[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Drawing Tablets
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: intuos-draw-small-white-3-g.jpg (21 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
intuos-draw-small-white-3-g.jpg
21 KB, 960x640
I'm looking at getting my fiance a drawing tablet since her old one is no longer usable.
I've never bought or used one. I know she's going to use it for drawing, comics, sprites, and maybe texturing for 3d models.
I can't afford a whole lot right now, so while I'm looking I'm ignoring everything over $350 before taxes and shipping.
But since I don't know anything, I came here to ask for some advice on what to get. I saw this one:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/store/pen-tablets/intuos-draw-white
It's $60. I'm having a hard time believing it's any good. So I'm asking, can anyone help me find one she'd want for the budget I've got?
>>
Bump because I've also been looking at this and want some feedback
>>
>>51462024
don't have a huge amount of experience but I got a drawfag family member and I think the decent ones start around $100 but you'll want to take into account the size of the thing, don't get something small that she can't work comfortably with
>>
When I was in highschool I thought I wanted a tablet that I could draw onto, like the wii-ugamepad with the picture right there under the pen. When I looked around I saw they were all over $1000 and I lost interest.
Then in college I saw art students using some Wacom tablet that wasn't that. It was a pad and a pen and the students were watching their computer screens as they drew and stuff.
So now I'm thinking, what's gonna be the best bang for my buck.
I'll take size into consideration, I started thinking about that when the wacom site said there was different size tablets for different... Mediums? Comics, Drawings, etc. Since it's also being suggested here I'm going to trust that's something to keep in mind.
Any other help?
>>
>>51462333
unless this is a surprise gift or present, involve her in the choosing, cause if you don't then no matter what you get you'll get it wrong, she may not say anything about it but she'll always be not quite happy with it
>>
>>51462024
just make sure it's the same size or bigger
>>
>>51462379
She's not sure herself.
We know she wants to do webcomics and game sprites for sure, and she was planning on just plugging in the tablet like she used to and use photoshop.
I'm trying to broaden her horizon a little, maybe make things easier on her than always doing them the difficult way.
One of the programs we were looking at was the Live2D for animation. I like it because it's like what I was taught in my shitty ass maya course in college, but it still just takes an image you've already created anyway, so still using photoshop there.
>>
>>51462504
my niece who draws uses a bamboo tablet and is quite happy with it
>>
>>51462668
Bamboo is shit, the basic Intuos series is the starting point.
>>
This is the one the guys in the art class were using:
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/wacom-wacom-intuos-pro-wireless-graphic-tablet-pth451-pth451/10270041.aspx?path=2101cd30126618985c9891fcd05dc39aen02
>>
File: 10270041.jpg (26 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
10270041.jpg
26 KB, 500x500
>>51462917
pic
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.