[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what does windows 10 actually see you doing? Anyone here
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Tech-Preview_Virtual-desktop.png (2 MB, 2846x1600) Image search: [Google]
Tech-Preview_Virtual-desktop.png
2 MB, 2846x1600
So what does windows 10 actually see you doing?

Anyone here not run windows 10 because of privacy issues. Many of the settings can be turned off but many still see the new windows as microsoft syping on them. How much can they actually see?
>>
>How much can they actually see?
As much as they want.
>>
>>51445961
Isn't the same with windows 7? All this ruckus about windows 10 when i would imagine they can see the same shit with people running windows 7.
>>
I'm still on 7, don't see the big hype around 10

>uber botnet
>>
>he doesn't know they still gather information. after toggling some settings

I got nothing to hide as well :^)
>>
>>51445976
It's the same with literally every OS ever, even if your OS doesn't see what you do, your ISP does.
>>
So the question is... Upgrade to windows 10 or stay with 7.
>>
>>51446034
They are the same thing but with different UI.
>>
>>51445932
Once again, the tech preview looks better than the finished product. Just look at those tray icons, especially the magnifying glass and desktop switcher
>>
>>51445961
Replace want with can*

Windows 10 as an OS is very persistent in collecting data and telemetry. It will hammer down your firewall with connection requests through programs in ways you would normally identify with Malware, and when these requests are denied it will attempt to connect to various websites and IPv4/IPv6 addresses through different programs. You gotta either deny them all or turn off your internet connection to stop the collection from happening.

Even if you pick the former method, they'll eventually find a way to bypass the settings as they own the software. It is especially Malware-esque.

Also, I run it.

>>51445976

Windows 7 now has the seeds to force-upgrade to Windows 10, but it isn't as bad if these are disabled, and it doesn't collect as much information.

>>51446034
>>51446078

They are not the same thing but with a different UI. Windows 10 is more optimized (faster startup time, 20% less power consumption on modern CPUs) but collects data like crazy, Windows 7 is bogged down in some respects but is the modern XP. Windows 10 is not the modern 7.
>>
>>51446002
maybe with what goes in and out of your network connection, but not your daily activities/usage habits with the OS itself
>>
Does anyone at windows really give a shit that you have a foot fetish ?
Most of this stuff that they 'spy' seems pretty mundane or they have legit reasons for it.
>>
>>51446724
nice try Pajeet
>>
When you go to shower, windows 10 is going to be there.
When you watch television, windows 10 is going to be there.
Even in your dreams, windows 10 is going to be there.
>>
>>51446825
really are are the alternatives ?

sure there is Linux, but most people don't want to turn everything upside down for that shit.

All future versions of windows will have this 'spying' built in.

You can either

1)use linux
2) stay on an old version of windows that will get less and less support
3) use a mac
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.