[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would it be possible to transmit to AM radio frequency on a HAM
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: ham radio fag.jpg (2 MB, 6048x4032) Image search: [Google]
ham radio fag.jpg
2 MB, 6048x4032
Would it be possible to transmit to AM radio frequency on a HAM radio if all other communications went down due to a natural disaster? Not asking if it is legal just if it is possible...
Pic related, but not me...
>>
>Pic related, but not me...
thanks for the heads up, I would have thought you were an astronaut in space otherwise
>>
>>51449404
some fags are way to dumb if I say pic related...
>>
>>51449286
Regardless of whether other communications are down, it should work. You would have to swap the crystal or oscillator in the HAM radio with one that generates a suitable frequency for AM, and presumably crank the power up a bit if you want it to go very far at all.

One project in some electronics kits for kids is a very low power AM transmitter. It's amazingly simple and can transmit to regular AM radios in the same room if you choose a frequency that isn't taken.
>>
File: kakaw.gif (1 MB, 312x176) Image search: [Google]
kakaw.gif
1 MB, 312x176
>>51449286
you can transmit anything, just open the mic, play your AM radio and there u go!!
>>
>>51449286
>>51449434
What's wrong with only using one period at the end of your posts... Posting like this makes you seem like a fag...
>>
>>51449645
Maybe I am a fag...
>>
>>51449645
it means....

more is coming...

...like this.
>>
Ur a fag... Tbh... SENPAI... IMO...
>>
>>51449286
>down due to a natural disaster
Elaboate natural disaster

So long as you have power, you most likely can ignore anything else going on Hurricananes no problem Fires What fires

There are possiblities that these could create interference but basically so long as you hardware is up and going there will not be a problem This is one thing that Ham radio people like to make a big deal of

in the unlikely event that the natural disaster is a specific type of solar flare you may have problems from that causing intereference but it is unlikley

......,,,,,,,,,''''''?????()()()**
apply punctuation as you choose
>>
>>51449286
In a real disaster the last thing you'd want to do is fiddle with electronics.
>>
Use FM you dipshit
There is no reason to use AM
>>
>>51449783
>Use FM you dipshit
>There is no reason to use AM
except that fm is very short range
>>
>>51449825
Single Sideband (SSB) would be more practical in terms of range, and most Ham radios have it
>>
>>51449654
And then you feels troled when you realize there isn't...
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.