[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Silicon Valley Unemployment Line General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 11
File: feminism-ching-chong.jpg (66 KB, 500x671) Image search: [Google]
feminism-ching-chong.jpg
66 KB, 500x671
How does it feel knowing that your technology job is about to be stolen by:
Pic related because of muh sexism
or
By a currynigger that literally cannot use a toilet?
>>
>>51429536
>tfw no tech-industry azn sugar mommy to enable your neet lifestyle
>>
Please no. For the sake of the fucking millenials let's just accept the fact that there are no such things as morals
>>
DESIGNATED
>>
>>51429726
SHITTING
>>
>>51429755
STREET
>>
>>51429755
Pajeet my son
>>
POO
>>
>>51429771
IN
>>
>>51429778
LOO
>>
>>51429536

silicon valley is shit, all they do is create retarded chat clients. If you're actually smart you go for NASA.
>>
File: MIT.jpg (117 KB, 850x610) Image search: [Google]
MIT.jpg
117 KB, 850x610
>>51429786
I agree.
>>
>>51429771
>>51429778
>>51429784
>the 5th thread in a row i've seen this in
what does this mean?
>>
>>51429795
Indians shit in the designated shitting streets, or on the beach, because they're filthy animals.
>>
File: o-POO-LOO-VIDEO-facebook.jpg (327 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
o-POO-LOO-VIDEO-facebook.jpg
327 KB, 2000x1000
>>51429823
Lookup defecating in the open, it's even on Wikipedia if you want. About 50% of India, so we're talking half a billion people, shit in the street.
>>
>>51429789
>clock
>>
>>51429843
Where does all that shit go? Wouldn't it pile up on the street?
>>
>>51429858
idk about india but in the Philippines they just wait for the rain to wash it away.
they pee in the street, usually no shit, but the stray dogs will shit all over the streets. but it rained often enough it'd wash it into the gutters.
But those days were the worst because the rain activated the smell of all the shit
>>
>>51429894
Aren't flips the niggers of Asia? Basketball and all that shit?
>>
>>51429911
sometimes called mexicans of asia. theft is very common you must have your hands on your wallet at all times and even then you're not safe.
they love basketball even though they're very short.
i was never attacked but i hear violent crime isn't uncommon. i was always with another person and we walked fast to avoid being held up.
>>
>>51429536
DEY TURK R JORBS!
>>
>>51430013
Don't you think that's a problem? That's like how Europe is letting all those refugees in. Either they receive welfare their whole lives paid by the Europeans or they take their jobs to pay for themselves.
>>
I can't believe how racist you all are
>>
>>51429536
> Walk Into Hackathon in LA's tallest tower
> See writing on the board
> "Do you want to help a "TEENAGE" girl get a programming scholarship? ;) I will be writing my essays near the kitchen. Feel free to drop by and help ;) :*"
> Glance over at the kitchen
> See flock of beta orbiters helping her get a scholarship.

Why?
>>
So where should I apply for a tech job that isn't Silicon Valley?
>>
>>51430419
Isn't she a honeytrap for pedos?
>>
>>51430435
That's what I thought. But apparently she was just taking advantage
>>
>>51430425
Austin, Raleigh, Denver, DC
>>
>>51430425
S E A T T L E
E A T T L E
A T T L E
T T L E
T L E
L E
E
>>
>>51430448
You can't really blame her. Any girl could do what she did, she just took the opportunity right in front of her.
>>
File: ff.jpg (31 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ff.jpg
31 KB, 1280x720
>>51429536
How does it feel knowing that printed words are generally parallel to the paper they're printed on
>>
Silicon Valley is where worker's rights go to die.
>>
File: photo.jpg (120 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
120 KB, 900x900
We can all thank this lady right here, and her fake feminism campaign.
>>
>>51429536
i would love to put my dick in her
>>
>>51430573
p-put your dick in me first
>>
Feminists and minorities are the least of your worries, you should worry about companies outsourcing potential jobs to foreigners like me who charge less because living where we live is dirt cheap.
>>
>>51430619
That's a 90s game man. The modern game is importing labor and putting it into circulation in the California tech industry. The benefit of this is you can keep wages down across the board by increasing the competitive pressure between wageslaves.
>>
>>51430454
Don't forget Boston area.
>>
If anyone is poised to lose their jobs, its the airhead executives running MS, Apple, Google, Facebook, Yahoo

None of these companies produce anything that couldnt be done better in the far east. All the Ivy League marketing twats who think they are going to live off adware forever are going to end up getting real jobs making ads for Campbell Soup
>>
>>51430672
Apple is the only company to have success in the Far East. And wild success at that, it's only grown and grown and grown. A lot of the things they've done with their products are to appeal to Far East markets.

The rest are shits though yeah. Google's fall from grace has been depressing, I had huge hopes for the Google Future back in 03/04.
>>
>>51430666
Nice trips Satan. I don't know, I think it's cheaper for companies in the US to hire people like me, they just need to throw some chump $150 a month and they'll gladly work their ass off.
>>
Indians aren't getting tech jobs because of SJW and whatnot. Indians are just getting those jobs because they're desperate to get out of India, which is best described as the world's biggest individual slum, spanning over a million square miles and more than 1b people.

As for sexism and shit, I see the arguments made that women are discouraged from getting into tech and I agree with the general sentiment. I don't see women getting jobs that they're not qualified for though (and I live in the bay area and work in & study CS, so I would expect to see it here more than anywhere, if the rabble rousing from neckbeards is to be believed).

I think women should get more encouragement and support to study STEM in education. I see a handful of women benefiting from these sorts of scholarships, grants, etc... but I would argue it's not necessarily enough. But I would argue we don't have enough scholarships and funding available in general, so maybe I'm just bitching that academia isn't a lucrative enough area.
>>
I have many reasons to stay the hell away from California. One of them is the insanely high cost of living. Another is Dianne Feinstein. You guys keep giving me more reasons.
>>
>>51430395
Try tumblr if you want political correctness.
Or visit some shitty country, you'll learn by yourself.
>>
>>51430822
If you keep to yourself like an autist then none of this comes up. You just focus on your work.

If you're not an autist, then welcome to interacting in social groups: if someone feels uncomfortable because of the way you act or talk, you're expected to accommodate them. I have friends who object to profanity. I have absolutely no problem using it (when appropriate), but when I'm around them I respect their desire not to hear it.

The only other alternative is that you're not competent enough to get a job in a relatively competitive, high-paying market like the bay area, in which case you've just got sour grapes. Certainly, bitching about an objectionable US senator (when their influence on your day-to-day life is negligible, and no different from their influence on an Alabaman's day-to-day life) sounds like sour grapes to me.
>>
File: 1446381272594.jpg (87 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1446381272594.jpg
87 KB, 400x400
>>51430986
>pay to attention to the insane cost of living and/or retardedly long commute
>also don't pay attention to the fact you're working 1.5-2x the hours of most people
>>
>>51431241
People love to lie to themselves. Grapes of Wrath covered this too. Same shit, new smell.
>>
Ghetto's in cali are one of the most decent areas I've ever been, they don't look like ghettos at all.
At least before night..
>>
>>51429536
Fuck you OP!!!! I though that was a picture of my ex and got me all depressed.
>>
>>51430769
>Apple is the only company to have success in the Far East.
Just to put things in perspective, China currently waging a corporate espionage campaign against the US. If the source code for iOS ever gets released, its game over for Apple, no more $900 iPhones
>>
>>51430822

Seriously, fuck California. I don't know why anyone would want to live in Silicon fucking Valley.

I worked for about 5 year in a tech startup in Mountain View.

>Tons of traffic everywhere you go
>Long ass commute
>People everywhere
>Insanely high cost of living
>The whole city of Milpitas smells like a fucking toilet

Moving from there was the best thing I ever did. I ended up shacking up in the middle of nowhere Wyoming, I was so tired to being surrounded by so many people 24/7 I moved to the least populous place I could find. It's awesome, I'm two miles away from my closest neighbor, and I work my old job from home (still making that sweet SV money).

Plus you're money goes way further here. Before I was living in an apartment off of Haight Asbury, paying like $4000 a month in rent, for a fucking broom closet. Now I own a country style McMansion for $500,000 with 4.5k square feet and 500 acres of surrounding land.

Fuck the bay
>>
File: shee-ut.png (707 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
shee-ut.png
707 KB, 1440x810
>>51431799

>moved to sunnyvale a few months ago from new hampshire
>my SEVEN MILE COMMUTE to work can take a half hour
>>
>>51431241
>you're working 1.5-2x the hours of most people
If you think that moving to the bay area will put you in the vanishing minority that represents people working 60-70 hours a week, then you're probably retarded. The majority of people who work in tech lead reasonable lives with good work/life balance. If you insist on comparing your current state to a hypothetical that you would never find yourself in, then I'm sure you can find many reasons not to want to move somewhere or try something new.

But the fact is that upward mobility is more available in the bay area than anywhere else, and all this bitching *still* sounds like sour grapes to me.
>>
>>51431847
>But the fact is that upward mobility is more available in the bay area than anywhere else

Well, sure, but you need to remember that in the bay area, upward mobility means moving from a dorm to a studio apartment to a 1 bedroom apartment when you've really made it big.
>>
>>51431799
yeah but you live in fucking wyoming, assuming what you're saying is true, which it probably isn't
>>
>>51431874
ok
>>
>>51431411
Even if there are 99.9% quality fakes, the consumers will figure out that .1% bit that differentiates the genuine part. It's all bout authenticity of wealth in China now.
>>
>>51430779
>>51430986

The only person here who sounds like they have sour grapes is you.
>>
>>51431900

I currently live in Silicon Valley. See

>>51431827

It is true. $4000 is an exaggeration unless you live in SF. Maybe SJ and Oakland too.

This is the worst area in America. The worst traffic. The worst people. The worst climate (nice temperature but drought). Worst cost of living. Worst taxes. Worst amount of homless and crazies. Worst everything.

$120,000 sounds like a really nice salary out college but its really just inflated due to the CoL. My plan is to move away in a few years, this hell hole isn't worth it.
>>
Cali-fags complaining, they don't know new york is way more expensive.
>>
>>51431924
this. Chinese knockoffs of purses and shit misspell the name of the brand they're trying to copy, can't get stitching right, etc...

If you think they'll be able to duplicate small scale electronics and produce a believable knockoff iPhone, keep dreaming.
>>
>>51431929
Crying about Dianne Feinstein is the ultimate level of sour grapes. she has no greater influence on life in California than life in Wyoming. Using her as a reason for not wanting to live in California is so transparently bullshit that it's shocking you're taking his side on this.
>>
>>51431944

LA has worse traffic than the bay area. Cost of living is lower, though the proportion of spics to whites is way higher if that matters to you.
>>
>>51431944
>worst traffic
literally there's worse traffic in the same state, in LA. bay area traffic is pretty much middle of the pack nationwide.
>worst people
based on what criteria? politeness? new york and/or new jersey easily dwarf the bay area in terms of rudeness.

stop throwing meaningless, unquantifiable, unexaminable terms around.
>>
>>51431944

>51431799
Here

Yeah, right in the heart of SF $4,000 is not an exaggeration.

If anyone doubts it take a look at the CL postings for apartments in that area.

sfbay.craigslist.org/search/apa?query=haight+ashbury
>>
>>51429795
https://youtu.be/_peUxE_BKcU
It's from this
>>
File: 1447566688720.jpg (69 KB, 700x650) Image search: [Google]
1447566688720.jpg
69 KB, 700x650
>>51430454
>Austin
>not already outsourcing to India

HP split and is hiring poo-in-loos at a record pace. The Facebook feature that lets you transfer money is run entirely by overseas workers in call-centers. Management at both companies have now internally banned the word "outsourcing" due to the negative connotations I shit you not.
>>
>>51431956
As far as electronics goes, the most interesting thing to me is the massively growing domestic market. Chinese entrepreneurs are doing some really interesting stuff, and the fact that it's all taking place OUTSIDE of the old money cities (Beijing, Shangshit, Guangzhao, etc). Exciting times.
>>
File: lel.jpg (22 KB, 490x364) Image search: [Google]
lel.jpg
22 KB, 490x364
>>51431799
>own a condo on King St. across from AT&T Park
>sail out of the harbor almost every weekend
>have dinner at Saison 4-5x a month

Yeah Wyoming sounds great
>>
>>51432203
You're comparing being rich with being lower middle class now...
>>
>>51432216
You shouldn't be lower middle class if you're working in tech. If you're living that lower middle class life, not working in tech, you shouldn't live in the bay area

glad we could sort out this previously obvious bit of logic for you
>>
>>51432004
>new york and/or new jersey easily dwarf the bay area in terms of rudeness
>he fell for the meme
>>
>>51432236
I'm not sure exactly what your goals with this shitpost are. It's plainly obvious you don't believe what you're saying.
>>
>>51432253
i've lived in new york and california. if you think new yorkers are not rude, you're absolutely crazy.

at best, new yorkers keep to themselves aggressively, as in nobody will bother you as long as you stay in your lane and don't get in the way of their lives. but if you interrupt their life, you'll get hell.
>>
>>51432269
>posting on 4chan complaining about rudeness
OH THE IRONING
>>
>>51432268
it's not shitposting. i'm confused why you think you should be talking about lower middle class living conditions, then we're not talking about someone working in tech, or at least not someone working in tech who's employable in good, well-paying companies in SV.

the narrative of moving to wyoming sounds exactly like the story of someone leaving the city for a small town so they can be a big fish in a small pond. the other side of that story is that they were just a small fry in the big pond - too small to make it - but they'd never admit that.
>>
>>51431386
Hey at least you've had one. A lot of people are depressed out of their minds because they can't and never will be able to attract the opposite sex.

Consider yourself lucky.
>>
>>51432284
you pretty clearly meant to reference >>51431944
since he was the one bitching about "the worst people". happy to help set you straight
>>
>>51432203
I have to agree with Wyoming guy, you probably own a $2 million dollar 1500 sq/ft condo and think youre living the high life for it. SOMA is shit btw, having meth heads come up to you for change, most the area does not look upscale but really seedy. You think youre living the high live because you have money left over to eat in an overpriced restaurant where the chef squirts swirls of colored sauce over 5 pieces of asperagas, no thanks, Ive seen it, not buying it
>>
File: 1443862407541.png (308 KB, 555x398) Image search: [Google]
1443862407541.png
308 KB, 555x398
>>51429536
my job is just going to be stolen by someone with better people skills who is better at interviewing or have a better resume, of which there are more than enough
I'm going to have to get my student loan repayment plant to be income based so that I won't have to pay anything at all, I hope it isn't too difficult to do
>>
>>51429858
they shit in the fields and the rivers, it gets washed away or decomposes naturally
>>
>>51432326
Can't when I went to hell and back due to depression.. Imagine you have to tell your fiancee that you have to go back to your hometown to take care of your ailing father and having the strain of long distance relationship break your bond with the love of your life, add the fact that your father is dying and you can't be 100% focus on your fiancee's needs due to emotion strain of having to prepare for a loss of a family / loved one.
>>
>>51431983

Don't you have a pride parade to attend? A little side action at a glory hole in the Castro might alleviate some of those sour grape feelings.
>>
>>51432664
which sour grape feelings? you seem really interested in gay sex. would you describe it as an obsession?
>>
>>51432672

I'm just assuming you're a homosexual since you so fervently defend attacks against the fag capital of the world from a bunch of anonymous posters on 4chan's pedo board.
>>
>>51430425
>>51430460
Seattleite here. We have a lot of startups right now from ex-Mircosoft employees. That being said, we also have a huge influx of out of towners trying to be Amazon. The Microsoft guys generally know more about what they're doing.

Seattle has a lot of tech, but it's still one group of Seattle. Nothing like SF where the only topic in conversation is "what Node.js middleware are you using".
>>
>>51429536
I interviewed and recommended an Indian woman who now works along side myself. How does that make you feel anon? She's probably better at programming than you too.
>>
>>51433454
Nah.
>>
>>51432664
>>51432697
>2015
>being this homophobic
Did daddy touch you as a child Tommy?
>>
>>51433486
fuck off. you're booring.
>>>/lgbt/
>>
>>51429536
im a minority so im good until real racism comes back
>>
>>51429789
>mfw no one talks about him anymore because they realized hes a phony
>>
>>51431799
Haight Ashbury here. I'm fucking jealous but my broom closet is only 2700. Laffs, amirite?
>>
>>51429536
If you're so shit at your job that they happily replace you with a currynigger or a cunt, you deserved it. Fuck off and gain some valuable skills.

>>51429659
>morals
It's like you haven't even reached the 7th grade.

>>51429786
Enjoy getting less funding than college dropouts from TSA or the Army.
>>
>>51430376
If they're taking your job then you're clearly too incompetent to have it in the first place.
>>
>>51433983
>he thinks jobs are always awarded on merit
>>
>>51434140
>he thinks a company would skip on a worker who promises them more profits
Come on, capitalism is as simple as it gets, kids.
>>
>>51430779
I guess I just don't see why you think it's a good idea in general to tell people what to do. Why should women get into tech more? Is your belief that lots of women want to go into tech but don't for some reason? Or that lots of women would love working in tech but don't realize it? Or that lots of women want to go into tech, try, but are unable to? Is this for the women's benefit, or the companies', or everyone's?

It seems very unlikely that the reason is that companies would routinely reject women, when it's totally not in their interest at all to do so. I'm sure a few do it, there's always some company or other making some dumb mistake. But widespread? Not a chance, businesses don't like to turn down free money in the first place, especially not when there's lots of it and so any competitor has the opportunity to collect it all up and gain a big advantage over everyone else. And in this very thread you see people complaining that companies are all hiring Indians now - what, are they that specific about their -isms, tripping over each other to hire racial minorities, but totally refusing to hire women?
>>
>>51434291
>kids

ok kid
>>
>>51433549
>everyone's a faggot but me, I swear
>>
>>51430013
There are a lot of Turks in my city desu
>>
>>51431900
Electricity, flowing water and fast internet are the only things that matter to me desu
>>
>>51431847
post hoc justification
>>
I give zero fucks.

I'm in the top 1% of programmers and I decided to do it recreatively as a hobby for the rest of my life rather than pursuing a professional career in it. I don't do free software, either. I program only for myself and share my skills only with close friends and other old school hackers.

You have to be a special kind of stupid in order to pursue a field which doesn't just not value you, but also infantilizes you.
>>
>>51430013
>>51433983
>>51434291

look you fucking indian shit, you are a piece of crap, a parasite to the tech industry and the first world in general, you are literally a cheap monkey and companies see you as a middle ground between a normal worker and a robot.

you will never be respected as a human being because your only selling point is that you are cheap, enjoy 24/7 humiliation at work. but you are proud of being cheap arent you? yeah you are you indian fuck, thats why i hate you guys actually, i used to think indians are based, but lately i dont even like curry anymore, you are a constant threat to my job, solely because you are half as competent as me at 1/10 the price.

i would actually respect you if you had the same salary expectations as me but only did cheap jobs to survive when really needed and were humble about it and hated your company for it, but no, as sad as it sounds you are literally proud of being a subhuman and you keep deliberately bringing salaries down.

indians shouldnt have access to computers in the first place, they are an invention of the white man and should never have been taken outside of usa and western europe, because now every online learning resource is ridden with that want to pretend they are people, like literally, there are obscure MOOC courses that have 40,000 pajeets on them
>>
>>51435598
Calm the fuck down. Indians are horrendous coders either way. As an employer, I secretly discriminate and don't hire minorities. Just start a tech company and do the same.

Every time a project gets outsourced to save costs, people tend to get fucked over by it. If you lose business to outsourcing, the clients normally come running back after a month with exploding servers and unresolvable databases. I normally charge them serious fees for their treachery. It works well.
>>
>>51430448
If I was a girl I would do this too.
>>
>>51435643
fuck no.

Earn your skills. I can't count how many bitches let a man do it and get their degree because of it. Then tears as their co-workers refuse to work with them because they don't know what they are doing.
>>
>>51435662
yeah i get that but for the scholarship

i would trick and torture a million betas to get into mit
>>
>>51435684
I think if you were to be discriminated in America as a Syrian girl, you could get a full scholarship to MIT.
>>
>>51435598
>this entire post

I wish the indian shitposter from /ptg/ was here.
>>
>>51430419
This kills the soul.
>>
>>51435638

well done man
>>
>>51435598
>>
chink moot fuck you
>>
ITT: people who think SF and LA represent all of California.
Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.