[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Apple Tv
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: apple-tv-gallery4-2015.jpg (168 KB, 2000x1536) Image search: [Google]
apple-tv-gallery4-2015.jpg
168 KB, 2000x1536
Girlfriends bday is coming up, she always sits and watches netflix on her ipad. Bought her an apple tv (keep in mind i hate apple) which I thought was a bit over priced, but since she has all apple products i figured this would make her happy. But I'm sitting here thinking maybe i should have just got her a chormecast. What /g/ think? Should i return it?
>>
Return it and buy her a black bull instead.
>>
>>51454884
>Bought her an apple tv (keep in mind i hate apple) which I thought was a bit over priced
She's fucking another guy and you're buying her shit. Senpai, you are clueless.

>>>/adv/
>>
Go for the happy medium and get her a roku
>>
>>51454884
if someone is already inside the apple ecosystem its best to get them products for that ecosystem

>b-b-bbut muh austism
no one cares, this product is not for you.
>>
Yes, return it and get her a gift card to somewhere for like 100
>>
>>51454903
>her a gift
That's pretty much my thought, she loves apple shit uses all of their stuff and this would fit in nice.
>>
>>51454902
Which roku?
>>
Apple TV gives you flawless device streaming from her Apple products.

No third party garbage through Google or Android.

You press 1 button and whatever is on her iPad is streamed directly to the TV with minimal latency.

Just do it, OP, don't be stupid.
>>
apple tv is worth it

but be careful, if you dont have good internet, the apple tv will eat up all your bandwith and you will have a hard time using the internet

the apple tv has some bullshit software that tells router to give it most of the bandwith
>>
>>51455718
Roku 3 for 1080p
Roku 4 for 4k
>>
>>51455800
>>51455753
Im keeping it cause I know if she would have to choose she would want the apple tv. They dont use their internet for much so bandwidth is not an issue.
>>
I got a roku back when they were cheap and I love it

loved it so much i got my parents one, and my brother one, and a second roku 3 for myself
I mean theres not much to love, its basically a "smart tv" minus the tv. but it does do a good job at what it does.

I like the roku 3 because it has a headphone jack in the remote. literally every remote for every tv should have this but only roku does. other streamers might have them as well idk. roku also lets me have user profiles so me and eight other people can be watching the same series independently without having to sort through which episode everybody is on.
>>
No overpriced roku shit. Just buy a amazon firetv stick and sideload any android app you want.
>>
> should I make my girlfriend happy or earn some /g/ cred
>>
as much as I like my roku, I can't reccoment it simply because of the price

you can get a compute stick for the same price as the new roku's. granted roku would still be a better streamer but come on, they should cost half of what they do
>>
Google Chromecast works with ipad
>>
>>51455800
This is bullshit. Just learn to use QoS.
>>
Keep the fucking apple tv senpai, it will make her happier even if it's not the optimal purchase.
>>
Get her the 1st gen OP; Jailbreak it and put XBMC on it, you might as well fuck the nigger that is fucking her while you're at it.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.