[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Google wants to interview me. What do?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: 8770084504_1d4da72f0c_k.jpg (987 KB, 2048x1356) Image search: [Google]
8770084504_1d4da72f0c_k.jpg
987 KB, 2048x1356
Google wants to interview me. What do?
>>
Take along a USB drive and steal your data back.
>>
They love asking autistic interview questions.
>>
Get ready for meme questions about manhole covers.
>>
How did they get to you?
>>
Complain about the fucking CAPTCHA
>>
>>51434319
Do the interview and enjoy the new job?
>>
Be prepared to answer some dumb fuckin' question about how many bricks make up the height of the Empire State Building or some shit.

Whatever you do, ATTEMPT TO ANSWER TO THE BEST OF YOUR ABILITY.

They're gonna want you to calculate or at least make the effort to.

Your question may be different. I'm just using an example I had once been given by a relative (total bastard by the way) who once worked for Google.
>>
You can't prepare yourself to answer dumb questions... If "Google wants to interview" you you're fine, it's not like they're going to care that much about your answer. Just do the effort to try to answer that shit.

I never worked at google but I worked for another big company and they asked me a logic problem about some fruits... It was just a retard check to make sure that you actually had a brain and was not a bleached nigger disguised as a white human.
>>
Decline as you do not want to work for evil companies.
>>
>>51434479
hm, but I do want to work for Google.
>>
memorize this:
void rev(node_t *n)
{
if (n == NULL)
return;
rev(n->left);
node_t *temp = n->left;
n->left = n->right;
n->right = temp;
rev(n->right);
}
rev(root);
>>
>>51434412
They haven't done shit like that for a very long time.

Don't give advice if you have no idea what you're talking about
>>
File: 1446567184508.jpg (501 KB, 1056x1080) Image search: [Google]
1446567184508.jpg
501 KB, 1056x1080
>>51434319
>Go to interview
>Climb on table
>Squat
>Shit
>Sit back in chair.
>"This is a taste of the future I can bring Google to."
>>
make sure to smoke some weed right before the interview

that's how i got in, i smoked my future boss out
>>
>>51434319
When you say "interview" do you mean "Come to our offices and spend the day speaking to people" or "Do you have 30 minutes to talk on the 'phone?"

Because the former is an actual Google interview and the later is just a recruiter doing a screen to see if you're a total moron or not. They ask two or three "technical" questions during the screen, and real numpty shit, too.

Having said all that; it ain't 2004 any more. Why would you want to work at Google?
>>
Tell them youre core believe is privacy, see how long the interview last after saying that. Enjoy mightiest of keks afterwards.
>>
File: B8iox9KCMAEBvES.jpg (17 KB, 600x275) Image search: [Google]
B8iox9KCMAEBvES.jpg
17 KB, 600x275
Just use protection
>>
>>51434778
where are the biggest money now?
>>
>>51434836
>biggest money

If that's all you care about (and you're going to be fucking miserable if you do), just go work for some highly enterprise company like Oracle.

If you actually care about what you're doing and want to take a risk, find a startup (B-round onward, 100-200 employees) and take the stock options.
>>
>>51434319
Don't lie
They know of your browsing history and emails
>>
>>51434854
>startup
>100-200 employees.
Wat?
>>
>>51434948
Of course a startup can have more than 3 employees. If it's 3 years old, not break-even and still burning through its B round it's a startup.

How do you think it works? You go from 2 guys in a garage to 10k employees and 10 global offices instantly? Like those guys wake up one day and one is CEO and the other is CTO? There's a growth phase.
>>
>>51434980
If a company has 200 employees, it is not startup any more.
>>
>>51434740
Topkek
>>
>>51434980
then its not a startup thats a started-up
>>
>>51435016
If it's not reached break-even and it's still reliant on investor cash, it's a startup. There are thousands of 100+ employee startups in the SF area. There's no fixed definition of what is and isn't a startup; not even among VC's.

If you're not break even, at less than 5 years old and have <200 employees you can be a startup. Paul Graham puts the limit at 100 people but doesn't care how old the business is or what the cashflow looks like. Some people prefer the 50-100-500 rule for all three.

Use whatever definition you like.
>>
>>51435104
What I mean is, I don't think you would get that much advantage and possibilities as you would at a small smartup. 200 is already well established workplace.
>>
I also have a Google interview soon.
They will hopefully book my flights tomorrow.
At least I'll get an airfare out of it
>>
>>51435104
>Paul Graham
He's got so many wannabe-startup cocks in his mouth I'm amazed he can breathe.
>>
>>51435123
Well no of course, the stock pool is going to be pretty small at that point; but I'm thinking about it from the perspective of the average /g/ poster who still thinks Google is a pretty neat place to work. They're probably not going to have the chops to join a stealth-mode startup as employee #5 and take 100k in options in lieu of a wage. They might be able to get themselves into a larger company that's still growing and offers them 5k in options, and they'll think that's a good deal.
>>
Shave one side of your head, dye your hair blue and put on some fresh lensless glasses. Don't forget to remind them that their diversity quota hasn't been met, yet.
>>
>>51434374
Kek
>>
>>51434621
what is it
>>
>>51436144
Inverting a binary tree.
>>
>>51436167
what is binary tree? it gives some edible fruit?
>>
File: invisibleman.jpg (98 KB, 555x475) Image search: [Google]
invisibleman.jpg
98 KB, 555x475
>>51436188
>>
>>51434319
Do you want to work for them?
>>
>>51434374
He'd need an external HDD
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.