[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it that Nvidia is the only company to make a wifi-direct
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: Screenshot_20151118-212722.png (562 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20151118-212722.png
562 KB, 1920x1200
Why is it that Nvidia is the only company to make a wifi-direct controller? If they really are the next best thing to wired shouldn't there be some of competitive device out by now?
>>
Because it's fucking worthless.
>>
>wifi
Is it ad-hoc or do I need to go through my wireless router? Why not just bluetooth directly to the device like we've been doing for years. Do bluetooth controllers have significant latency.
>>
File: jbzkq3CyZqrGeH.jpg (132 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
jbzkq3CyZqrGeH.jpg
132 KB, 600x450
Why would you even bother talking about shit like this.
>>
>>51425654
Because not all computers have Bluetooth capabilities, but literally almost all of them have some sort of wireless Internet capabilities. Wifi direct communicates directly with the pc, just like Bluetooth, but is much much faster.

Bluetooth is dog shit and needs to be phased out.
>>
>>51426225

Because its technology
>>
>>51426365

This is just plain wrong, any PC with wifi will 99% of the time have bluetooth

On the other hand a bluetooth adapter is $2, a wifi one is more.

Thanks for the retarded choice.
>>
>>51427984
A desktop pc? Lol. Where do you think you are?
>>
>>51428035

What would you use a controller like that for on any device thats not a gaming laptop?
And /g/ still hates gaming laptops.

Yeah I get your point
>>
>>51425436

>console grade controls?
So what, budget plastic shit grade?
>touch buttons
>so you can't get feedback at all

Love how nvidia is completely out of touch.
>>
>>51428086

Its speaking in terms of response time, most gamepads are slow because of bluetooth and they feel like cheap chinese crap
>>
>>51428178

Speaking what?
They just called it console grade controls - which last gen was bluetooth and wifi, and I assume still the same with the new gen.

If its actually better than that, why did they bother to point out that it is not?

I doubt it is anyway.
>>
>>51428223

Because these are designed specifically for Android (PC compatability on the side) the controller is considered far and away the highest quality one available for Android but is only available for Nvidia devices

The other things you're confused about are just bad reading comprehension
>>
>>51428178
>Bluetooth
>Slow
The fuck? Have you played a fucking Wii or Wii U?
Even the microsoft one works perfectly on PC/360
There is no lag at all.
>>
>>51428314

This is retarded, how many did you buy that you defend it so hard?
Or how much are you paid for this?
>>
>>51425436
>Expensive solution for poorfags who can't afford bluetooth adapters

>Expensive solution for poorfags
This is Nvidia incarnate.
>>
>>51428470
>>51428495

Pretty surr you guys have never used the bluetooth controllers for mobile, on emulated games there is a very noticeable lag between when you push buttons and when the emulated game reacts

>wii controllers

Just go back to /v/ already
>>
>>51428550
I have an android device and a PS3 and generic joypad, there is no lag at all.
I experience that but it was because of shitty emulators. Try other ones.
>>
>>51425436
>using controllers
gross
>>
File: controllers.jpg (166 KB, 720x912) Image search: [Google]
controllers.jpg
166 KB, 720x912
>>51428599
Also, >$60 for a controller
Ssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhit nigger, this 2 beauties is everything you could need for android gaming.
>>
>>51428655

Playstation controllers are literally the cancer tier of all controllers ever designed.
>>
>>51428692
Nigga you gay, Dualshock 3 is love, fuck off
>>
>>51426365
Only if ad-hoc which pretty much locks the wireless card (no internet/other networks through it). If this thing connects via infrastructure (to a router or AP) then it will have some latency compared to BT.
>>
>>51428698

Go back to reddit you sour cunt, that design is fucking stupid as shit.
>>
>>51428726
>nVidia shiells being this mad
>>
>>51428734

>implying I'm a shill
>implying anyone's hands find the DualShit comfy
>analogue sticks where?
>>
>>51428698

Playstation controls were shit
>>
>>
>>51427984
99% of the time? Where'd you get that statistic from?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.