[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
sqt and help me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8
File: 1447899667498.jpg (159 KB, 762x1049) Image search: [Google]
1447899667498.jpg
159 KB, 762x1049
No sqt so here's my question:
I just built a pc, and it won't boot. I press the power button and the fans spin for a split second and then nothing happens. The leds on my motherboard stay on though.
What should I rma?
I've checked and reseated all wires/ram/cpu, have torn it down to the bare minimum, and have made sure my cpu has no bent pins. Have taken my mobo out and put it on cardboard to make sure it wasn't getting shorted.

Build link:
http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=28509925

Pic unregulated
>>
>>51442913
You couldn't even properly paste the OP. Did you check your case? I had a similar problem once and the issue was the power connection on the case itself.

Post your simple/small/stupid questions here, ONCE.
DO NOT BUMP THE THREAD, You are NOT entitled to an answer.

Read the sticky before posting.
Take at least 10 seconds to google it first.

Redirect or ignore anybody asking stupid questions outside this thread.
Use >>>/g/sqt as a link to find the sqt thread
>>
>>51442957
It responds to me pressing the power button on my case, but how would I check that otherwise?
>>
I need to RMA my RAM, but I don't have the original packaging. The email containing the RMA said
>"Packing envelopes is not adequate packaging, as the envelope does not provide protection during transit. A shipping box with adequate packaging material should be used for the return shipping of the hardware"
What would be "adequate packaging"? I was planning on putting the RAM sticks in an antistatic bag, which would be placed inside of a padded envelope, then putting it inside of a regular box. Is that not adequate? What would you guys recommend?
>>
>>51443062
Unless you're an electrical engineer, I'm not sure. I found out by building it in a different case on a whim and it worked just fine.
>>
File: 1445774165147.jpg (12 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1445774165147.jpg
12 KB, 184x184
So I noticed something weird just now. Recently I've been paranoid about viruses and such and done multiple scans with Malware Bytes, AVG and ADW Cleaner. I removed a bit, but something funny is happening that I think might be related.

When I have a game open (Rocket League was when I noticed it) my disc space is lowered by 8GB. Also, recently Rocket League asked for Firewall access when launching, even though in the 150+ hours I've played it for it has never once done it.

Could a virus be leeching onto my games?
>>
wuats a nice win7 activator
i downloaded re-loader activator but now it's showing some shady processes onmy computer
dunno if they are a dummy or an actual virus so i dont know
>>
>>51443276
It's unlikely, but not impossible. I would just reinstall Windows to eliminate any doubt.
>>
>>51443439
I take it it should be a full reinstall, and not one where I keep my files?
>>
Is there any specific kind of monitor that would be suited for being used both vertically and horizontally, or would any monitor work?

What qualities should I look for, if any?
>>
http://www.mifcom.de/product/1312/pc-system-core-i5-4460---gtx-750-ti.html

Is this any good?
>>
PC randomly freezes and audio starts buzzing. Issue is present on linux and windows so I'm thinking it's not a driver issue. Issue occurs with high and low temps. I've been running memtest separately on both my dimms; first one no errors over 4 passes, second one I'm getting errors on the hammer test which are supposedly common. I'm gonna try and use my computer with the stick with no errors only for a while and maybe switch to the other one only in a few days to see if it's because of that one stick. Any other trouble shooting I can do?
>>
>>51443889
Maybe try and find a monitor which can swap from horizontal to vertical with the out of the box stand or d/w if you're gonna use an arm
>>
>>51443557
Yup
>>
I got my first Rpi. Should I install Raspbian or OpenWRT?
>>
File: Screenshot (5477).png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (5477).png
1 MB, 1920x1080
Bravo microsoft, absolutely bravo.

How the fuck do i delete this?

Also when i was deleting this folder it recongnised a couple of .pngs as system files. Any reason for this?
>>
File: 1417956176894.jpg (109 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1417956176894.jpg
109 KB, 500x500
I haven't kept up with hardware since Pentium 3 was the hottest shit ever.

How good/shit is AMD Quad-Core A8-6500 and Radeon HD 8570D and how long will it last me if I don't care about ultra graphics?

My current CPU/GPU is Phenom II X4 925 2.8Ghz and Radeon 5670 which has lasted me ~6 years but is in sore need of an upgrade.
>>
>>51444283
http://superuser.com/questions/755298/how-to-delete-a-file-with-a-path-too-long-to-be-deleted
>>
Finished learning core Java, now what?
>>
File: 1438057889147.gif (175 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
1438057889147.gif
175 KB, 852x480
How do I request a new ip from my ISP? On Comcast with a Cisco modem and a netgear router
>>
>>51444609
JavaFX, make cool grafics n stuff
>>
>>51444863
Chances are you'll get a new one in a couple days. I assume you've tried restarting your router/modem already?
>>
>>51445042
Yep. I read different places that I could edit my macmac address but knowing me I'd melt a bunch of stuff trying to do that. I'll leave it unplugged while I'm gone for thanksgiving, that might do it
>>
What's better, R9 380 or R9 280X?
>>
File: 20141013_173719.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
20141013_173719.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1600
Studying to get my dream job at Joyent in three years; what does "move up and down the stack" mean?

https://www.joyent.com/about/careers/software-engineer
>>
Is there a logicalincrements site for laptops? Or a good guide /g/ can point me to
>>
File: 1446913870530.webm (805 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1446913870530.webm
805 KB, 480x480
Is it possible remount a fan from one frame to another fan's frame?

I ask because about a month ago a cable got caught in my 140mm CPU fan (which has 120mm hole spacing). Consequently 1 blade broke, but thermal performance didn't change drastically. (Or at least I didn't notice a huge difference.) Now the fan wobbles and make really awful creaking sounds, most likely because the fan blade balance has been affected for a month now.

I'm a cheap bastard. I got a spare 140mm case fan, but it has 140mm hole spacing, and won't fit on the wire retainers on the fan clips.

Is there any way to splice the 140mm fan from the 140mm frame into a my broken 140mm fan's 120mm frame?
>>
Do I need to be good at math to be a programmer? I only know how to solve algebraic equations and some calculus.
>>
>>51445933
No, but if you want to be a cs major it's basically applied math with programming.
>>
File: eonPOWER10.jpg (127 KB, 780x1040) Image search: [Google]
eonPOWER10.jpg
127 KB, 780x1040
I am currently using a pair of JBL eon power 10 speakers (pic related) as keyboard amps and also as monitors for an electronic drum set, I dont think they put off enough bass, the kick drum sounds tons better through headphones than these amps. I think If If they were simply larger drivers I would be happy with the bass frequencies, i may be wrong.

I'm trying to find cheap alternatives but I dont understand speaker specs and what good actually is.

Specs for my current eon 10's are here, page 2
http://www.jblpro.com/pub/mi/eonsys10.pdf they are 10" active pa speakers

I'm looking at these 15" active pa's at monoprice
http://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=115&cp_id=11505&cs_id=1150501&p_id=604450&seq=1&format=2

When I read the specs they seem worse in every way but how could this be?

would a non powered speaker like this one be better? What type of amp would be used to power a pair of these for use as instrument amps?
http://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=115&cp_id=11505&cs_id=1150501&p_id=604470&seq=1&format=2

Am i just comparing larger shit speakers to smaller nice speakers?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.