[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ubuntu on HP laptop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1325053913675.jpg (28 KB, 300x375) Image search: [Google]
1325053913675.jpg
28 KB, 300x375
tl;dr

Got a HP laptop with windows 10 and I want to install ubuntu on it. The problem is Im not able to do it.
Anybody knows whats the problem? The USB is not even an option for the booting.
>>
>>51443204
UEFI or bios?
Laptop model.
>>
>>51443300
HP Portable / 14-W008LA / AMD E1-2100

UEFI
>>
>>51443321
>HP Portable / 14-W008LA
Have you tried booting Linux from the EFI shell?
>>
Also Read this.
http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04446151
>>
HP® portable computers are not supported unless they are equipped with our licensed UNIX™ HP-UX™.
>>
>>51443467
Thats for servers lol.
>>
>>51443361
I do not know how to do that
>>
>>51443644
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GRUB/EFI_examples
>>
>>51443935
Thanks, but apparently already knew how to do it. The problem was something with the start up. Thanks for your help.
>>
Disable fast boot on the bios so you can boot from usb sticks.
>>
>>51443942
maybe you fucked up the image or USB formatting
>>
>>51443204
Listen carefully:
Download rufus
Format USB with rufus with the next settings
Partition type GPT for EFI
FAT32
Check create bootable option and select the ISO image you want to dump into the USB
Apply
Now go to EFI, disable secure boot, disable fast boot if it allow you, set USB FDD as first boot drive.
Note that if there isnt a fastboot option in your EFI, disabling fast boot in windows energy settings is recommended.
Insert USB into a 2.0 usb port, not the 3.0 ones.
Boot you computer
Enjoy.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.