[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Planning on upgrading my computer by putting a used Radeon HD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 569x439) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 569x439
Planning on upgrading my computer by putting a used Radeon HD 5770 in it. Is it solid as it is if all I really do is browse the internet and watch anime? Other than the shitty 32-bit OS not letting me use the other 6gb of my ram, obviously. I'm planning on wiping my hard drive and installing a Windows 7 pro iso I've had saved since Digital River went away as well.

Or should I just wait a year and build an entirely new computer?
>>
Why do you need to upgrade your GPU if you all you "really do is browse the internet and watch anime"?
>>
The biggest upgrade desu would be to install 64bit windows and more ram
>>
>>51446546
I thought it might be fun to try out some PC games. Basically what I'm asking is if my CPU is decent or if I should start fresh in a year instead of upgrading my current machine.
>>
I have one. Bought it Christmas 2010 if I'm remembering right. It's a trooper and will play all but the most performance intensive games up until 2014. I feel like it really started showing its age this year, and I'm going to make a new build with a new GPU.
>>
>>51446493
Is it a stock cooler you have on that? That nigger is toasty
>>
>>51446552
fag
>>
>>51446642
No, it's one of these http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0028Y4S9K

My only guess as to why it gets so hot is vecause it doesn't use all of the ram and the case is small. In the summer it's usually 90+ degrees no matter what I'm doing.
>>
>>51446711
Yeah that'll do that, I don't want to imagine what a stock cooler would do to that thing
>>
>>51446711
>My only guess as to why it gets so hot is because it doesn't use all of the ram
>why it gets so hot
>because it doesn't use all of the ram

Come on.

Honestly?
>>
>>51446911
I mean I'm regularly pushing it past it's limits, just having MPC and 15 tabs open in Firefox will make things start crashing.
>>
>>51446969
your pushing your limited ram to the limits not the cpu you really need to get a 64 bit os go pirate it or something
>>
>>51446642
Doesn't speccy have a problem reading some AMD processors?
>>
>>51447162
It's a normal reading.
>>
File: Capture.png (50 KB, 1128x269) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
50 KB, 1128x269
>>51448528

forgot pic
>>
>>51446493
Wtf kind of computer is that? Is that a real picture or no?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.