[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Today my country banned anonymous Prepaid SIM cards, from now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: sim-card.jpg (51 KB, 1000x723) Image search: [Google]
sim-card.jpg
51 KB, 1000x723
Today my country banned anonymous Prepaid SIM cards, from now on you need to show ID if you want to buy one.

So which freedoms is your country or jurisdiction restricting instead of rethinking their immigration policy?
>>
>>51423434
What country?
>>
If you understand that they're often used for triggers or crime it makes sense but it's still discouraging if you like some privacy.

I remember they photocopied my passport when I bought a prepaid SIM in Italy in 2011. But those things get traded among foreign exchange students like crazy...
>>
>>51423440
this

where you live, op?
>>
>>51423434
One day i'll just move to russia. Entire civilized world will be like Orwell's 1984 - with happy citizens successfully protected from harm - and i bet only russia will be honest in their privacy rapes.
>>
>>51423539
>implying Russia isn't going to reactivate the KGB
>>
I bought a pre-paid SIM card in the US last week for Tmobile and didnt have to give them nothing. All they asked was first name and birth date. last name was optional.
>>
>>51423464
>photocopied my passport

ripperino, you should never allow your passport to be copied except for your work. It could easily be misused to get loans and effectively steal your identity online.
>>
>>51423434
Is it feasible to order online and import a bunch of them?

>>51423549
>implying the KGB went anywhere
They just got a fresh coat of paint and a different name.
>>
>phones
>2015

Why does this obsolete technology still exist? Just use the actual internet fag
>>
>>51423539
ID was pretty much always required for SIM cards in Russia.
>>
>>51423440
>>51423525
Luxembourg, we don't even have many Muslims or problems with extremists) but I guess our weak incompetent prime minister just wanted to do something at all.

Many other countries that do this (like France and Belgium, look how much that helped) but so far we've had pretty good privacy rights here, like downloading copyrighted material is still legal etc., so it's sad to see stuff like this. It'll make life a tiny bit more cumbersome for drug dealers I'll admit but that's about it, at yet another loss of privacy.

>>51423630
You could hop over to Germany where you can still just give a fake name since they don't ask for ID but then you have a foreign number and it'll be expensive to use here. Still good for making bomb threats or harassing people I guess.
>>
>>51423706
They did the same in Spain and criminals still manage to get cards from pakistani vendors
>>
>>51423706
>Luxembourg
so they are gonna buy them in Belgium, Germany and France
>>
>>51424067
Well only in Germany but yeah, it only hurts normal people who genuinely prefer to have privacy because paying for roaming all the time and expecting your friends to pay for an international phone call whenever they want to call you isn't really viable.

Will be interesting to see once roaming costs are abolished in 2017, probably the EU will force all the remaining countries to ask for ID as well.
>>
but you still have your freedom, you are still allowed to make the choice of whether or not to purchase one of those. and nothing is stopping you from buying them
>>
>>51423434
Guns. It's Europe-wide.
Fuck the EU. They are just drooling retards.
>>
>>51424144
Please don't pretend to be stupid.

You lose the freedom to make phone calls, texts and browse the Internet anonymously.
>>
They're literally doing everything except fixing the core issue. Mass surveillance รก la USA after 9/11, confiscating and restricting legal weapons (while ignoring the copious amounts being smuggled in), and - would you believe it - increased efforts to reduce right wing extremism and racism. Because that's apparently the problem in motherfucking swedekekland.
>>
>>51424181
maybe if people gave a flying fuck about you that would be an issue. dont become a terrorist then buddy.

fucking tool
>>
>>51424150
no its not.
>>
>>51423434

>banning freedumbs

The real fix is simple:

No brown people=no explosions
>>
>>51424245
>no its not.
They're trying to BAN semi-auto guns. Semi-auto just mean it reloads automatically (has a spring loaded magazine).
>>
>>51424222
Okay tough guy. I actually haven't used a prepaid card in ages but unlike you I acknowledge the existence of other people in the world. People like journalists, people who want to give information to the police but are afraid of identifying themselves, people wanting to call suicide helplines or a thousand other reasons, or just anyone who doesn't want the phone company knowing every detail of his communications and possibly giving that information away or it leaking out due to an intrusion, as it happens all the time.
>>
>>51424258
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.