[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how can an OS be this based? how is this even possible?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
how can an OS be this based? how is this even possible?
>>
well it's not OSX but definitely better than linux.
>>
Pretty shitty OS to be honest
>>
File: windows-7-logo.png (95 KB, 537x534) Image search: [Google]
windows-7-logo.png
95 KB, 537x534
>>51450458

I don't know. 60% market share, I guess people really like it. It's unbelievable, isn't it? :^)
>>
>>51450458
how can an OS be this shit? how is this even possible
>FTFY
>>
File: tc_020_trm.png (29 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
tc_020_trm.png
29 KB, 1024x768
>>51450458
Pic related.
>12 MB graphical Linux desktop
You can also run it within the BIOS...
>>
>>51450643
>ayy guys check out my new house
>I live in the basement and the rest of the house is empty
>>
File: 1420756844457.jpg (582 KB, 1600x1131) Image search: [Google]
1420756844457.jpg
582 KB, 1600x1131
>>51450711
>ad hominem
Your argument is invalid.
>>
>>51450738
I'm not I suiting you, just pointing out how silly it is to obsess over using as little memory as possible when everyone has gigabytes upon gigabytes of memory.
>>
I knew this stupid bandwagonning was going to come after people hated 8 because it had no start menu. 10 is less different from 8.1 than 8.1 is from 7.
>>
>>51450738

That is clearly not an ad hominem.
>>
>>51450751
>>51450751
Dammit *attacking
>>
>>51450756
>>51450711
A say something.
B say that A is an asshole, therefor all he is saying is shit.
Isnt this "ad hominem" ?
>>
>>51450458
thank you poojit
25 shilling points have been deposited to your windows account
>>
>>51450798
Nobody is calling anyone an asshole. I was drawing a parallel with another hypothetical situation which would be considered absurd, yet nobody bats an eye when people treat their tech this way.

God I hate this hypersensitive bs.
>>
>>51450537
Definitely not.

Linux starts quickly, runs like a champ under load, and doesn't currently require 100 registry hacks and switches and firewall blocks and settings to stop it from sending everything you do to Microsoft and everyone else.

Also, no fucking metro SHIT usability dialogs anywhere.
>>
if only the amd drivers didn't keep crashing every now and then.
>>
>>51450879
yes, instead it requires 1000 hacks to get things running like normal to start with.
>>
>>51450537
>well it's not OSX

it's not the worst OS? well, fucking great!
>>
>>51450879
My windows 10 pc goes from powered off to usable desktop in about 20 seconds. Is Linux really that much faster to start?
>>
>>51450711
More like
>hey guys check out my new warehouse
>I store shit on shelves because I'm not a fucking animal.
>>
>>51450927
No, it's generally no problem whatsoever.

The odd hands on job is absolutely not is not unlike with Windows, where I just today needed to do a small "hack" (revert to powershell / cmd) because graphical explorer GUI move was broken (LEL SAUCE DISK IS FULL, I BELIEVE THAT MEANS DESTINATION USB DRIVE IS FULL!).

And where I constantly do hacks to even keep muh partial backups running and network drives connected at startup for grandma who does not remember any network drive passwords, and to keep MS from putting GBs worth of trash files, updates, hibernation data, and what not on my drive... or pull KB to MB of "telemetry" and "marketing" and "debug" data from it.
>>
>>51450977
Yes, now with systemd practically everything boots fast:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTqwBtcLSm8

Oh yes, that's with basically almost everything started, unless with the Windows 10 laptops of grandma, dad and so on that actually will still bring up WLAN, dozens of services, network drives and what not once the desktop is there.
>>
>>51450738
>posts a picture in which logical fallacies like the infamous ad hominem argument gets explained
>labvels something ad hominem that's clearly not ad hominem
-1.61/10
>>
File: depressed.jpg (12 KB, 249x243) Image search: [Google]
depressed.jpg
12 KB, 249x243
>>51450458
Not this thread again
>>
>>51451651
-s
-v
forgot how to type
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.