[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I finally managed to replace the orange ODD cable on my PS2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: ps2_slim_power_button.jpg (1 MB, 2572x2180) Image search: [Google]
ps2_slim_power_button.jpg
1 MB, 2572x2180
So I finally managed to replace the orange ODD cable on my PS2 slim after damaging like an idiot while cleaning it and noticed that I also managed to fuck up the power button/board as well. I really don't won't to have to order a plastic cover so I was wondering if anyone on here knew how to power on/reset the PS2 on this power board? I also included the stupid plastic button that broke off as reference for where the button might go.
>>
>>51444587
google tells me it should work if you bridge those 4 contacts for a second or so. shorter for reset.
>>
>>51445006
That right? What do you think I should bridge them with? I can't really shove the plastic button in there without cutting it up first. Is there like a household item that could do the trick?
>>
>>51445142
a flat piece of conductive metal should work
>>
>>51445166
Thanks for the advice, hoss. I'll see what I can find and try it out.
>>
>>51445166
Would a copper wire do the job?
>>
>>51445371
sure, if it touches all 4 contacts
>>
>>51445384
Scratch that, what would you recommend I get? I can go to both a hardware store (Home depot, Lowes, etc.) or a local component store (Altex is what's local to me). I'd say the dimensions between the 4 contacts is about 3x5 mm if that helps.
>>
>>51445482
Not thst anon. You can use a screwdriver to short it and see if it will boot. I would just solder it back together
>>
>>51445482
no idea, i'm not really good with this kind of stuff
some kind of button with 4 contacts i guess. just test if it actually works before you buy and install anything.

this might help:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEyvLjVkNzg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bfk3Ke82ps0
>>
File: 5 hour nope.jpg (48 KB, 986x839) Image search: [Google]
5 hour nope.jpg
48 KB, 986x839
>>51445509
Screwdriver did the trick. Not sure if I can solder the plastic on though, I think I might've lost whatever conductor was attached to it after dismantling it.
>>51445525
Ah, aight then. Also,
>mfw that one nigga let the board touch the carpet
>>
lmao JUST found the damn conductor after I set everything up. Thanks for the help guys, in the case I actually DO lose this tiny shit, I'll know what to do :^)
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.