[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any good, reliable external hard drives that you g
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
Are there any good, reliable external hard drives that you guys recommend? I have pic related. It's ok. It kind of leaves me paranoid because it fails to turn on at times. Also, it's only 500GB, not a full TB.

Also, I just checked out the /g/ wiki and it lead me to this article: https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/External_hard_drive

Which I guess sounds plausible.

So, recommended external/internal hard drives?
>>
File: 1446070655832.png (22 KB, 959x329) Image search: [Google]
1446070655832.png
22 KB, 959x329
>>
just use the Cloud™, goy. remember to upload all your important documents and files unencrypted
>>
>>51455821
Fuck no, I use externals to stay away from that normie crap.

>>51455790
recommend their external or internal?
>>
>>51455841
Both. They currently make the most reliable drives. WD isn't bad either. Just stay away from seagate.
>>
do you guys remember when seagate was good? I remember.
>>
File: HSB100SATBK.Main.jpg (26 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
HSB100SATBK.Main.jpg
26 KB, 600x600
Just buy one of these and be a man.
>>
>>51455879
My 160gb seagate barracuda is the only seagate drive that didn't die on me. They seemed to go to shit around the time they bought maxtor. A 120gb maxtor drive melted my sata power cables.
>>
>>51455917
my 1tb barracuda was purchased 4-5 years ago and is still working gr8
>>
>>51455881
what is that?
>>
>>51456180
Like a hard drive dock but in an internal 5.25" bay.
>>
>>51456180
quick change hard drive bay for 5.25" slots to be exact, you can see the sata connectors.

it gets really rare and now USB3/external Sata cables are common, it's easier anc cheaper to get an external dock for this job.
>>
Question: If I buy an internal hard drive, and an external case or dock would I have to buy anything else to power it, plug it in via usb, etc? Or do I just plug in the internal and it works?

HGST's external drives look ok, but they have cloud storage installed on them. I guess I could just wipe them clean as soon as I take them out of the box though.
>>
Mines 2tb and it works great
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.