[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/g/entoomen, some help here I have new laptop, and the hardware
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
/g/entoomen, some help here
I have new laptop, and the hardware is new as well
both antergos and manjaro detect these new hardware ( pic related) but functional , like my wireless and Ethernet both shown but when I try to connect, the SSID doesn't appear. And when I try to connect external wireless adapter, I guess I got kernel panic and have to reboot.

Now before you ask, I tried:
Mint debian: solid one, I use it on my desktop since long ago, no complain, but the kernel isn't the latest and when I tried to compile the new one, it didn't detect the hardware.

Ubuntu and derivative : shit one and doesn't work anyway.

OpenSuse: hardware not detected.

Gentoo: meme and also doesn't detect it

The only one I tried and detect is those two but still not functional
>>
Any suggestions?
>>
install windows. it just werks
>>
>>51452400
What CPU do you have.
>>
>>51453585
Intel Xeon.
>>
>>51452400
Have you tried installing kernel 4.2 from the debian backports?
>>
I had problems connecting to the internet on a linux OS when my Wifi security wasnt WPA 1, I had it as WPA2 and it refused to do anything with it.
>>
>>51453585
OP here, it is i7.

>>51453780
I tried 4.2 on both arch and mint debian, the arch detect it same as above, but debian didn't.
>>
>>51453796
Will, its not about wpa security ( wpa_supplicant) there and working well, but it doesn't work at all.
>>
File: Master Race.png (45 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
Master Race.png
45 KB, 620x349
Install Windows 10.
>>
>>51452400
dude you have some really good taste in color and window managers. it looks polished like a functional desktop.

Is Manjaro a proper Arch replacement for noobs?
>>
>>51455435
It's for intermediate users. I would not recommend this to a complete new commer
>>
>>51452400
Antergos is still unstable, much like the elementary OS.
You really should know antergos is one of the bad memes /g/ will suggest you
>>
Search engines sure are hard to use.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=linux+qualcomm+atheros+can%27t+connect
>>
>>51455407
Nope, I was only use windows for 3D modeling/design, now I'm completely independent.

>>51455435
Thanks, its solid actually and what you see is the out of the box.
>>51456254
I found the Manjaro more stable when its boot and install, so I guess you're right.

>>51456285
Yeah, like I didn't search, none of that is useful or tried it or other I searched for, the hardware I have ath10 is new and only found it detected in that distro.
But thanks anyway.
>>
File: 1437435814198.jpg (427 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
1437435814198.jpg
427 KB, 800x1000
>>51455407
We are in 2015, please go to hell stupid fag.
Windows 10 was built for dumb american students that were apple addicts.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.