[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Faenza
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: folder.png (5 KB, 96x96) Image search: [Google]
folder.png
5 KB, 96x96
So I really like the Faenza icon pack. I use it on Debian, and because I'm autistic I really want a Debian red version of it, so everything matches.

I'm actually using what appears to be MATE's version of the pack, so everything is green.

I'm not asking anyone to do this for me. I've got absolutely no idea how to go about doing it myself, though; I opened pic related in GIMP with the intention of "simply" recoloring it, but when bucket fill failed me I was left sitting there scratching my head with my thumb up my ass.

ITT: Teach me how to recolor in GIMP to satisfy my autism pls senpai
>>
Change the hue, friend.
>>
>>51438362
>colors >hue/saturation
>drag the hue bar until you get the red you want
Welcome to the marvelous world of image editing
>>
>>51438405
>>51438424
Thanks based anons. I feel like such a spastic now but that's normal for me.

When I finish it I'll upload it if anyone else is interested?
>>
>>51438461
Sure, that would be splendid. Make sure not to pick some awful shade of red, though.
>>
>>51438487
I color-picked the one from the Debian logo, D81C54 apparently. Don't worry it'll match. My autism won't be satisfied until it does.
>>
File: Screenshot.png (277 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot.png
277 KB, 1440x900
Hmm. Seem to have worked something out.

What do we think of the shade? Think it's about as close as I'm likely to get it.
>>
>>51438583
Background is a wee bit dark and oversaturated, try to make is lighter. Sorry if I'm bugging you about it.
>>
>>51438613
I'll play with it some more. Loads of icons to do. I've noticed loads of them are symlinks but the programmer in me feels like I should be doing something more automated than manually running every one through GIMP and colorizing it.
>>
Installing inkscape now. It would be easier--if possible--to just recolor the scalable ones and then all I have to do is scale them down and export them.

That last part sounds suspiciously scriptable.
>>
Oh cool, inkscape can export to PNG from the terminal. This won't be as hard as I thought.
>>
If anyone is keeping tabs on this: I've whipped up a shell script to use inkscape to export the SVGs as PNGs, so I'm just colorizing each scalable icon and running that. Just finished the places icons, trucking on with the rest.

I'll get a git repo going soon-ish and link it here.
>>
>>51439413
I don't even like Faenza but I like you OP and I want you to know that you are a good person.
>>
>>51439633
Well ain't you sweet.

https://github.com/lee-thomas/matefaenza-debian
>>
>>51439768
I just noticed the icons for Documents, Pictures, Downloads etc need a bit of work. The little images on them are a bit hard to see.

Call this a first draft. I'd like to know what you think if you give it a try.
>>
>>51439413
I use svg icons and use sed when I want to change the color
e.g.
sed -i -- 's/FF0000/00FF00/g' *
>>
>>51439908
Cool. I had a feeling I was doing something stupid.
>>
Faenza??? Wtf is where i live
>>
File: de.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
de.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>51441251
I was peripherally wondering about the name while I was doing this. Interesting.

I just turned my computer off so I can't post a screenshot, but I've gone full Debiantard. Looks pretty damn good with my shiny icons, Docky, and pic related.

You know, if you like that color.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.