[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looking to build my first PC.. here's what i've got
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1447828881361.jpg (340 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1447828881361.jpg
340 KB, 1920x1080
Looking to build my first PC..
here's what i've got ( pls no hate)

Graphics Card
MSI R9 380 GAMING 4G Graphics Card

CPU
AMD FX-8350 FX-Series 8-Core

Mother Board
ASUS PRO R2.0 AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD

Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD
WD Blue 1TB Desktop Hard Disk Drive - 7200 RPM SATA 6 Gb/s 64MB

Memory Card
Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 1866MHz DDR3 CL10 DIMM

Case
Thermaltake CHASER A21 Mid Tower ATX Window Gaming Computer Chasis

Audio Card
Sound Blaster Z PCIe Gaming Sound Card

Power Supply
Corsair CX Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS Modular 80 PLUS Bronze

I've got no idea what i'm doing guys... literally watched like 4 videos of people building computers and slapped some parts on my amazon wishlist.
Looking to get a liquid cooling system for the cpu.

also pic related. what i want to play
>>
>>51462164
Ditch the soundcard
Replace the EVO with a PRO
Ditch the Blue and get a green and then google widdle.exe and remove the disk parking.

Get a Closed loop cooler.
Coolermaster or Corsair Hydro series.

And consider gettting a better case.
>>
>>51462220
thanks for the reply
what would happen if i didnt have a sound card?

also do you know if the cpu + gpu are compatible with the motherboard?
>>
>>51462164
I have a 380, but I keep looking at the nvidia 960. this overclocked one on newegg will drop to like $189 plus a rebate like once a week if you keep checking it each day. or maybe consider a 970 for under $300.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487164
>>
>>51462275
Can't tell if troll or not.

If not, just look it all up on pcpartpicker.com

If troll, you're a pretty bad troll

If just stupid, then don't build. You should know by now if you're parts are compatible, you have the internet at your disposal which is literally the best tool for learning literally anything, ever. If I can learn how nukes are made and dive deep enough into the subject for the CIA to knock on my door then you can figure out what a socket is, and if the 8350 fits in the one you have picked out.
>>
>>51462905
**your

I hate small phones
>>
>>51462164
Mobo too high, RAM too much, audio card in the current year, PSU too much wattage and not enough quality.
>>
>>51462905
thanks for the link. appreciate it.
lol learnt how nukes + reactors work in year 12 physics. (which is like second to last year in highschool in the US. im from NZ)
gee if youre so smart why aren't you busy inventing the next revolutionary thing instead of replying to some 'troll' on /g/.
>>
>>51462963
>gee if youre so smart why aren't you busy inventing the next revolutionary thing instead of replying to some 'troll' on /g/.
If you do not want advice, why did you ask for it?
>>
>>51462919
what do you mean by too high?
yeah i was wondering if i needed 16 gigs of ram, might just get 8 and replace it later.
and might look for another PSU then

>>51462985
haha what advice. you bragging about how youre so smart that you know about nukes and calling me stupid?
anyway i found out that it does thanks to your link.
>>
>>51462963
Didn't finish highschool, U.S fag here, though I managed to get a bunch of certs right after I dropped out and got an entry level 30k/year job, 4 years later I'm making 80k and pretty much work from home unless something physical fucks up at work. Gives me time to learn things I want to learn, instead of being held back by the American education system :^) Glad you finished school though, but if you can't learn which CPU fits in a socket, it couldn't have done you much good.

Also, I'm not >>51462985
:^)

Anyway, most any GPU right now is hit or miss with F4, and what >>51462220 said is pretty much it, though take the savings from ditching the sound card and try to grab a GTX 970 for $250-$300 this holiday season. It'll do you a lot better in the long run. You PSU is also mostly fine, used several Corsair CX PSU's before, never had any issues but I prefer the EVGA gold+ PSU's, anything 600w w/ Gold+ or more will be fine for your build, even overclocking all your shit.
>>
File: asdasdasd.png (92 KB, 1257x460) Image search: [Google]
asdasdasd.png
92 KB, 1257x460
>>
>>51463125
>>51463172
holy shit thanks man.
>>
i saw a 390 on sale for 250 on newegg last night.

that a pretty good deal.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.