[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"ThinkPads have spill-proof keyboards!" >Let
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
>"ThinkPads have spill-proof keyboards!"
>Let a glass of cola slip out of my hands, half of it goes into the keyboard
>instantly shuts down and never boots up again

I got meme'd, didn't I?
>>
>>51423055
>cola

you dub goofed, regular coke will kill almost anything. besides, did you drain it properly...
>>
>>51423055
>glass of liquid diabetus
spotted the amerilard
>>
And the other half went into the mousepad.
The keyboard has spill protection, but everything else around it does not.
>>
ThinkPads look so good, and their hardware is excellent as well. Lovely laptops.
>>
If you pulled the battery out took it apart and cleaned it you might have been ok.

I killed a ram slot with some coffee on my T530. 8GB instead of 16GB now T.T
>>
Personally I don't expect anything to keep working if you pour soda inside.
>>
File: This kills the ThinkPad.jpg (693 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
This kills the ThinkPad.jpg
693 KB, 1000x750
>"ThinkPads have spill-proof keyboards!"
>spill on keyboard
>never boots up again
>>
What is worse, cola or dog piss? Because my fucking dog pissed on my laptop while it was on and I fell asleep. Thing still works and all, but leds don't turn on anymore, keyboard is dead and GPU fan only spins when in use. Will my motherboard eventually die?
>>
>>51423082
Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
>>51423140
It will completely die if you don't shut it down and clean it NOW
>>
>>51423153
This happened over a year ago when the laptop was relatively new. I clean it all I could and let it dry, but I want to know if the remains of dog piss that are impossible to remove are going to fuck some motherboard circuits eventually.
>>
>>51423191
Have you cleaned the motherboard?
>>
>>51423208
I did all I could, but didn't use water. It stinks of dog piss after all this years so I know I didn't remove all of the dog piss.
>>
>>51423102
lelelelele novo stinkpad
>>
>>51423231
dismantle, clean with cotton swaps, alcohol and distilled water.

replace the gpu fan and any LEDs while you are at it.
>>
>>51423231
You have to take it all apart and dry them. Ive spilled water on my keyboard before and i took it apart, dried it with fans overnight and put them back the next night and all works fine
>>
>>51423055
I spilled a full glass of water on my IdeaPad not too long ago. It's working totally fine, no issues
>>
>>51423257
Alright, will do. And I think the fan thingy is actually a GPU malfunction, since it only spins when the GPU is in use.

>>51423276
Well, shit is more than dried by now, but the keyboard still has some keys malfunctions, although most of it still works but I use an external one.
>>
>>51423353
just replace the keyboard, they cost pennies and its a 5 min job. Do that if nothing else.
>>
>>51423353
The piss shorted some keys when it was still on and a bunch of other stuff.
Try this >>51423483 or if you think it will die soon, just get a new one
>>
yes you got meme'd
>>
>>51423072
>spotted the amerilard
>spotted the jealous foreigner wirh poor teeth :^)
>>
OP here again. I just disassembled the keyboard and palmrest after letting it dry for 4 days in upside-down position. There is literally not one drop of anything on the mainboard/plastic film over the mainboard, so why the fuck isn't it booting? I tried using my old keyboard to start it up, so the keyboard isn't the culprit. Is it fucked?
>>
>>51425173
u
got
memed
>>
>>51425173
You probably didn't have a good seal on the holes that brought the water from the keyboard to the bottom of the laptop and it got onto the motherboard = your laptop is fucked
>>
>>51423055
Yes you did get meme'd. It's spill resistant at best, and even then it probably won't work in a real world spill situation.
I know because it happened to me.
>>
>>51425166
>>spotted the jealous foreigner wirh poor teeth :^)

https://www.google.co.uk/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=jUtOVofiDMTH8gfw96eQBA&gws_rd=ssl#q=mountain+dew+mouth
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.