[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What device should I buy to do the following? >stream and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: FB_IMG_1448004447669.jpg (23 KB, 642x302) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1448004447669.jpg
23 KB, 642x302
What device should I buy to do the following?

>stream and download music
>external storage for music
>portable to a degree, doesent need to fit in my pocket but not looking for classic desktop setup
>user friendly for someone not tech savvy
>ideal for a beginner in P2P and torrenting.

I'm thinking a small and portable laptop. I don't think a tablet will be able to achieve these very well. The main thing is I want this thing to be ideal for someone who wants to download loads of music. So I want external storage options, an interface that allows someone to begin his P2P and torrenting experience without having a fuck ton of issues to jump through. I want to easily share files without having to fuck with the system at every turn which seems to be my experience every time I try to get back involved with P2P.

Pic unrelated
>>
People will say thinkpad but don't fall for that shit. All you need is a decent laptop. Even pre owned. Just make sure its within 2 or 3 years old. Check Craigslist. Asus is always a good value.
>>
Get a cheap Windows tablet with USB to whatever connector you need
>>
>>51474407
Connector? Explain this setup to someone pretty new with all this shit. Would a windows tablet be able to P2P and torrent sufficiently?
>>
>>51474592
He means buy adaptors. Like USB OTG + whatever stuff you need.
>>
Ipad mini
>>
>>51475359
Indeed buy a Ipad mini
>>
>>51474233
What's wrong with a thinkpad?
>>
>>51475385
Wanna buy one? Need to lose mine, im not made for the hipster life
>>
>>51473502
A Synology NAS.
>>
ThinkPad or Galaxy Note 4
>>
>>51477272
So I'm looking through their website and have a couple questions for you. Is this simply a storage/cloud device with no OS? I'm thinking a couple external HD should do the job fairly well as cool as this looks.

I'm right in assuming I would need an OS to actually obtain the files correct?
>>
>>51479000
So is a thinkpad ideal for high speed downloads and sharing P2P? If so which model?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.