[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When I press the mic button of my earphone on mobile, it skips
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1448124044084[1].png (112 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1448124044084[1].png
112 KB, 600x600
When I press the mic button of my earphone on mobile, it skips to the next music.
I tried do the same in WMP in PC, but it did not work. The button has no functionality on PC, why?

The plug of my earphone e TRRS, as my phone and laptop.

So, why it does not work? Is there some way to enable its button skip/back functionality, as has in phone?
>>
Xposed additions
>>
>>51454103
>Xposed additions
It is for Android, right? I wanto to use its functionality on PC, with some Windows music player.
>>
File: 1419040974419.jpg (106 KB, 456x304) Image search: [Google]
1419040974419.jpg
106 KB, 456x304
I want at least understand why it does not work. It has no logic. Smartphone and laptop have the same plug port, so why PC does not recognize the earphone button? I can hear the musics just fine, but the button simple does not have functionality.
>>
>>51454067
They do work in OSX
>>
>>51455012
Why it does not work in Windows? It is just the mic button.I can hear music just fine. But I want to skip/back musics on WMP and it does not work as work when it is plugged on mobile phone.

I want at least to understand the issue.
>>
I have those and they don't fit in my ears. They were cheap though, but barely higher quality than dollar store headphones
>>
>>51454067
Your picture looks like a goofy face
>>
>>51454250

Buttons are a hack built on the trs connector, which was only designed to transport two channels of analog audio. There's not even a standard about buttons: there are in fact incompatibilities between Apple and everyone else. Computer sound cards, AFAIK, are not equipped to detect shorted contacts as button presses.
>>
>>51455079
I thought that. By default my PC do not recognize the button, ok. But is there some way to make it does? I have to write a specific program for it? It is just a software/driver issue, right?
>>
>>51455149

What I told you is that I think it's a hardware deficiency.
>>
>>51455221
Combo audio jack:
"This integrated headphone / microphone port uses a 4 section plug (identified with 3 black / colored rings)."

It is what my laptop has. Exactly the same type of port that my earphone requires.
>>
>>51455347
Its the same port but it doesn't have the hardware to detect buttons, only microphones. Stop asking the same question. The answer is no.
>>
>>51455597
It does not make sense.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.