[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone here own an oil radiator/heater?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
Does anyone here own an oil radiator/heater?
>>
yep
what about it
>>
>>51429463
does it like, radiate heat?
>>
File: kermit the frog contemplating.jpg (11 KB, 221x246) Image search: [Google]
kermit the frog contemplating.jpg
11 KB, 221x246
>>51429463
Could you tell me, if you listen closely to the front of your radiator, do you hear that "humming" silent low-pitch noise?

Of course your surroundings have to be free of noise.
>>51429490
troll
>>
>>51429490
Yeah. That's why you don't see much of these around anymore. Some of the heat radiation can get into your body and cause you to develop cancer over time.
>>
>>51429490
keeps the living room warm
>>
File: 1434329594675.jpg (31 KB, 343x351) Image search: [Google]
1434329594675.jpg
31 KB, 343x351
>>51429513
sorry for late response

i tried listening for almost 2 minutes, it's completely silent apart from a few clicky sounds likely caused by the plastic on the controller unit expanding and contracting when exposed to heat
>>
File: pepe rage.png (487 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
pepe rage.png
487 KB, 900x900
>>51429698
What's the brand? I have new air, and I suspect that due to the remote and the electronic panel it generates that "humming" noise, it gets on my nerves! I want to get another one.
>>
>>51429718
bosch, bought it 4 years ago

if you can still return yours since it's new you should do it, just tell them it makes squeaky noises and you're concerned it's gonna explode and you've never had one make sounds like that before
>>
>>51429765
it doesn't many any squeaky noise, it's just that this low pitch silent humming is killing me, other regular people won't give a damn about it, but I do
>>
>>51429513
I have one beside my bed when I sleep. It doesn't make except for the clicking sound every once in a while like >>51429698 said. I think the clicking sound is actually the thing turning on and off to maintain the correct amount of heat.

You know the thing works well when it gets cold in a matter of minutes after turning it off.
>>
>>51429804
No that clicks don't bother me, is that constant low-pitch humming is what gets on my nerves.
>>
File: ayymao.jpg (92 KB, 906x669) Image search: [Google]
ayymao.jpg
92 KB, 906x669
>>51429443
yup
>>
>>51429889
but I thought AMD handled heat issues better than Nvidia?
>>
>>51429901
stock? neither are good
>>
>>51429901

it does, at stock clocks, it doesnt even make that much heat, but it does really work as a room heater lol
>>
>>51429443

I have one a little bigger than that. can take fucking ages to make the room warm sometimes but its nice when it gets there, i keep it set pretty low just to take the edge off
>>
>>51429443
I think in the closet upstairs we have one, but we haven't used it in years.
>>
>>51430612
>>51429513
>>
>>51429513
I have one never heard humming. It's got two knobs and no remote. Says maxheat on the front and if I remember right it was 30 burgerbucks.
>>
>>51429513
That's just the inverter, don't worry about it.

If you're trying to sleep and it's bothering you, just turn it to a higher temp so your room is warmer then turn it down before you go to bed so it'll be longer before it turns on.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.