[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/g/ I need some help. Right now I have some pleb-tier headphones,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: AT_new_M_Series.jpg (593 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
AT_new_M_Series.jpg
593 KB, 2000x2000
/g/ I need some help. Right now I have some pleb-tier headphones, old as fuck and also very cheap. So I want to get some new ones, and I can't decide between Audio Technica M30X and M40X and Kingston HyperX Cloud 2. What do you recommend?
>>
>>51437130
Neither, buy Gentoo headphones
>>
Get the m40x's, why wouldn't you buy audio equipment from an actual & reputable audio company.
>>
>>51437130
If you're looking in that price range I'd actually go for Sennheiser hd280 pros. I love my ath m50s but Sennheiser has them beat for $80-100 imho.
>>
I've used the M30 and M40x. Not a fan of the 30. They clamp a little too hard. I love my 40x. Feels like I'm not wearing anything. I've never used the 50s. I know people say they clamp too tight to the head, but that may be a meme.
>>
>>51437234
>>51437243
I used the HD280s at work and they block out outside noise really well. I used them to monitor a camera feed during a concert and, while not totally cancelling, it was an 70-80% reduction in background audio.
>>
>>51437130
The M40x are praised for being neutral.

My M50x is great, I got them during my trip to Japan early this year.
>>
>>51437130
>hyperX cloud 2
Lmao
I would go for the m50x's, but if you don't want to spend that much money, go for the m40's
>>
Beats by dre
>>
>>51437130
How about the Sennheiser HD 518? I will use the headphones half of the time for music and movies and half of the time for gaming.
>>
>>51437290
would you say M40x's sound like shure SRH440's?
>>
bumpin
>>
>>51437130
takstar 2050
>>
>>51437318
BEATS>Kingston>mashal>AT>Audeze
>>
>>51437192
I second this. Wearing M40x's right now actually.
>>
get some Philips SHP500s. They are the best headphones you can buy for less than $250, and they are like $80 new. Just got a pair for $50 open box too
>>
>>51437130

AKG K701 [spoiler]because Mio use it [/spoiler]
>>
>>51437130
M40X if these are your options. Otherwise go to /hpg/.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.