[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
iPad Pro
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 740x462) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 740x462
Tried this in the store today.
Lightweight
Aluminum casing and thin
No plasticky chunky feel like Surface Pro
Optional keyboard despite thin, is surprisingly tactile
Utterly responsive, no lag like my Android or MShit devices.

/g/ is loosing credibility to me.
>>
/g/ hates apple because it's a shitty botnet piece of shit.

/g/ understands it's pretty looking but /g/ is into more than just looks

It will be laggy pos in 3 months when new iPad is released
>>
>>51462331
Nice false flagging.
>5 cents have been deposited into your Microsoft marketing partners account!
>>
hardware wise is a great device

but software wise it is crippled by iOS, even with "dedicated apps" it won't come near close as a windows tablet that can run the real version of programs like Photoshop
>>
>>51462331
>>51463126
>>51462394
I don't hate it, but you are not using that as a tablet workstation. Do not expect to dual boot with it, and stay in the iOS walled garden, and you'll be happy with those decidedly non-pro version of iOS productivity apps.
>>
File: 1447380655879.jpg (136 KB, 990x721) Image search: [Google]
1447380655879.jpg
136 KB, 990x721
The iPad pro really has no value other than a fashion accessory, a gay one at that. Even macfags hate this piece of shit. It can't even run OS X.

But if you have money to blow, don't mind looking like a fag, and want to play angry birds at 1,000 FPS then go for it.
>>
If you wanted to get fucked in the ass you might spend you money better by buying a dragon dildo.
>>
File: 1259244727281.jpg (56 KB, 1435x1561) Image search: [Google]
1259244727281.jpg
56 KB, 1435x1561
>>51462331
Hey looks great, will it run my japanese eroges?
No? Well how about something mainstream like dota 2?
Well then, can I at least play flash games?
Can I code on it?
Well I get there's a text editor, but can it compile and run C++ or at least java?
I'm scratching my head here man, hey it's a tablet right? Can I at least draw on it?
I can!?! Nice!
How many levels of pressure sensitivity does it have?
O-one? What kind of stylus has binary input?
There's no stylus? Only third party rubber fingers?
So... What you're saying is it's a giant phone?
Can I make calls?
>>
>>51463290
It's gonna be a status symbol. You can expect to see Chinks scooping these up and see them in every business meeting you run into in Shanghai.
>>
>>51463327
Seems like you know alot about this. Are you a commie?
>>
>>51463327
>It's gonna be a status symbol. You can expect to see Chinks scooping these up and see them in every business meeting you run into in Shanghai.
nah man, you're thinking of the macbook pro retina or the Priv.
>>
>>51463360
Nah he's a consumerist that's far up apple's butt
>>
>>51463436
>>51463360
Sigh. Shit I put up with working for a Taiwanese firm.

I use Surface Pro, and people look at me weird in those business trips.
See, higher up chink exec do know that their briefcase carrying cronies would use laptop running windoze XP while they pimp their iPads and iPhone (not even macbook usually.)

White collars here in America are not this attached as the chinks are with showing off the wealth in this way. That's how I find it. Don't get me wrong, it's not as if directors and whatnot won't pimp out with their shiny new toys, but let's just say that NA execs and in Yurup are more confident in using what's needed to work instead of what looks good.

case in point: you will never catch the chink execs using some android phone out in the open. They may have it, but they'll never be caught using it in meetings. They obnoxiously show photo of their Bimmer on their iPad when they drift off during a presentation, and that's the point of it.
>>
>>51463367
Actually, the pro retina MBP would be more of the toys that 20 or 30 something (the spoiled rotten kid in SINGULAR) have while they slip latte. I've seen one or two that actually run WinXP or Win7 on'em for that matter.
>>
>>51463312
/thread
>>
>>51462331
It just doesn't have most features that /g/ needs. Like ricing/programming/typing painlessly. If you like it then use it senpai.
>>
>>51463799
It's way closer to Galaxy Note Pro tablet than it is to a tablet PC. The pencil having to pop off the top cap and plug into the lightning port to charge itself is a major hazard. People will snap that pencil and ruin that port. I guarantee it.
>>
>>51462394
You're pretty much right besides the fact that Android has been proven to come with botnets out of the box and also the fact that Android manufacturers tend to drop support from their devices literally 3 months later and then moving on with their next device.
>>
>>51462331
>/g/ is loosing credibility to me.

You said it! Reported you for blatant advertising.
Now fuck off.
>>
>>51463874
Android is a case where you have to go buy a Samsung device and then run custom roms since Sammy's actually popular enough for people to bother, or you have to get a Nexus device.
>>
I almost bought one today but the price really made me pause.
The only justification I could think of spending $1250 for a fucking tablet was it makes a great portable cintiq.

it destroys the companion and is cheaper then a companion2. the software needs some major catching up, in the meantime artists can use astropad for their PS and CSP fix.
>>
>>51462331
Man I fucking hate it when people loose shit like credibility upon me. I just feel so violated.
>>
>>51463906
That it does. Hell, edge to edge on the iPad pro is ok when I tried it.
I've been hoping that Apple would make their take on modbook pro for the longest time actually.
>>
"No plasticky chunky feel like Surface Pro"

I wonder if you've even touched a Surface Pro.
>>
>>51463990
He never did. No surface ever felt that way. It's all metallic, and the first two Surface Pro are real heavy at that.
>>
>>51462331
>MShit devices.
there is no way it is more responsive than either my desktop or thinkpad
>>
>>51464196
How old is your thinkpad? I had a x220T which uses i5 2520m, and I have to say that the i5-4200U that's in my Surface Pro 2 didn't suffer against that "tablet PC".
>>
>>51462331
>No plasticky chunky feel like Surface Pro
what? surface is made out of magnesium
>>
>>51463307
Top kek
>>
>>51462331
Too big, tablets are supposed to be 7 to 10 inches, anything bigger gets a bit too big
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.