[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I won $1k at a hackathon, and I don't know what to buy.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: aznwomen.jpg (114 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
aznwomen.jpg
114 KB, 1024x768
I won $1k at a hackathon, and I don't know what to buy. I was thinking a projector, quadcopters, or tv. I already have a laptop. Anything else cool to buy?
>>
>>51466378
put it in the bank for a rainy day. if you need to ask then it's just useless stuff you don't actually need
>>
>>51466378
Miku Expo tickets.
Enjoy.
>>
>>51466378
AAPL
>>
>>51466378
Buy some self respect kid
>>
>>51466402
those are only $50 dollars.

not op
>>
>>51466399
get tv tuner card/add-on for your laptop/antenna. Put rest in savings and some in short term investments. Stay away from e-currency, too late to make money on that.
>>
>>51466378
Buy a good set of speakers
>>
>>51466378
how about one or more new monitors? 4k with 1.5 text scaling gives you a work area equivalent to a 1440p monitor and beautiful text.
>>
>>51466539
thats a good idea actually. Having 2 monitors plus my laptop sounds intense. Maybe il even get a keyboard and have a nice work station.
>>
>>51466378
Who is this boner condoner
>>
>>51466378
An Asian prostitute.
>>
>>51466704
don't write this idea off. if you live in a populous area, the talent can be really good.
>>
Put it in a 401k and you'll have $30,000 by retirement.
>>
>>51466704
My first thought as well.
>>
>>51467046
errr, I am not sure how 401k works in USA but if its anything like here in EU, its what you empleyer have to put in there and the government will match it with same/similar ammount, that + long term saving coefficient with penalties if you want to take it out before times run out, is what makes it a great investment for retirement.

you cant just find money and put it in to 401k, it must be part of your pay and your employer needs to offer it as benefits, since I think they also pay somewhat more but get their end from the government in some other way I think...
>>
>>51466399
>dubs
>quality advice
/thread
>>
Couple hundred tacos
>>
always the same bullshit with gentoomen

> have occasionally x amount of money spare
> help me to throw it out of the window /g/, me no like saving it for later, more important purposes

like, whats wrong with you guys? were you sleeping at economics classes? fucking consumerism has taken control over you
>>
>>51466399
This.
If you really want to but something use like $300 at most.
>>
save it?
also I want to fuck those feet familia
>>
1) Get a good seedbox (200$ a year sub)
2) Get a VPN (30$ a year sub)
3) Buy 2x WD 4TB HDD (around 300$ total)
4) Donate 20$ to an anime tracker for credits
5) Enjoy all the anime you want.
6) Keep remaining money in bank.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.