[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would you do if you were in my position? Built new computer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6
File: Windows-10-HD-wallpapers.jpg (152 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Windows-10-HD-wallpapers.jpg
152 KB, 1920x1080
What would you do if you were in my position?

Built new computer so i needed to install windows. Got a copy from kickass but it didn't run smooth. Comments suggested it was clean, others suggested it had viruses and others suggested it was only the crack that showed up as virus but it wasn't. Either way i uninstalled it to not take any risk.

Installed new windows from dell reinstall copy but it is only active for 3 days then it goes to non genuine.

So my options are, Ubuntu, run this non genuine windows, or go buy new windows from store where i know it wont have any malware.

I usually just use this computer for internet browsing and occasional gaming and homework/school work.
>>
>>51444952
Just get a better torrent. Your best bet is pirating windows 7, using Windows loader to activate, then getting genuine windows 10 for free from Microsoft.
>>
>>51444952
If your games run on Linux, then just go with a good Linux distro. Sounds like your use cases will work fine on Linux.
>>
>>51444952

does the mobo use uefi or bios?

with bios you can just use windows 7 pro + daz... uprade to legit windows 10, then do a clean legit win 10 install
>>
>>51444952
Just get W7. 10 isn't much of an improvement (if at all) anyway.
>>
>>51444952

>downloading random torrents

get an msdn iso here (make an account with a throwaway e-mail): http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/57077-Paul-s-quot-X-quot-files

then verify here:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/downloads/hh442898.aspx#searchTerm=&ProductFamilyId=625&Languages=en&PageSize=10&PageIndex=0&FileId=0
>>
>>51444975
https://kat.cr/windows-7-all-in-one-pre-activated-excellent-t7661549.html

I used. Already preactivated. Even if it has malware on it and i get the free windows 10 from microsoft will it wipe the old windows completely and leave no malware behind?
>>
>>51444952
>install linux
>apply for jobs on the internet
>get hired
>go to work
>get paid
>buy windows
It can be hard, but I know you can do it, OP
>>
>>51444952
>Got a copy from kickass
Are you retarded? You can use the media creation tool to download the iso straight from microsoft, you retard.
>>
File: Dancing Tomato.webm (2 MB, 620x548) Image search: [Google]
Dancing Tomato.webm
2 MB, 620x548
>>51444975
I'm not OP but when you update to Windows 10 do they issue you a new, valid license? I was thinking of buying a gray-market key for $15 and using that to upgrade to 10 but if it's just going to get deactivated after 6 months I'll pony up the money for a retail copy.

I don't pirate Windows for many reasons.
>>
>>51445069
this
>>
>>51445069
Tried that just now but it says my copy of windows isn't activated...
>>
>>51445076

yes they tie your hardware to a license.. but you must upgrade first (with an activated 7 or 8), then do a clean install
>>
>>51445090
Yes, you still need to activate it somehow. But at least you're not downloadng a virus-infested torrent uploaded by god knows who.
>>
>>51445031
How does this work?
>>
>>51445109

use the magnet links to download the iso you want then verify the sha1 values at the msdn website to confirm that it is a genuine iso
>>
>>51445106
Still need to get an activator though... from a torrent site that god knows who uploaded....How else could i activate it.
>>
>>51445090
>>51445129
http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/28669-Microsoft-Toolkit-Official-KMS-Solution-for-Microsoft-Products

make sure you use a volume licence iso to install or you enter a kms client key during setup if you have the retail/oem iso
>>
>>51445129
Here enters your research to find a proper activator first. After you know that, you can get it from other more reliable sources, rather than from torrent.
Back in the day, last time I pirated 7, we could download RemoveWAT from a bunch of different reliable sites.
>>
buncha newfags itt

dl this torrent:

http://mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/X17-59186.iso.torrent

install it.. then run daz to activate it.. then use the windows 10 tool to force an upgrade to win 10.. once you've upgraded you can do a clean install using the latest win 10 iso:

found in this post: >>51445031
>>
>>51445122
>>51445146

And these ISO's are legit windows copies uploaded by people? Or where do these come from.
>>
>>51445161
>people in thread talking about safer methods of getting it done other than torrent

>"those are newfags, just go here and download this torrent"

Fuck you, newfag.
>>
>>51444952
jesus christ op, getting a legit version of windows 7 is the easiest shit in the world, then you just have to upgrade, I wont even post a lmgtfy, you're literally too dumb to deserve anything, I honestly hope this is bait.
>>
>>51445214
Legit copy from where.... If i could get a legit copy of windows 7 i wouldn't even upgrade to 10. Windows 7 is perfectly fine for me without all the extra security shit windows 10 has.
>>
File: 3232.png (60 KB, 705x711) Image search: [Google]
3232.png
60 KB, 705x711
>>51445186

because torrents are the only place you can download legit iso

heres the latest Win 10 Pro 64bit according to Microsoft

you can download it via this magnet:
>>
>>51445186

do realize you can verify the sha1 checksums of those iso's?
>>
File: 1442336718593.gif (922 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1442336718593.gif
922 KB, 500x281
>>51445095
The thing is the keys from these second-hand sellers are often stolen or otherwise illegitimate and have a tendency to get shut down once M$ catches up to you. I'm wondering if upgrading to Win10 overrides the tainted activation key with a new, legitimate one that has no chance of ever getting deactivated.

I apologize if I'm not being clear.
>>
File: rwewer.png (36 KB, 707x494) Image search: [Google]
rwewer.png
36 KB, 707x494
>>51445243

and here's windows 7 pro

you have the file names and hashes, torrent links, method to activate

thread is done
>>
>>51445169

they come from the MSDN which distributes microsoft software. these people have paid for subscriptions (which aren't cheap) and have uploaded the iso's for others to download. you can be sure that they have not been tampered with and are genuine because the MSDN lists the sha1 values for each download which you can then compare to the iso you downloaded
>>
>>51445296
Why can i not download from the microsoft site where your picture is from and have to download from a torrent?
>>
is windows 10 any good?
>>
>>51445316

because you have to pay for MSDN and torrents are free.
>>
>>51445308
Can this sha1 values not be tampered with? What if someone downloads the iso and tampers with it. Does that change the sha1 value or how does that work?
>>
>>51445316
because you need a MSDN subscription

https://www.visualstudio.com/products/how-to-buy-vs
>>
>>51445238

god fucking damn it op, you're too dumb for this planet, im surprised you can even find the post button and correctly answer the captcha yet you can't even look up how to get a w7 iso and legitimize its install, just please go outside and do manual work no wait dont you will probably kill yourself or others with shoddy third world quality labour
>>
>>51445243
>torrents are the only place you can download legit iso
You can download them with microsoft's own media creation tool, you fucking idiot.

>>51445266
Or you can use the media creation tool and not even need to check them.
>>
>>51445354

media creation tool creates a unique iso with a unique checksum... nah, i'd rather just get the one from msdn
>>
>>51445308
So all the ISO copies are genunie windows but are they activated and stay active for everyone who installed the iso?
>>
>>51445332

it would be very difficult to fake a sha1 value as it is a computation of the file contents, not an attribute that is tied to the iso
>>
>>51445425
oh ok. Thanks for the help ill send some good karma your way :)
>>
run windows under the assumption that you're compromised or run linux. it's fairly usable now. i recommend mint cinnamon over ubuntu btw.
>>
>>51445402
no, you would still need a valid key or a volume licence to activate windows. msdn subscribers are allowed to generate their own keys for the products they download. you would need to use an activator such as >>51445146 to activate windows
>>
>>51444952
>Got a copy from kickass but it didn't run smooth.
Either it wasn't clean or you were a moron and didn't install the correct drivers for your hardware. Or you partitioned your drive stupid (like, a 4K sector drive with partitions not aligned to 8 sector boundaries).

MD5 sum your iso file and google the sum. You should find plenty of results identifying it as a clean MSDN source, retail disc, or similar.

>Installed new windows from dell reinstall copy but it is only active for 3 days then it goes to non genuine.

7? Download Daz Loader from the My Digital Life forums. Free registration is required to download, but you can use a throwaway email like mailinator, and your download won't be full of viruses like you'd get from shitty turd party sites repackaging it.

8/8.1/10? Download Microsoft Toolkit and use its EZ-Activator button. Same deal, get it from My Digitial Life forums, not shitsites.

>I usually just use this computer for internet browsing and occasional gaming and homework/school work.
You might try out some flavor of Ubuntu or Linux Mint then.
>>
I always hear about this Daz Loader as being the "most elegant" solution for activating Windows 7, what exactly makes it the most elegant solution? What does it do exactly?

Also, why was RemoveWAT considered deprecated? I've used it quite recently to activate 7 SP1, and it still works fine even after updating. What's wrong with it?
>>
File: 1444125434423.jpg (71 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1444125434423.jpg
71 KB, 1280x720
>>51445274
Anyone?
>>
>>51445843
Official statement is that upgrading from illegitimate Win7 will not make your Win10 legit. It may work, but they also may make something that detects it and stops it.
>>
>>51444952
>What would you do if you were in my position?

Buy Windows 8.1 Pro from a store, install it, and then upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free without any issues.
>>
>>51445022
One major improvement, the OS is small as fuck, performs more efficiently, and its got better driver detection, from my personal experience.
>>
>>51445815
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BIOS#Identification

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_Locked_Pre-installation

these explain how Daz Loader works

as for RemoveWat, my understanding is that it hacks away at system files in a poor attempt to disable WAT. this usually results in issues and windows eventually failing genuine checks from microsoft
>>
>>51445874
Thanks anon.
>>
is there any reason not to get windows 10? i remember reading that is wasnt gonna be worth it for people who dont buy their software
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.