[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone out there produce electronic music? Been dabbling in it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 10
File: Sytrus.jpg (83 KB, 589x425) Image search: [Google]
Sytrus.jpg
83 KB, 589x425
Anyone out there produce electronic music? Been dabbling in it for a couple months, no hardware. Been thinking about getting serious and starting to make it more than just a hobby. What do you work with/recommend hardware/software wise? I'm set pc wise, nothing needed there.
>>
I produce music electronically but I wouldn't call it electronic music. I cant really suggest anything for you to try out either. good luck in your endeavors hombre
>>
File: puredatalogo.jpg (24 KB, 619x380) Image search: [Google]
puredatalogo.jpg
24 KB, 619x380
muther fuckin puredata
and supercollider if you really wanna step up
>>
>>51447767
i think he is talking about something else
>>
>>51447783
then he's wrong
>>
>>51447767
I keep seeing this posted, what is it exactly?
A drag and drop programming language for making synthesizers?
>>
>>51446803
if you are only thinking about taking it seriously do not invest in expensive equipment, irst just get one of those cheap launchpads they work great and you can find them for about $100
>>
Hardware is pointless, pirate every daw you can and see what you like best for certain things and use each for that certain thing.
>>
>>51448003
it's a graphical `patcher' language geared specifically for live music production
written by the same guy who wrote Max/MSP

who he was working with at the time ended up with control and ownership of Max and upon leaving was barred him from working on his own project
so he rewrote it, different enough to not be the same, while fixing problems and issues he'd come to see the first time, and (most importantly) released it as free software
Max might look prettier, but by all other measures pd is better

patcher programming is actually pretty neat
it makes sense as to why it hasn't on for actual developmental programming, but it's cool nonetheless
especially if you're `guitar pedal minded'

each thing is like a guitar pedal with ins and outs
you plug them together with cables
you make something you like and want to reuse, you wrap the entire patch in a single object, abstracting the innards away
chain them together
can become insanely complex
very fun

have a book
http://www.pd-tutorial.com/english/index.html
>>
File: mfw_picard.jpg (44 KB, 505x423) Image search: [Google]
mfw_picard.jpg
44 KB, 505x423
>>51446803
>I'm set pc wise
>pc
>>
>>51447767
>>51448003
>>51448255
https://jii.moe/EJTMoQFXx.pd
check out my sick project for the music school i dropped out of
>>
>>51446803
You won't make it more than a hobby, electronic music isn't an industry that you will break into by teaching yourself.
>>
I've been using FL Studio for years now.
It's still just a hobby

If you've been "dabbling in it for a couple months" and is "thinking about getting serious", you're not ready for it yet.

Don't waste your money on hardware you won't use or get a profit from.

Or you could get "serious" in the sense of producing shitty EDM like Martin Garrix, in which case you don't need any hardware at all.
>>51448159
Also, this.

>Error: Our system thinks your post is spam. Please reformat and try again.
I guess I won't share my music then.
>>
>>51448159
what this guy said.

i used to produce chiptune; i got a somewhat modest following through bandcamp without ever buying a piece of hardware (except for a recording interface for instrumentals. i don't think a bass or guitar counts as hardware in this context).

later on once i got involved in live music, i started buying hardware (LSDj gameboy + 1/4" out, used a rom hacked famicom for a while but ditched it) and simple shit to get everything together (mixer, drumpad, MIDI keyboard, etc.) but really I only spent maybe $300 total for all of these and they were on shoestring budgets with broken fucked up craigslist gear. In retrospect I didn't really need any of them and it didn't make it any easier.
>>
>>51446803
I make ambient/noise shit, back in the day all I used was cool fucking edit and tuareg (really basic drum/synth/seq software) then I got a better computer and just used adobe audition plus a few vst plugins

I tried to add beats here and there, but I could never get the hang of renoise and the like, so I just programmed some basic stuff and edited manually in audition, took a long fucking time
>>
>>51446803
Plugins:
NI Massive
RefX nexus
Serum
Sylenth1
----------------
>>
Google DAW (digital audio workstation) . Try them all out and pick what you like (Most of them are great and you actually don't need to be that obsessive about features that you will never use for now). Learn music theory. Develop your ears for differentiating music notes. Djing and mixing music helps a lot. Keep spitting out music, no matter how bad it sounds right now. Keep practicing and create full tracks. Also Google VST's. Don't stick to stupid tricks (like drops, annoying vocals before the drop or clock sounds like Martin garlic). Keep your samples (drums especially) to a minimum or learn to make them yourselves. Downloading entire sample sets/VST's don't make you a musician producer or whatever. You need to do the work. Invest equal time in the sound engineering aspects of the sound (EQing /Filters) because even if you are a beet oven, you need a good sound/tone that is clear and precise. Not noise. If you are really getting serious, you need to also learn to market yourself. That's a whole another level.
>>
>>51446803
Honestly, if you own an iPad you should start there

There are tons of innovative music apps on iOS, many of which aren't available on either OSX or Windows

Almost all worthwhile apps supports either Inter Audio, virtual midi or audiobus so you can connect them

Grab something like Nanostudio (Also available for free on OSX/Windows). It's got 16 tracks, a decent drum machine and a really good synth. That alone should get you started but if you want more check out Samplr, Magellan, Patterning and well, there are too many to list

Not sure what the situation on Android is like but i know for sure you can get Oscillab and Caustic. Both are great tools
>>
>>51448255
Is it like how Reason has its Racks?
>>
>>51450466
Scratch everything on that list and just use Serum.
And maybe Sylenth1, it's pretty good.
>>
>what suggest
monitors, as in speakers not screens.

>pirate this, plugin that
learn how constructive / deconstructive synthesis works so you can make your own without plugins doing it all for you.
>>
>>51447767
This guy gets it.
Also, if you're really into it, check out libsndfile, or rtaudio.
>>
>>51446803
I've been making music in ableton for about 10 years. Before that, I used trackers.
>>
I'll go against everyone and say buy some hardware, like a synth and a drum machine. There is nothing like sitting in front of a dedicated little box, it's great fun. You don't have to look at a big screen, you don't get dazzled by the million functions of your daw, you're not distracted by other things on your computer, your eyes don't get tired from looking at the screen. Just midi sync them and have fun. Anyone who says hardware is useless/pointless has most likely never actually made any music with hardware.

When you have something then record it in to your daw and mix it.

Unless you really have no money, in that case use whatever.
>>
>>51446803
Why do all music creation programs have such stupid meme UIs? Who the heck is going to use that tiny ass on-screen piano? And what's with those knobs? Standard GUI toolkits wouldn't do?
>>
>>51451148
Agreed. Serun is easily the best of all the ones listed.
>>
>>51452057
try learning them, you might understand a bit more
>>
>>51452057
ableton has a seamless no-bullshit ui
>>
PRODUCTION THREADS STAY IN >>>/mu/
LOOK FOR FUCKING /Production/ THREADS YOU FAGGOT
DISCUSSION OF LEFT-WING SOUNDCLOUD MUSIC SHIT-DUCTION BELONGS IN /mu/
STAY OUT OF THIS BOARD
>>
>>51452123
go back to your equally worthless graphics card thread then
>>
>>51452123
What about right-wing soundcloud music?
>>
>>51452276
You get free chicken wings then m8
>>
how the fuck do synths work? can you say 'i would like to make a bell sound' and start choosing the right soundwaves, frequencies and filters? this is black magic
>>
>>51452750
Basically: Oscillators, filters, ADSR envelopes, and infinite ways of combining them.
>>
File: blackmagic.jpg (30 KB, 562x472) Image search: [Google]
blackmagic.jpg
30 KB, 562x472
>>51452750
>>
>>51452750
You think about how a bell sounds. It has a sharp and fast initial sound (attack), and then the sound sustains and fades out. For this basic shape or character you can use an ADSR envelope. Of course to make it sound realistic you need to use the right source sound (type of oscillators), like two sine waves will sound very different from two square waves. Then you have things like filters which can darken or lighten the sound, completely or increasingly/decreasingly over a period of time, so you could set up the filter to be very bright for the first part of the sound (the clang or hammer hitting the bell) and then darken a bit so the sustain of the bell note is duller than the initial hit sound.

Bell sounds are generally best achieved with FM synthesis, which is very complex to use properly even though it is simple in principle.
>>
>>51453137

this actually makes a lot of sense. though i don´t know what fm synthesis is
>>
>>51450466
>>51446803
Is it worth downloading Omnisphere? It's just a pain in the ass to try finding a mac version
>hackintosh master race here
Also what plugins/ AUs should I get while I still have the opportunity to pirate?
I use Logic and Ableton
>>
>>51454910
No, just use the instruments included in FL
>>
>>51454930
I-I don't have Fruity Loops
>>
>>51452750
Bells are easy as balls
https://youtu.be/bHr7EeOv4UQ
>>
>>51454964
Time to start. You're literally at the point where you're mentioning Omnisphere. Thats pretty much when you know you've hit rock bottom.
>>
>>51454997
Oh I see. You can obviously tell if someone sucks when he uses Omnisphere xD epik /b/ro
>>
>>51454910
Serum is really good. Get it.
Great wavetables support, easy to use and route LFOs and good effects rack.
It's getting updated as well.
>>
>>51454751
>i don´t know what fm synthesis is
You can read up on that, I'm sure the internet can explain it better than I can.
>>
thinking of doing some chiraq drill music on XMMS, anyone recommend me any packs?
>>
>>51455021
...you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. Good luck, noob
>>
Omnisphere is a fast but expensive way to create what you can do with cheaper stuff.
>>
>>51446803
Renoise
some VSTIs

And\Or Reason
you can combine Reason+Renoise to have tracker shit but Reason's synths to have a good combo...

Please play with synths, don't use pre-fabs for production works, pre-fabs make you look like a giant tool...
>>
>>51454910

I use Omnisphere, Trilian, and Styrus RMX.
It's awesome.
Not something you would want to start with unless you already know a lot.
>>
>>51447767
puredata is fucking god tier
I made an audio/video granulizer with it
https://youtu.be/C0Q5pBH3tpc
>>
I work with Fl Studio 11.1 and have been producing for over a year. I use a 25 key alesis keyboard. AMA?
>>
Fuck that whole game of what music is supposed to be right now. It’s so fucked up even listening to what sounds like people trying to get super good at a video game or something. It doesn’t even sound anything like self-expression, it’s like… I’m awesome within these predefined parameters that are presented to me. Which I guess most artists feel is what’s exciting about a genre. They see a few people doing a similar thing and then everyone just jumps on it and goes, “I’m this now!” It’s like if a bunch of people wore the same fucking outfit from the Gap, you know? What is the difference between that and being awesome at World of Warcraft or something? Not much. It’s almost the same thing if you think about it.
>>
>>51455582
Why is the keyboard neccessary?
>>
File: 567613710_l.jpg (63 KB, 600x609) Image search: [Google]
567613710_l.jpg
63 KB, 600x609
>>51455582
>>
>saw for catchy tune
>pulse for bass
>drumkit
>start with kick drum doing boom boom for a while then let the bass synth playing the role of bass repeat a short bassy kinda tune
>after a little while put the saw melody, make it by humming some pop song then fucking it up with gates and blip blop sounds and shit
>after it's done put another tune but kinda different and maybe use a square this time
>finishing touches may include post production layering and other shit to obscure the crap you made
>>
>>51455612
It's not, I only use it to increase my work flow. I'll play melodies on it or whatever and then write it to my work once I like it .
>>
>>51446803
i use LMMS to create dark ambient to help me sleep...LMMS is pretty good but it crashes like every 5-10 minutes for me (save project frequently)
>>
>>51455750
You should report a bug then
>>
>>51454910
izotope iris is fucking great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrB-GolJZ2E&index=
>>
File: DSCF0518a.jpg (397 KB, 920x1754) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0518a.jpg
397 KB, 920x1754
>>51446803
I produce electronic music, make stuff for videogames and animations for a living.

Hardware is great. I noticed a lot of people try and make cases against it, but it comes across as a case of sour grapes nine out of ten times. No, not every hardware synth is great, but it's also intellectually dishonest to say everything software is better than hardware even if we're talking about VA synthesizers.

My advice to you would be to buy used. I've been doing that for the past two years and was able to get a lot of retro and not so retro synths in good condition for the price of one, perhaps two brand new ones that wouldn't do half of what these do.

For example, I have a Korg Poly 800, a 32 years old 8 voices analog synthesizer in perfect condition (not a single issue) that I got for around $300. Could have been even cheaper if I were in a first world country. The Casio CZ-1 on the picture was sold to me for around $150.

Now, I'm not going to say you need hardware to make tracks. Even without an interface or a MIDI controller you can make tracks, and I worked under those conditions for years. However, it helped my workflow a lot and they're a lot of fun to work with.

I'd suggest buying gear only if you can afford it and have the physical space for it, because it takes over your life.
>>
>>51455937
looks like a real ghetto setup. Dig it man
>>
>>51446803
Massive is a must.
ReFx Nexus and Vanguard
Z3ta+
Sylenth1
Alot of the Image Line vsts that come with FL are awesome
ohmicide plugin
d blue glitch plugin
ive been told FM8 by NI but i never used it much, didnt like the layout
>>
>>51455937
What is that drum machine?
>>
>>51456409
>ive been told FM8 by NI but i never used it much, didnt like the layout
>I couldn't into FM
>>
>>51456416
It's a Yamaha QY70, a MIDI sequencer and workstation from the 90s. Runs on batteries and has a lot of those nice XG sounds that were so popular in Yamaha performance keyboards, patches are somewhat editable and you get 16 channels to write in. Can work as a module as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_g9o5QTnqUk

This is what it sounds like.
>>
>>51446803
if you're not a "trained" musician (e.g. can only read tablature, never took a music theory course, lessons etc...) then the best programs to start with are:
- fruity loops / flstudio (many version work fine under wine on linux or os x)
- versatile trackers (renoise, milkytracker)
- logic (if you're a macfag)

if you can play a stringed instrument or keys, you'll also want a decent audio interface and/or external midi controller.
>>
>>51456508
>It's a Yamaha QY70, a MIDI sequencer and workstation from the 90s.

It's totally uneccssary wankery used by schmucks only is what it is.
>>
>>51456824
>I was always too poor to afford hardware and now I'm salty
>>
>>51456824
This is precisely what I mean about sour grapes. I like having this thing and find it useful. You don't. Good thing I'm the one who owns it, right?
>>
I use audacity
Here is my electronic music youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2D6nJ2d1Sw
>>
Ask a Mastering/Post Production Engineer anything
>>
>>51457478
how to make your track sound "mixed" and professional
preferably with as little hardware equipment as possible
>>
>>51457562
experience, practice, and good ears.
>>
File: 83_IggyPop_L091105.jpg (44 KB, 300x184) Image search: [Google]
83_IggyPop_L091105.jpg
44 KB, 300x184
>>51446803
>machines ain't music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POnGb28DgFQ
>>
>>51457562
Tracks usually sound professional because they were mixed and mastered by someone other than the producer/engineer, who does it all day every day and knows what they're doing.
>>
>>51457690
yeah that's not really good help though, is it?
>>
>>51457594
don't answer for me you retard.
>>51457562
Could you please tell me what genre you're in?
>>
>>51457708
there is no simple answer to your question. You just have to get good. But you'll never be able to remain objective when mixing and mastering your own music.
>>
This board is full of fucking retarded wisenheimers. Can't even give someone a professional tip without you niggers having to annoying him with your useless sentences.
>>
>>51457594
>>51457690
>>51457741
that shit really triggers me atm. how the FUCK are those replies going to help him? What the fuck is wrong with you autistic niggers? NOT EVEN O N E USEFUL ADVICE
>>
>>51457796
He got the advice he needs, not the advice he wanted.
>>
>>51457796
>NOT EVEN O N E USEFUL ADVICE

Read up on your craft and practice. Review what you have done, learn from it, practice, learn from it, practice.

Same as every other skill in the world, you get better through knowledge, understanding and practice.
>>
>>51455506
if ur still here m8, u do all ur a/v stuff in pd? it's crazy cool
>>
>>51457858
saying other people mix it for you isn't advice you imbecile.
>>
>>51457901
He wants professional results, that's how to get them.
>>
>>51457876
I've moved on to Touchdesigner
https://youtu.be/8EZJlfMudNc
We have a crew that's ramping things up, we're doing another one of these in the spring, where we projection map a rock climbing gym, only next time it's for a friend's thesis and it will be interactive via cellphone
>>
>>51457711
>Could you please tell me what genre you're in?
hip hop/electronic
but it's all the same thing nowadays
>>
>>51457935
shit, yo.. i'm also in the boston area
i'm tryna do my own thing with sample based/controllerism vjing, but how can i find out more about what your crew does
>>
>>51457562
I can't tell you how to mix or master your tracks. I can point you to a resource that helped me learn to mix my own work as I produce

THE MONEYSHOT THREAD
https://www.dubstepforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=74832

read this bitch through. if they're talking about a kick being at -8, grab a kick (most kicks you download from internet are already at -8 but yadada) and mix it to -8 in your DAW. I personally didn't read the whole thing, but the first 12 or so pages of that thread is fucking gold
the thread is in their production / sound design board and relates to all genres
>>
>>51458119
Give me your email and I'll hit you up, if I can ask what hardware/software are you using? We resident Elements the dnb night
>>
>>51458214
[email protected]
i use a novation twitch with resolume/milkdrop + osc shit i'm writing, really just starting out but i wanna go to grad school to work on it more
>>
>>51458184
Here's a very nice AMA with drum & bass producer Optical, lots of technical stuff, might be useful to someone

https://www.reddit.com/r/edmproduction/comments/1vagak/i_am_optical_ama_virus_recordings
>>
>>51457965
ok, >>51457478 hehe

Alright I'm going to give you some tipps based on my experience with people's tracks because people tend to do the same mistakes. If you manage to deal with these problems, you have a good foundation:

1. Don't let anything interfere with your kick, this is especially important in Electronic Music. Lower the frequency on other channels which are used by your kick. Keep your kick Mono (at least up to about 130hz in case you're layering).

2. As I've mentioned it in point 1, Bassline and Kick shouldn't interfere each other. People often make this mistake. You can avoid this problem by 1. lowering the frequencies your kick uses in your bassline and 2. by using a sidechain compressor.

3. Keep your basslines mono too. People seem to not care about this but this is a fatal mistake. I realize people want to have some modulation effects on their bassline but that doesn't change the fact that you have too keep the lower frequencies of your bassline mono. That means you'll have to layer your basslines to or split the signal into M/S at the end and cut out the side signal up to 130hz.

5. Use a fader plugin (use Sonalksis Free G, its free) at the end of your chain because it will ease your mixing process in terms of automation because if you automate the volume within a track it can be a hassle to adjust that track to the mix afterwords or while you're working.

6. PLEASE keep the compression within a reasonable limit. Leave some room on your master and let the engineers worry about loudness and try to avoid maximizers. There are cheap mastering services that do a decent job.

7. Use stereo expanders CAREFULLY

I think that's it. Those are the things that annoyed me the most while mastering tracks, especially in the EDM genre.
>>
>>51458387
>hehe
*here
>>
>>51458387
There's no way you're a professional mastering engineer.
>>
>>51458562
yeah, I'm probably working in a TV station because I'm a complete retard that doesn't know shit about his job. I've also asked myself why they're not hiring a wisecracking neckbeard from 4chan. Got a vita? Maybe they'll replace me by you...

oh I forgot, next time please tell me what's wrong with those tips I gave
>>
>>51458636
don't listen to him
>>
>>51458636
Post some kind of tip or knowledge that isn't known by every person sitting in their bedroom with ableton then. Otherwise I call bullshit.
>>51458656
>yeah you go girl
>>
>>51458679
if you think every person sitting in a bedroom knows this stuff I BEG YOU to apply as a trainee in a mastering studio. PLEASE. You will have the pleasure of listening to the tracks of bedroom DJs who don't know the most basic things. The guy who asked me for tips obviously is a beginner, so I gave him beginner tips you asshole. Really funny, I'm just trying to be nice here and some fuck like you has to spread negativity over here. What happened? Did your gf get dicked by the nigger next door or what?
>>
>>51458759
still calling bullshit...
>>
>>51458786
I hope your family dies by cancer
>>
>>51458803
Wow are you 13?
>>
>>51458290
Sent, hit me up
>>
>>51458636
Not the guy trolling you but post some stuff you've mastered
>>
>>51457478
Any tips on how to treat vocals to get a spread out and full sound? I know obviously to a certain degree it comes down to the vocalist but there's just something wrong with my mix and I can't put my finger on it. I've tried eqing all the highs where it sounds congested but it still sounds kinda buried.
>>
>>51446803

FL Studio is all you'll ever need.

I'm serious. I have a ProTools 11 setup w/digi003 console and everything and I spend far more time in FL Studio working on music than anything else.
>>
>>51455937

>mfw I used to have a Poly 800, Poly800MKII, and a Casio CZ1000

good shit bruh.
>>
File: shill-pic.jpg (77 KB, 402x402) Image search: [Google]
shill-pic.jpg
77 KB, 402x402
>>51459186
>>
>>51459090
chorus or double tracking
>>
>>51458963
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIUkzhi3hHE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHk91F-B1y8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tBOtSPrNik

that was back then, when I was working at the mastering Studio before I changed to post production.

>>51459090
depending on the vocal there are numerous ways and you'll need to be careful with all of them.
1. duplicate the vocals and split them into L and R (obviously not 100%), you'll have to eq and probably delay the tracks a tiny bit.
2. reverb
3. Stereo Expander but I'd be very careful with this because it usually results in phasing issues. I'm not a friend of Stereo Expanders.
>>
I mainly use FL studio, I mess around with Nexus , and play with a few more loaded plugins, although they aren't that good.
>>
>>51459212

no bitch, I've just been an FL Studio user since FL4 (free updates and shit). I'm comfortable as fuck in it, but I'm always about a version or two behind cause once I get comfortable with it I'd like to use it for a while before upgrading.

Currently on FL10.

I've also been a ProTools user since PT5 w/Audiomedia III card. I've gone through my AMIII, Digi001, MBox, Firewire Solo and Audiophile 192 (ProTools M-Powered), and my current 003 console.

I fuckin hate Protools, but it's necessary for hip hop beats 'cause artists want the protools sessions to record with.

Make beats in FL Studio, Sell to "rapper", export to PT, profit!
>>
>>51459320
>10 shillings being transferred to you as we speak
>>
>>51449709
You a dumbads if ya think ya can't teach yaself and then end up making beatports top ten at number one, like Mutrix, in his mom's fucking basement.

Bottom line if u got game, you'll get scooped up, if you don't, oh well right? Only took big Sean 10 years but he still sold 10k albums
>>
>>51459379
>Mutrix
Who?
>10k albums
I can't tell if you think that is a lot or very little.
>>
File: ableton.png (276 KB, 1680x1006) Image search: [Google]
ableton.png
276 KB, 1680x1006
I like using Ableton.
>>
>>51458387
>https://www.dubstepforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=74832
>>51458312
>>51458184
cool thanks. Isn't really my taste of music but it's good to know since dubstep also has alot of emphasize on the "OOMPF"
>>
>>51459941
Keep in mind that most of older threads on that forum relate to something quite different from the noise that Americans call dubstep these days.
>>
Anyone her have any recommendations on books about sound design, if not just other learning materials? I've read the manuals for all of my synths to know what everything does, I just don't really know where to go from here.

Youtube tutorials help but "how to make gurgle bass like skrillex" youtube videos only get you so far.
>>
File: 894944444.jpg (23 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
894944444.jpg
23 KB, 240x240
>>51460266
>gurgle bass
>>
>>51459396

for an indie EDM release 10K is like gold.
>>
>>51460266
skrillex is shit. Learn how to do wobble basses right.
>>
>>51446803
I use fl studios great daw in my opinion, I know there's many better daws out there but I find fl studios is easiest to use
>>
>>51460042

>amerifag here
>Got Benga, Skream, Plasticman/Plastician, and a few others queued up in Winamp now

Not all of us are filthy savages that believe the noise skrillex makes is proper dubstep.
>>
>>51463079
More power to you sir then, shame there are not a lot more like you.
>>
>>51462371
The music I make is not anywhere near dubstep, American or UK.

That is why the abundance of videos detailing those two styles is not very helpful to me

That is why I am seeking a source that offers general insight, not specific sounds that only work in one genre
>>
>>51455025
Serum's best feature is definitely the wavetable editor. It's fucking amazing. You can draw your own wavetable or import any random sound and get it analyzed. My favourite thing to do is to import a snare in FFT 2048 and do a spectral interpolation. Associate an envelope sidechained to an LFO to the wavetable position and generally fuck around with it, especially odd voicing and detuning. It makes some really interesting sounds .
Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.