640) Image search: [Google]
er_photo_209929.jpg
2 MB, 800x640
What is /g/s opinion on Lenovo Flex 2 and other 2 in 1 type laptops?

I've had a flex on me for a few days when making a review about win 10 technical preview and it felt fucking amazing even with the shit ass beta os.

I checked the specs and its not even that bad. Could run some vidya decently and is a pretty good choice for everyday use. I just don't know if it's really worth it. Having a 14" tablet is awesome even with my hand getting tured fast af and the hw itself is decent but the price is hefty.
>>
Damn, that looks beautiful.
>>
What specs?

Also, whenever I hear something about a flex or 2 in 1 laptop, my thoughts go directly to "this shit is going to get loose in a few months". Did you like the building of it?
>>
I have the Thinkpad Yoga 15 and I love it.

I mostly use it to remote into my home/work servers, run vms for testing and run network penetration tests.

With the 840m I can also play some lightweight games when at home.
>>
>>51477301
Also should mention my specs:
windows 10/kali dual boot
8gb of ram
i5 5200u
840m / intel 5400
180gb sdd

got it off newegg for 850 so for the price there is nothing better in that price range unless you want a shitty gamer laptop
>>
I'm in the market for a 2 in 1 as well. Anybody got any experience with the surface book?

I was dicking around on my boss' surface pro, and it seemed nifty, but I'd prefer a computer turned tablet, not a tablet turned computer.
>>
>>51477459
I've played with one and I honestly don't think it's worth the extra money unless you inexplicably need to type on your lap a lot.
>>
>>51476967
depends on the series

i7 procs in all
up to 16gb ram
gt820 or 840
256 ssd or 1tb hdd or 1tb sshd

pretty solid build for a laptop, handling it was awesome and damn the thing is a beauty but the price that annoys me
fucking ~420$
>>
What 2 in 1 would you recommend then?

I'm mostly looking for something with a big resolution, and good performance. The only vidya I'd play would be morrowind, and shit like pillars of eternity.

As far as work goes, durability and portability are more important than raw numbers, now that I think about it. The most I do is use outlook/office, and silverlight applications my office uses.
>>
>>51477529
420 bucks for that sounds like a really good deal to be honest
>>
>>51477542
see
>>51477301
>>51477346
>>
>>51479105
>>51479105
>15.6-Inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS LED Backlight Display with 10-Point Multi-Touch, screen can rotate 300° to vary between laptop mode and stand mode

So it doesn't go tablet?
>>
>>51479195
>>51479105
nvm, i'm retarded.
>>
>>51474252
Owner of the Flex 15 here, have it now for two years.

Laptop is good, stays quite cool, can handle normal and medium heavy tasks well. The touchscreen is quite handy, some things are done better than with a mouse.
Downside is that it's only rotatable for 300°, the 720m is for low gaming only but it hasn't been made for higher.

Battery time is like 3,5-4h browsing, ~2h for gaming on the Intel HD.
>>
>>51474252
I just made a post stating my two years experince with my Flex 15, but it got deleted immediatly.

FUCK OF HIROSHIMA
>>
>>51479229
>>51479299
Ok, its back, the fuck is going on ?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.