[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
e-ink readers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 51JvAaCcxUL._SY355_.jpg (19 KB, 355x355) Image search: [Google]
51JvAaCcxUL._SY355_.jpg
19 KB, 355x355
I'm looking for a good reader for epubs pdfs cbzs etc.. so what do you guys use?

Pic related (nook simple touch) is looking to be the best bet after finding out kobo's discourage non-drm books.
>>
>>51424990
is there such thing as a decent colour ereader yet or is it a forgotten meme?
>>
>>51424990
>after finding out kobo's discourage non-drm books
In what way? Are you referring to how the desktop software they provide is basically a front-end for their store?
>>
>>51425080
How is that going to stop anyone?? Just download the pdf and use a csz converter.
>>
>>51425347
I don't know, that's why I was asking. I just use calibre to load all my pirated books onto my Kobo.
>>
Converting books is and always was shitty, unless it is between very similar formats. Luckily we have koreader which works on a fuckton of ereaders and can display almost any popular format you would ever want to throw at it.

About half a year ago I purchased kobo glo HD, and with koreader it is literally one of the purchases I've been most happy with. The only thing that bothered me for a while is a bug with koreader which makes it eat battery even when in standby mode, but luckily the fix is pretty simple: https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/1663

>>51425051
I don't remember that ever being a thing? At least not with the proper e-ink technology.
>>
>>51424990
You don't even need to use the kobo software, just use calibre.
>>
>>51425051
There's actually a few on the market but they're quite expensive.
>>
>>51425872
Jet book is the brand
>>
Really want Digital Paper to come down in price, it's been almost 2 years now and it's still 1,000. Perfect size for every kind of document, books, magazines, newspapers, scientific articles, comics, anything.

Plus the ability to write on it while simultaneously resting your hand on the device is probably the biggest milestone in tablets. This thing would be a dream to take maths notes on and notes in general. As it stands my method of taking notes is just to type them and typeset them as I go, but I wouldn't need to use LaTeX if I could just have a PDF of my notes and pass them through handwriting recognition
>>
>>51425922
How would you transport Digital Paper?
>>
Kindle paperwhite and calibre
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.