[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MacBook trackpads
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (191 KB, 2040x1360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
191 KB, 2040x1360
Did Jesus Christ himself make these things? They're amazing. My Lenovo track pad is an embarrassing joke in conparison.
>>
My yoga 2 pro trackpad is the worst piece of shit.

It has this resistance that makes fine and sweeping movements painful.

The surfacebook looks like it has a comparable trackpad now however.
>>
>>51461360
I have an Asus from 2005. Its trackpad works just fine. Stop jizzing your pants over nothing. You're an embarrassment.
>>
>>51461403
Fuck you bitch
>>
>>51462167
>>51461403
ow i cut myself
>>
Early 2015 13" MBPr reporting in. Can confirm, GOAT.
>>
Should I buy a surface ?
>>
>>51461360
I suppose carpentry was the engineering of his day.
>>
>>51461360
windows trackpad drivers are just a joke
every trackpad I used worked perfectly fine in linux
>>
>>51462310
??????
>>
>>51462310
Buy a MacBook to be honest family
>>
>>51461360
I tried out the Surface Pro 4 and the touchpad is just as good if not better than the one on my rMBP13.
>>
>>51461360

>trackpad

Why do you need pointer input for terminal?
>>
>>51461360
>My Lenovo
How old and which model?

I like Apple trackpads in general but that's not a big enough reason to buy a Mac, at least a new one. Maybe some day I'll try another second-hand Mac and check if they fixed all those flaws already.
>>
>>51461360
I bought my mom a MBA and when I tried the trackpad after hearing so much praise I was like... Yep, that's a trackpad.
Seriously I don't get you people, a trackpad is a trackpad is a trackpad, they all make your fingers hurt after 30 minutes and what makes one good is three physical buttons AND THE ABILITY TO MOVE THE DAMN CURSOR WHILE A BUTTON ON THE KEYBOARD IS BEING HELD DOWN I DON'T GIVE A FLYING FUCK ABOUT PALMBLOCKER OR WHATEVER THE FUCK THIRD PARTY GARBAGE YOU'RE CRAMMING DOWN MY THROAT I DON'T NEED IT
I MEAN CAN YOU IMAGINE BEING SO FAT THAT YOU CAN'T EVEN TYPE WITHOUT YOUR WRISTFAT SPILLING OVER ONTO EVERY SURFACE OF YOUR LAPTOP?
NO, I CAN'T EITHER, NOW LET ME USE HOTKEYS AND MOVE MY CURSOR DAMMIT
>>
>>51461360
Why do people love these so much? They're fucking horrible. Whose retarded idea was it to integrate the mouse button with the trackpad itself? Why haven't they added right clicking?
>>
>>51463413
Not that it's any good, but two finger tap/resting two fingers on it and pressing the clicker = right click
>>
it's just a basic touchpad, 90% of new laptops have the same thing
>>
>>51463435
That's completely retarded. How is it supposed to know I'm trying to right click? I just want separate buttons, or even better, a trackpoint.

Posted from my ThinkPad
>>
>>51463460
Because you have two fingers on the trackpad genius. It's incredibly intuitive and if you have trouble with it you have issues
>>
>>51462255
same, never used such a good track pad before
>>
>>51462255
Same.
My only complaint is that iTunes is laggy as shit.
>>
>>51461360
>2015
>track pad

i bet you will think it's an innovation when macbooks get a touch screen.
>>
>>51463460
Macs don't have right click.
>>
>>51464242
It's literally better than any mouse for a large majority of things you bitter fag
>>
>paid Appleshits
Report, don't reply.
>>
>>51464249
Fucking retard.
>>
>>51463039
Terminal can drag&drop.
>>
>>51462994
Same here, went and bought a Surfacebook after that
>>
Trackpoint > Trackball > Touch > Trackpad
>>
>>51463460
Just click the right corner of the trackpad. Do you need a fucking physical separation between the trackpad and buttons?

Why do faggots lose their shit over the Macbook trackpad? In the basic functions of dragging your fingers around and right/left clicking, it works like everything else out there.
>>
>>51465285
Cosign.
>>
>>51461360
My mom bought one of those new Dell Inspirons with carbon fibre body and touch screen.
Turns out the trackpad is as good as Macbooks, all the gestures work (two finger scrolling, two finger tap, everything), Mom never uses the touchscreen because in comparison to the convenient trackpad gestures, using the touchscreen is inconvenient
>>
>>51465285
have you ever fell for so many memes at once
>>
>>51465445
>all the gestures work (two finger scrolling, two finger tap, everything)
I have had two finger scrolling and tapping for several years personally. I think it was even in an old T60 laptop and those things are ancient. I use Linux on laptops though, maybe that feature wasn't in Windows side always.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.