[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/spg/ - Smartphone General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25
File: 1447988509429.jpg (213 KB, 1000x928) Image search: [Google]
1447988509429.jpg
213 KB, 1000x928
Locutus is Asleep Edition

A general thread to collect all of the smartphone purchase threads

into one place. Try not to argue, and provide evidence for claims.

Suggestions to this general OP post are appreciated!

>YouTube Reviewers

https://www.youtube.com/user/marquesbrownlee
https://www.youtube.com/user/AndroidAuthority
https://www.youtube.com/user/pocketnowvideo

>Terrible YouTube Reviewers

https://www.youtube.com/user/gadgetmatch
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheAngelofmusic1989

>/g/ Approved Review Sites
http://www.gsmarena.com
http://www.phonearena.com
http://www.notebookcheck.net
(Give us recs here, and I'll add them in the future)

>Anon's Mobile Device Guide:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxMugiNgJ2qteHBfNFJyLUgxN1k/view
(to the anon who made the basic phone guide, this is just me but

perhaps it would be better to turn it into a spreadsheet on Google

docs so that it's "easier" to read?

Here's an example:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WI4dKGcwWjn5XpTgfLsK8c0cipRzrW

bVpiLGeVr55Ks/htmlview?sle=true)

>/g/ Approved Phones
Fuck you NEETs too much bitching, if you don't post proof you own a phone and like it, we're not gonna reccomend one
>>
File: Note 4.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1193) Image search: [Google]
Note 4.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1193
So /spg/, is it worth buying the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 this late in 2015 with the idea of keeping it for two years, or should I shill out the extra dosh to get the Note 5?
>>
File: 1446943011767.gif (2 MB, 400x307) Image search: [Google]
1446943011767.gif
2 MB, 400x307
Was actually waiting for one to pop up
>>51446055
>>51446363
So shit batttery life hmmm? Wouldn't marshmallow fix that issue? or not? If not would the the G be a better buy?
>>
Is Chrome currently the best phone browser?
>>
>What launcher do you use?
I don't really like nova, for some reason it has low fps in my phone (LG G4), like...it isn't "lag", maybe it's because it's the free version.
I think I really like action3 launcher tho.

>Also, what weather app do you use?
I'd like to have a nice weather+time widget but they all suck (google now, accuweather)
>>
>>51446490

Yeah, but people around here will tell you otherwise because of le botnet meme.
>>
>smartphone general
just buy an iphone
>>
What's a good replacement for Google Calendar or is there a way to keep it from asking me for Gmail?
>>
>>51446759
Sunrise Calender is good
>>
File: lisa_34.jpg (17 KB, 300x291) Image search: [Google]
lisa_34.jpg
17 KB, 300x291
>mfw just got my note 4
it's preaty neato
>>
>>51446805
Too bad it's been bought out by Microsoft. They're going to discontinue it soon and fold it into Outlook.
>>
who /gs3/ here?
just ordered a new one for 100$
>>
>had heart set out on a Galaxy S6 Edge
>reviews saying its shit
Fuck what do /g/? I really need a phone because my shitty One Plus One has shat out on me like the chinkshit it is. The Edge's fatal flaw seems to be its battery.
>>
I want shitskins to leave
>>51446658
also this
>>
>>51447009

just buy edge+, it has better battery, and 1gb more ram, and the phone looks better large
>>
>>51447084
What are your opinions on the curve glass? A lot of the reviews seems to say its completely useless beyond looking sexy as fug.
>>
>>51446490
Chrome beta is better
>>
>>51447103

>>51447103

it's a bit of a gimmick, but not a bad one imo, it makes the screen look larger, with almost non existant edges. i'd get the edge+ just for the looks tbqh
>>
>>51446658
DESIGNATED

SHITTING

HANDS
>>
Good video for those of you considering Sony products

https://youtu.be/j1_nS9zPO9k
>>
>>51446593
>pls respond
>>
>>51446593
I use Nova launcher on my S4, with Marshmallow Icons
>>
>>51446352
Well, with the 4 you can still remove the battery and have an SD card.
>>
>>51446490
I kept having issues with chrome, but I'm using naked browser now and it's working pretty gud.
Better than dolphin and opera in my opinion.
>>
>>51447604
>tfw want a z3 compact, but hate the idea of not being able to swap out the battery, or using any phone with a glass back.
>>
>>51446658
>protruding camera
If I'm going to put up with shitty design I'd rather get a cheaper Android device, thanks.
Can buy 4 zenfone 2s for the same price as an iPhone 16gb,and the zenfone had expandable storage.
So even if I don't get updates in 2 years, I can just upgrade and still spend less than an iPhone would cost me.

Just out of curiosity, how long does the average iPhone user keep their device?
>>
>>51447228
Isn't it more vulnerable to breaks if you drop it though?

>>51447604
Don't forget how many of them had issues because they weren't as waterproof as rated. Iirc the z2 had the most problems.
>>
>https://www.youtube.com/user/TheAngelofmusic1989
> Terrible Reviewers

>http://www.phonearena.com
>/g/ Approved Review Sites

Is this bait?
>>
>>51448117
Yeah, people fuck with the OP all the time. Just don't take the OP too seriously frienderino
>>
>>51446352
Better VR on 5. The old gearVR for the Note 4 will probably go up in price since they'll be out of production.
>>
Hello /g/ please help me decide.
I'm torn between the Oneplus x and Xiaomi Mi 4c. I fear chinaphones but heard that Xiaomi makes good ones.
>>
>>51448185
Both are chinkphones

Oneplus is now trying to sell people an extra warranty just to cover what's legally obligated in the EU and US under normal warranties, they have shit support basically
>>
File: OnePlus-One.jpg (54 KB, 950x534) Image search: [Google]
OnePlus-One.jpg
54 KB, 950x534
AOSParadox vs Sultan's ROM

Which is best for OnePlus One?
>>
Anyone have any OnePlus X invites? Been waiting about 4 days now and nothing.
>>
>>51448359
just buy it from china without an invite
>>
>>51448373

Where if you don't mind sharing?
>>
>>51448384
just search oneplus X on ebay. should be able to find plenty of chink sellers with one. only problem is they load the phone with malware before sending it to you, so before you even boot the phone you should unlock bootloader wipe phone and flash a fresh ROM
>>
>>51448092
Ayy iPhone btfo.
There is no reason to spend so much on an iPhone. In 2 years the battery will be worn out, the phone will run slow on newer updates, and you'll want to upgrade to something shiny and new anyways.
Fuck android flagships too. Just get the best reasonably priced device your can find. Moto g3, zenfone 2, k3 note, oneplus x, xiaomi.

Phones are progressing so fast so you wouldn't want to hold on to it for very long.
>>
>>51448359
Just buy the invite.
>>
>>51448359
>>51448373
>>51448384
>>51448406
>>51448440
why buy OPX when OPO is same price or cheaper?
>>
>>51448450

MicroSD slot for music.
>>
>>51448454
64GB on the OPO isn't enough for you? If your music is FLAC you can just encode it down for mobile...
>>
>>51448450
Who buys either? The company is just another chinkphone company but with a terrible warranty replacement record.
>>
>>51448459

I'm not converting half of my TB and a half of music to 320. I don't have 3 weeks of free time.

>>51448468

Don't feel like buying a 600 dollar phone, sorry.
>>
I've got a Z5C coming from a Z3C that got smashed by a forklift. I don't know why but this phone doesn't have half as good battery life as the Z3. Other than that it's pretty ace
>>
>>51448474
There are other cheap phones that stand by their products.
>>
>>51448474
It takes 90 minutes to make a transcode of my 110GB FLAC collection to Vorbis on my old as fuck Phenom II. What CPU are you using? A Pentium 4?
>>
>>51448487

From what I'm reading OnePlus updates their shit all the time. It's just the cables that suck.
>>
>>51448474
Do you really need that much music on the go with you?
>>
>>51448486
Snapdragon 810, that's why.
>>
>>51448497
And they don't stand by warranties on their phones either from what I've read
>>
>>51448498

100 gigs of music or so would be nice.

>>51448493

I've never needed to mass convert my music before so I don't exactly know how to. But taking a portion of my music around in lossless format would be nice.
>>
>>51448517
>I've never needed to mass convert my music before so I don't exactly know how to.

It's easy, use foobar2000

>taking a portion of my music around in lossless format would be nice.

You don't need your music in FLAC on the go. Unless you have $1,000 CIEMs with quad balanced armatures and some mobile amp, you aren't going to differentiate FLAC and a good lossy standard like 128k Vorbis or AAC.
>>
Just bought an Oppo R7 Plus today.
Seems pretty good. It's big.
>>
>>51448450
Because opo is eol.
>>
>>51448578
>what is CAF

OPO won't be EOL for a long time. In fact, if you use the offical OP ROM you're an idiot because it's worse than Sultan ROM.
>>
Anybody here with a z5 can fill me in on their screen on time?
>>
First for s6edge+ is the sexiest phone on market.
Ignore burn-in shills
Report le touchjizz maymay
Ignore muh useless edge screen

Everything has been thought of on this phone, the only real cons of it is the agressive ram management and the difficulty of rooting/flashinh custom roms, but thats soon to change as is with all relatively new phones as soon as the community devs catch on and crack da c0de

>shills will literally deny these facts based on pictures of the phone on google images and youtoob reviewers

Also, delicious battery time even without greenify (although greenify extends it even more)
>>
>>51448712
I just dont see how its worth more $ over the note5.

I personally would use the spen far more than i'd get use from the curved screen. Not to mention it costs less as well.

seems like the note5 is a no brainer.
>>
>>51448712

>buying a glassy fragile af phone

I hope to god you're a woman or you work in an office environment because otherwise you need something practical that can survive the real world. Ie. What LG has been making for 3 years now
>>
>>51448712
>buying a retarded looking edge screen phones
>>
>>51448735
The note series isnt available where im from
>>
>>51448829
Fair enough, in the US or asia however, the S6 Edge + is more expensive, for literally the same thing but no stylus and a curved screen.
>>
>>51448737
Best arguement.
Im not in the need og money, ive tested its durability by dropping it in various angles from various heights on various surfaces

Report: only surface scratches and minor dents on the cornors from the highest drops
> Your arguement is made up, shill
>>
>>51448841
I know, id still go with the edge+ though, i dont know why i would ever use the pen.
I do feel kind of stupid buying this phone only to realize they are already testing the s7 in the u of sa
>>
Is there any reason to get a Nexus 6P or One plus 2 over an LG G4?
>>
>>51448862

>I'm so rich I don't care i dropped tested my phone and if i ever break my mom will just buy me another one

Yeah my argument is the problem here
>>
>rooted phone
>removed factory bloat
>removed gapps walled in botnet
>can't use xposed modules or flash roms because I use a low end chinkwei poorphone no one cares about

Wut do now
>>
>>51448904
>>>>>>>>/b/
>>
>>51446490
Yes. Also Lightning browser is pretty good. Other browsers are pretty bloated
>>
>>51446633
>meme
>>
>>51446759
Boxer Calendar
>>
>>51446490
Very smooth but no extensions. I use Firefox though.
>>
What's the deal with the OPX and the missing bands? I don't know shit about lte technology.
>>
>>51446963
You chose wisely senpai
>>
>>51448450
opx has amoled and microsd which is great for anime and music
>>
>>
I'm looking for an upgrade from my Nexus 4, and I've narrowed it down to these choices:

Nexus 5X
LG G4
Sony Z5C

Any advice?
>>
>>51448474
Please tell us where you find your 500GB microSD senpai. I hope it doesn't cost more than your phone.
>>
What budget phones would /g/ recommend? Looking at Asus Zenphone and stuff right now but can't really decide
>>
>>51449728
Ignore the 5X, for just $70 you can get a 6p, which is vastly superior. Other two options are very solid though.
>>
Is the Motorola Moto X Style the best smartphone under $400 without counting the One+? If not can you recommend me a better alternative?
>>
>>51450011
EU pricing is shit on both Nexus devices.
>>
Looking to upgrade from my Lumia 520.

What's the best phone I can get for $200, maybe $250 - LTE and decent battery life I'd like.
>>
Galaxy S6 or iPhone 6s? My work is letting me choose one, keep in mind they will be vanilla, so no modding
>>
>>51450020

Pretty much.

In the UK the 5X is at the same price point but with arguably worse features. If the pros of things like getting updates from Goog first and a fingerprint scanner are high on your list of priorities, then get the 5X. Otherwise you're good to go.
>>
>>51446352
The Note 4 is what I wanted to get. Not anymore because I don't want to throw 500 bucks on a phone which might get burn in after a while. Just too risky.

I'd rather keep using LCD screen phones, even though they're worse at least I don't have to worry about them getting burn in from using the same apps all the time.
>>
Reminder that Samsung phones have always been superior in every single generation, and this is no exception. The S6 is literally the fastest android phone yet, only to be superseded by the S6edge+ and Note 5. It has tons of features too, like private mode, increased touchscreen sensitivity, real-time kernel protection so niggers can't flash your phone when it's stolen, multi-windows, the most accurate and beautiful screen you can get, and a superb camera which is the best after the Z5 (by an insignificant margin). It also has the fastest i/o and the fastest charging speeds (behind the edge+, which incidentally also has a bigger battery). This is hands down a clear-cut case of technological superiority only available to Samsung flagship users. The Note 5 is by far the best, fastest, most complete smartphone to date in the history of cellphones and mankind.
>>
I really wanted to get a xperia z3 but now that I have a rMBP I'm thinking about an iphone so I have continuity. but i guess I'll loose some of the features android offers
>>
just fucking demoed my nexus 5 screen, what phone should I replace it with?

My carrier only has this limited selection:
https://www.koodomobile.com/phones

But if you wouldn't recommend any of those, I might switch providers.

(Might fix the phone and sell it eventually)
>>
>>51450939

You get the best out of Apple products when you buy in to the entire ecosystem.
>>
The vibration motor in my z1c is fucked, apparently it's a common problem. Probably going to upgrade in the new year, so which is the best compact phone for someone with tiny baby hands?
>>
How quickly do these things become obsolete?
Would a Samsung Galaxy s4 have any trouble running current software?
>>
>>51446352
The Note 5 pretty much blows everything out of the water, but the Note 4 is still a great phone. It would definitely last you a good 2 years easy.

>>51450864
A friend of mine who has a Note 3 has burn-in and it was pretty visible for me since I was actually looking for burn-ins lol. He hadn't noticed though, and I didn't tell him so to not ruin it for him. I have a Note 4 atm and it doesn't have burn-in. It's been a year. Thing is I often rotate the screen and pull down the notification bar etc. specifically to make those pixels at the top work a bit and avoid burn-in. It's not really a problem if you know how to use it properly. Definitely worth the slight hassle to get one of the most accurate screens on the market, which are definitely more accurate and beautiful than LCD screens.
>>
>>51451022

Z5C.
>>
>>51451027
If you have playing the most-recent and 3d-intensive games in mind, probably not if you play your cards right (e.g. force gpu-rendering, tweak some prop files for maximum performance, etc.)

If you don't game, then it'll pretty much last you a couple of years without trouble. The hardware is solid. Even when it's a year old, it can still compete with the latest smartphones like say the G4 and beats cheaper flagships like the zenfone 2.
>>
How's Nexus 5 ? Wanna buy one, being the poorfag I am.
>>
>>51451098
Shitty battery. Look into some chink phones or the ZF2. They have shitty cameras though. But if you don't really mind the battery/carrying a charger/power bank then it's pretty good.
>>
Will europe ever get some love?
>no note 5
>overprized nexus 6p

Had to buy the g4... It's really nice, but it's nothing that blows my mind
I mean it's enough for my needs, I'm happy about it, but I imagine having the 6p would make me even happier
But I have to admit 350€ is a really good price for g4
>>
File: kplEWEY.jpg (293 KB, 1200x867) Image search: [Google]
kplEWEY.jpg
293 KB, 1200x867
Are huawei phones any good?
I currently have a ~600€ budget.
I'd rather not get any botnet.
And i must have an android for my job.
>>
>>51451191
>no botnet
>must be android
Whoa slow down. Just get any stupid phone where you can put Cyanogen Mod on, then use f-droid for botnet free apps. Check phone compatibility before buying.
>>
>>51451215
I know that sounds contradictory but i must limit everything the eternal jew is trying to do.
>>
Got the OnePlus 2, did I do good?
>>
UKfag here, what's the best phone I can get for £200?
>>
>>51448185
Oneplus X for sure, ignore the children with the "chink" meme. I have the phone and so far it's fucking great, the screen is just purely amazing, performance is smooth and snappy.
Only complaints is the average battery and low light camera performance.
>>
>>51450922
Go shill on another forum, Samsung is shit filed with useless bloatware with slowing the phone as its only porpose
>>
>>51451333
You must be at least 18 to post on this site, kid.
>>
>>51448712
>First for s6edge+ is the sexiest phone on market.
Stopped reading after that.
>>
>>51451392
You sure showed me, nice meme. Now go back to /b/
>>
File: white.jpg (75 KB, 484x757) Image search: [Google]
white.jpg
75 KB, 484x757
The Nexus 6P is the best phone on the market.
>>
Will a case made for Moto G 2nd Gen be compatible with a Moto G 3rd Gen?
>>
>>51451857
Moto G3 vs Moto G2
142.1 x 72.4 x 11.6 mm 141.5 x 70.7 x 11 mm
I don't think so
>>
>>51448117
>>51448129
>implying TheAngelofmusic1989 is anywhere near as good as PocketNow, AA, or MKBHD
>>
File: 1417366072865.jpg (25 KB, 255x207) Image search: [Google]
1417366072865.jpg
25 KB, 255x207
So I mentioned at work that I was gonna buy a Moto G for black friday (I don't have a phone at all) and my boss said that he would give me a Galaxy S3 for free. Should I do it?
>>
>>51452716

Take the S3, sell it and buy a better phone than you were going to.

Unless it's a specified work phone, keep the one the boss gives you.
>>
>>51452767
I just work at a sandwich place so it's not a work phone. He told me he had a couple other phones just sitting at his place, including an >iPhone.
So I just take his phones, sell them, and then get a nice phone?
>>
Best phone for $350 and under?
>>
Some reviewers say that budget LG phones, namely the Spirit and the G4c aka Magna, have screens with terrible colors. Like, so bad it's distracting. Can /spg/ confirm?
>>
I really hope the splash test for moto /g/ 2nd gen and other moto phones goes well. I can have marshmallow by early december.
>>
>>51452795

Obviously consider how he would react etc., think of an excuse.

But within reason, it should be ok to get a better phone - just ensure he is truly 'giving' it to you.

So you were looking for a Moto G before which is about $180ish outside of BF deals.

Add the S3 sale price onto it, you can get yourself a better phone.
>>
>>51450694
6s
>>
What does /g/ think of the Maxx 2?

All the reviews say
>Just like the Moto X Pure, but with verizon bloat.

But nobody mentions
>Lenovo
>>
File: Honk Honk.png (50 KB, 209x193) Image search: [Google]
Honk Honk.png
50 KB, 209x193
Suggest me something:
>Europe
>€350 budget
The OPO seems interesting. Even though a Moto G 2015 would be enough for me, i'd prefer something that won't lag later on or anything.
>>
>>51450694
6s
>>
>>51448296
cm12.1
>>
>>51453134
Where the fuck do you live? In The Netherlands a Moto G 2015 costs around €250. I would get a Moto X Play
>>
>>51453092
Literally no reason to get the Maxx 2. Its just a Verizon bloated version of the moto X play.
You could easily buy the Pure which is faster, better screen, stereo speakers, unlocked, etc and use it on Verizon or you could get the Turbo 2 which has crazy durability, an amoled display, and even better battery life.
>>
>>51452808
Budget smartphones do indeed have distractingly bad displays. My dad bought some sub $100 phone and the viewing angles were so bad that there was a noticeable difference in the angle from eye to eye, and the colors and white point were so bad I got a headache from using it for more than 10 minutes and my white walls looked blood red after starting at the screen.
If you just want something for some basic stuff they're okay but I would never want to watch videos or anything on them.
>>
>tfw 6S isn't the perfect size of 5 inches
feels bad man
>>
File: 1443387537031.jpg (57 KB, 452x402) Image search: [Google]
1443387537031.jpg
57 KB, 452x402
Well boys, I'm finally due for an upgrade. I've loved my Note 3 for the few years I've had it. So, what should I get? Note 4 since it still has the removable battery?
>>
File: sadface 2.jpg (91 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
sadface 2.jpg
91 KB, 360x360
>tfw fell for samsung hype machine
>bought galaxy s6 day 1
>6 months later finger print reader is fucked
>OIS sensor is shit, makes loud ass grinding noise
>tiny almost microscopic scratch on silver lining around lens prevents warranty exchange
>phone occasionally hangs for several seconds, despite supposed improvements in touchshit and the badass cpu

I hate this phone.

I didn't even get the edge either, so I can't even say I'm sexy with it. It's pretty but the edge would've at least been worth it for the asethetics
>>
Add fucking FlossyCarter to the BASED reviewers right fucking now
>>
>>51454650
>since it still has the removable battery
quick question.

When was the last time you legit NEEDED to swap your battery as opposed to just plugging it in to charge for a bit?

Genuinely curious as I skipped the note4 and got the Note5 because I never used a removable battery when I had one, and never used mSD cards either.
>>
What would the best phone for a budget of £100-£300

Preferably 4G.

I would also like to be able to customize it quite a bit.
>>
>>51446658
Do you eat shit our of your own hands my friend?
>>
>>51454655
Those are all uncommon problems, its very unlikely you would suffer from all of them, but hey, if its true, sucks for you. I have had my S6 since about a month after launch and never had any issues with it.
>>
>>51448712
You got 5 replies.
You are a /g/ certified troll

Congratulations!
>>
File: htc-one-m8.jpg (81 KB, 1280x650) Image search: [Google]
htc-one-m8.jpg
81 KB, 1280x650
I can get a refurbished (open-box) HTC One M8 for cheap. It is worth it? How are the overheating issues with Android 5.0 on?
>>
File: oled-mod.png (6 KB, 569x396) Image search: [Google]
oled-mod.png
6 KB, 569x396
>>51448712
The AMOLED display on the Edge+ flickers at 240 Hz like a cheap LED-backlit monitor from 2011. At lower brightness it's very much visible to the naked eye.
>>
>>51446304
I have the note 5, loving it so far.

Only problem is the glass/plastic on the back. Absolute magnet for hand oil. Hopefully a dbrand skin will save me.
>>
>>51454699
His real reviews are nice, but they're like an hour long.
>>51454708
I agree about the removable battery part, but mSD come in handy.
>>51454721
Third Gen Moto G since your budget is pretty tight
>>
>>51454708
For me I had a second battery and battery charger. Being able to swap em in and out was awesome.
>>
>>51454650
Yes. Slap on a zerolemon and you're good. Wait no, zerolemon fucking sucks. The case is shitty as fuck and the battery budges slightly every time you drop it or even place it on the desk or bang it very gently on the table or something like that so the phone restarts or you have to manually turn it on via the power button. Fucking horrible. The battery life is great though.
>>
>>51454990
>I agree about the removable battery part, but mSD come in handy.
Yeah i wont argue with that, certain people love their mSD cards and cant go without. I personally avoided them after my first one died after 5 months of use. My next 3 phones after that have all not had mSD cards, so it really doesn't effect me at all, i've learned to live without them.

>>51455014
Oh no, I am not saying it's not USEFUL or anything, because obviously being able to fast swap a battery is better than charging it. BUT was it really an essential feature? Back when I had a phone with a removable battery I had a 2nd battery and a battery charger so I could fast swap when I wanted to. And sure I did it sometimes, but really it ended up being only once a week at most.

And with modern battery life? I cant imagine needing it these days, my note5 battery lasts me 1.5-2 days on a charge, and it can charge from 0-100% in ~83 minutes.
>>
>>51455043
For me it was cheaper to buy a huge fuck battery that I could use to charge multiple devices or even future phones versus buying an extra battery for my S4.
>>
>>51455065
Yeah i have a 10000mAh battery pack that I keep in my backpack. I rarely end up using it though, my note5 battery lasts more than long enough on it's own.
>>
>>51455085
I only use mine if I'm at a shit airport, out all day long on the town and not in the car a lot, or on a roadtrip in my parent's van when I'm out to visit them.
>>
>>51455043
Fair point. It definetly wasn't a defining feature when I bought it, however it was a very welcome benefit. If the Note 5 holds a charge that well I might just get that.
>>
>>51455101
I am not a power user, but it should readily get you a full day of battery life for anyone but the heaviest of power users. And even then with it's fast charging capabilities. a 20-30 minute stint connected to the charger nets 30%+ battery life.

That and the note5 works with the new GearVR which just launched.

Can't wait to jerk off to some VR chinese cartoons. My body is ready.
>>
>>51455129
My gripe against the Note 5 is that there are many phones that are a far better value, like the Pure and the Nexus 6P.

I bought into the Nexus 6P meme that it's a bendy phone, but honestly, I've yet to find an instance of it bending that wasn't some fag putting it in super tight jeans or some idiot forcing it into a case.

I just refuse to buy phones that are a poor value or are unrootable.
>>
>>51455176
>phones that are a far better value
i dont know, it brings a premium because it is the only phone with a digitizer, it is using the most powerful SoC of 2015, it uses USF 2.0 internal storage, it uses LPDDR4 RAM, etc etc.

So yeah, it's expensive, but it is by a fairly large margin the best android phablet you can buy.

The LG V10 had a chance, but its lackluster SoC and lack of digitizer kill it in my mind.

Also, the Note5 can be found for $100-150 cheaper than when it launched, so it's not $800+ anymore.
>>
anyone LG V10?

does your fingerprint reader suck?

is that a matter of hardware or software?
>>
>>51455209
Might as well just pay 300-350 dollars for a Note 4 honestly. Better bang for the buck.
>>
>>51455209
I agree that it is the best, but it isn't so amazing that it's worth hundreds of dollars more.

If I can't root it, fuck it. It's unbuyable. Rooting and unlocked bootloaders can make a phone stretch far longer, and Samsung has basically made that impossible on any phones released lately that are of flagship value.

Samsung's phones are great for those strange power users that don't care about having true control of your device. They are for people who hate Apple, but want basically an iPhone that's not totally handicapped.
>>
>>51448958
>browser executes processes to work with other such infected machines to do distributed tasks as one network of zombie machines

Really? And how, exactly, has Google been getting away with this and it not be all over the place?
>>
>>51455245
If you are paying full price sure, best buy has the note5 for like $500 on contract.

>>51455256
>If I can't root it, fuck it.
i guess, but rooting hasn't really been needed in years, most of the shit I was rooting my android phone back in high school for are now just standard features of android.

Also, who makes a flagship that is on par or even close to the note5 in power that is unlocked bootloader and rootable?
>>
About to pull the trigger on a nexus 6P lads, should i?
>>
>>51455313
I agree, I haven't needed to root my phone since I use nova launcher for almost everything.

The only thing I might need root for is tor browser, but I don't use my main cell for encrypted comms.
>>
File: Screenshot_20151121-122218.png (139 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20151121-122218.png
139 KB, 1440x2560
>>51455334
I really like mine, no complaints
>>
>>51455313
>>51455343

I just refuse to give up control of my device, I suppose. I don't want to spend hundreds on a device that if something changes, I can't do shit about it.

Also, if support for the phone disappears, I want to be able to update it using ROMs.
>>
>>51455354
In theory I suppose I agree, in practice however I doubt you will ever end up going there.
>>
I'm able to upgrade now, what phone will be futureproof for 2 years?
>>
>>51455351
Nice huehuewai
>>
>>51455382
Any flagship

or

Any mid level with unlocked bootloader
>>
Are there any good reasons to root my zenfone 2?

Never had an android before so don't know if it's needed to do that at all the get the best out of it.
>>
>>51455367
If you own a phone that's not flagship, you absolutely want it - or if you want to use that powerful flagship for more than 3 years.
>>
File: huehuexus.jpg (42 KB, 576x768) Image search: [Google]
huehuexus.jpg
42 KB, 576x768
>>51455351
Thanks for supporting quality Chinese phone you American friend, We Chinese on Huawei very compromited making your android experience very good.
>>
Looking for a phone, $350 max - no larger than 5".

Suggestions?
>>
>>51453856
The Moto X Play has a SD615, 2gb ram and costs €320. Compared to the OnePlus One for the same price it's not worth it
>>
>>51455647
God you are one of those OPO memers.
Just go and shoot yourself
>>
>>51455661
Is it not a good phone?
>>
>>51455661
Lmao, my brother owns one and it's been fine for a whole year so far
>>
>>51455673
Sure, for a year ago.
>>
Moto G 3 or Moto X?
>>
>>51455549
Buy whatever Nexus is cheap near you.
>>
>>51455737
zenfone 2
>>
Is dual SIM a gimmick?
>>
File: 1445381586048.jpg (89 KB, 650x1053) Image search: [Google]
1445381586048.jpg
89 KB, 650x1053
Is this legit? https://www.search4roots.com/how-to-root-lg-g4/
>>
>>51455743
haha look at the poorChinese fag and laugh.
>>
>>51455762
Not if you legitimately use two sims
>>
>>51455852
Is that ever worth it if you don't travel a lot?
>>
File: 2015-11-12 21.31.13.png (248 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-12 21.31.13.png
248 KB, 1080x1920
I'm having some major issues with the internal storage on my HTC One m7

It's running android 4.4.4, and for some reason it keeps wasting mobile data on nothing. I have a permanent "Couldn't download system update, not enough storage available" notification, so I suspect it's repeatedly trying to download the same update. I have about 7GB free.

I tried flashing the GPe android 5.1 rom, and it works fine except the emulated sdcard is linked to the wrong location on internal storage, so no app can access the files or add new ones.

Is there a way to stop android system from using data at all, or a way to fix the file system so it links to the correct location?
>>
>>51455848
Screams fake. Go check XDA if you want info on a legitimate root.
>>
>>51446304

Hi /g/

I have a quick question about my nokia lumia 800

I dropped it 10 minutes ago, it looked fine.
It landed flat on the back on bricks, and now i had to take the battery out because the screen got scolding hot and black spots started to apear.

Is the phone doomed now?
or what could i do to fix this?
>>
>>51455902
It can be

My therapist uses two sims, one for work, one for personal.

When she's off the clock she silences her work sim
>>
Moto 3G or Xperia?
>>
>>51455935

You have an app spying on your shit yo
>>
>>51456085
>My therapist
>>
>>51455902
Drug dealers
>>
>>51456113
>HURR THERAPY IS BAD FOR YOU

Machismo bullshit needs to hurry up and die.
>>
I'm going with the LG V10. I'm just waiting on a promo. I hope they do that free microsd and charger thing again soon.
>>
>>51456143
u ok? I find weak people qt
>>
>>51456162
Are you in the US? Best Buy was even giving away 24" 720p TVs with them a few weeks ago
>>
>>51456112
Aw shiieet. Must be made by immigrants since it's so obvious
>>
>>51456185
Yeah i'm in the US. Don't need a tv, it'd be pretty sweet if I got a free microsd and battery though. T-mobile is doing a tablet promo right now, hopefully they change that.
>>
>>51456219
sell the tv genious? pretty sure you can get enough money for a sd
>>
>>51456236
Wouldn't want the hassle. I'm in New York City, I'd get all sorts of weirdos responding on craigslist. I hate dealing with them.
>>
>>51456259
eBay is generally better.
>>
>>51456280
Yep, but then I'd have to ship a TV and give Ebay its cut.
>>
>>51456298
Fair enough.
>>
>Went to phone store to look at what they have
>Bitch keeps trying to sell me "the latest and greatest" despite me constantly saying that I really don't want or need some giant ass phone, and am fine with buying a model that is older
>Keeps talking to me about hotspot data, when I'm just asking about regular goddamn data.

Jesus Christ, this is why I gave up on owning a cellphone 5 years ago. I know more about these goddamn sales people, and I don't even own a smartphone. I don't care about hotspots, or looking nigger rich by having an $800 phone that will be obsolete in 6 months.

What's a good phone that is within the past two years, and have a replaceable battery and expandable storage?
>>
>>51456358
Note 3
Note 4
Galaxy S4
>>
>>51456358
>this is why I gave up on owning a cellphone 5 years ago
Obnoxious salespeople are why you gave up owning a cellphone?
>>
>>51454708
Last month, since my old battery was starting to go, and I see no point in buying a new phone.
>>
>>51446304

just got a glaxay 6 after giving up keeping my stratosphere alive.

what apps ami being an idiot not getting.
>>
>>51456519
A spellchecker.
>>
>>51456489
you can replace the battery in nonremovable battery phones, you just can't fast swap them.
>>
>>51456528

it actually does that pretty well tbhfam.

but i'm typing on a desktop and give no fugs.

I am enjoying the games though, holy shit deer hunter 2016 is pretty.
>>
>>51456423

Feeling forced into buying shit I don't need is why I gave it up. I spend maybe 3 months a year in the US, and the rest of the time is either in Antarctica, or traveling. I don't even particularly want to own anything other than my 515, but it's a hassle when I need to use a gps, or something like that, and can't do that on my Nokia.

I feel like there's no real middle ground between getting a burner phone, and having some overpriced toy that is going to catch fire in my pocket. When I try to explain to the sales girl that I don't care about hotspots, or having 5 trillion megapixel cameras for sexting, or wanting a phone that is the size of a small tablet, it's like they can't comprehend that there's a 30 year old out there who isn't willing to waste $500 a year on this shit.

I know I'm considered an outlier, but if I go into a store and say "Hey, what do you have that is maybe last year's model", I shouldn't get "Oh, you don't want that. It's .05% slower than this newer model that I am going to spend 45 minutes pushing on you"
>>
>>51456658
>Antarctica
Whoa.
>>
Nexus 5X vs LG G3 vs Moto X Play
$499 vs $410 vs $410 (Canada)

Any opinions? I'm sorta leaning towards the G3.
Good camera, screen, and a good/sturdy build are priorities.
>>
>>51456994

LG g3 you won't regret it m8
>>
>>51456994
Got a Moto Play this week, the 128gb sd it's a plus. One of the best battery life out there.
>>
yo guys, i wanna make my new microsd the default home directory, so that all the new app i install get saved on the sd

how do i do that? i tried some file managers to change the default home directory but none of them have that feature, i use a moto g3
>>
Stop shilling LG G/3/4 garbage. The skins are way too heavy. They're fucking shit.
>>
>>51457066
this is fucking retarded im pissed
>>
>>51456994
If you're with Koodo, you can pick up a G3 at Walmart for $0 upfront on a $360 tab plus you get a $150 Walmart gift card.
>>
my nexus 5 battery is just getting too bad for me

what's the best cheapphone in terms of battery life?
>>
>>51455743
Bloatfone 2, ftfy
>>
Has anyone gotten updates for the att note 4? I'm running niggerpcs on it right now.
>>
>>51457587
Moto G
>>
>>51457685
I have an invite to a oneplus x
Does the G have the bands that the oneplus is missing?
>>
>>51457706
yes. The opx is shit. Stay away from it.
>>
>>51457718
k thanks bud
>>
A Moto G would probably be enough for my use but i'm looking to buy a phone up to €300. What can i find?
>>
>>51458000
at that price point, most phones will be only marginally better than a cheapphone. Unless you're okay with getting a used flagship from last year
>>
>>51455367
Tell that to Note 3 users.
>>
>>51457393
How exactly does this work? Is there a site for it or something?interested
>>
File: image.jpg (173 KB, 1680x1120) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
173 KB, 1680x1120
is it still worth buying z3c? I don't want z5c because it has worse battery life and is overheating.
>>
Why isn't the LG G Flex 2 often recommended? It seems like a nice phone
>>
>1080p
>at least 2gb ram
>good battery
>at least 16gb storage or microsd slot
Anything?
>>
>>51458027
But a 801 against a 401..
>>
>>51458065
probably because its curvy and many people don't like it
>>
>>51458207
you will never notice the difference unless you plan on playing games on your phone (other than emulators) and I certainly hope you don't.

The Priv has an 808 and still lags. It's the software, not the hardware
>>
>>51458232
It makes sense. Well I used to play some light games on the Moto E and it did good but if I want to play I turn on my PC.
Okay then i need to decide what to get..
>>
>>51458106
moto x play?
>>
>>51454721

LG G4 £269.99 smartfonestore
>>
>>51458498
€325
I like it but at this price point isn't the OnePlus One better?
>>
>>51458106
Z5/Z5P
>>
>>51458530
Way out of my budget. I should've said it, under 300
>>
is there any fucking phone that has a <5 inch screen besides z5c. I want those steroids people eat so I can be big enough for phablets
>>
Is Zen UI any good or should i install any rom if I get a ZE551ML?
>>
what midrange phone?
>>
Any way to flash or mod a Samsung 4 active to have no tracking
>>
>>51458624
The Galaxy S3 Neo, I suppose.
>>
Anyone here have an Xperia Z? Not the Z1, just the original Z.
What software do you use? And how is it?
>>
Any phones worth buying in 150-200 range?
>>
>>51459392
Moto G
>>
>>51458106
>16 gb micro-sd

Even low-end devices have capacity for 32 gbs
You fucked up
>>
When will the LG G4 get a stock marshmallow rom.

LG Ui is the only thing keeping me from buying it.
>>
Does Nova Launcher replace the Notifications window too?
>>
>>51459844
no, afaik
>>
>>51459759
you can install nova or google launcher and get rid of this UI. There's no need to flash another ROM.
>>
What's the best phone under €350 that i can root?
>>
Budgetphone

Oneplus X or Moto G 3rd Gen?
>>
I was considering a S6 but the meh battery was a deal breaker. What saddens me most is that S6 Active, which rectifies the battery somewhat and adds more durability, are only sold in the states. Importing costs a ton and I'm not sure if I get the right frequencies for europe.

Shit would have been perfect. I work with smartphone repair so "non-replaceable battery" isn't an issue for me.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.