[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
One Handed Keyboads
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: Left_handed_keyboard.png (294 KB, 597x392) Image search: [Google]
Left_handed_keyboard.png
294 KB, 597x392
Yo /g/, does anyone have experience with one handed typing? Any recommended devices for the job?

I'm looking at going full cyberpunk and making a wearable PC, and hauling around a 108 key would be a terrible solution.
>>
>>51422475
give some details about this pc
>>
>>51422475
Have sensors all over your body and program a dance move to a specific key.

So if you want to go to Youtube you just have the Mambo twice.
>>
>>51422475
>cyberpunk
>wearable PC

Just put Debian on a smartphone and use a bluetooth keyboard. Unless you want to be a cyberhipster and conform (heh) to the early-90s aesthetics. Then you should just GTFO
>>
Looks alright for gaming I guess, I just cant see it being efficient at typing. Why not just get a split keyboard and use strictly CLI for your wearable PC?
>>
>>51422490
buy raspberry pi
have somebody with a 3d printer make you a slim case with two slits so you can add a wrist strap
add one hand keyboard and small screen
the game is now being won
>>
File: Microwriter.png (657 KB, 512x683) Image search: [Google]
Microwriter.png
657 KB, 512x683
>full keyboard

Not nearly cyberpunk enough, you're going to want a chorded keyer
>>
>>51422570
how does that work?
>>
File: wearable_computer.jpg (96 KB, 554x386) Image search: [Google]
wearable_computer.jpg
96 KB, 554x386
>>51422490
>>
>>51422556

Not screen, that's for casuals. I'm going for some video goggles, but removing one eye.

So more like a constant video eye patch.

>>51422570
What's that called, I'm intrigued
>>
File: Steno-example.gif (24 KB, 499x512) Image search: [Google]
Steno-example.gif
24 KB, 499x512
>>51422592
Rather than having one key for every letter, you press combinations of keys.

Here's an example from a two-handed stenography keyboard, same basic principle but optimised for 240+ WPM typing instead of just looking cool.
>>
>>51422614
>What's that called, I'm intrigued
He literally wrote the name on his post, are you sure you're capable of making a computer if you can't even read?
>>
>>51422631

OK dipshit, I'll be clearer for you.

What is that make and model of chording keyboard?
>>
>>51422669
I won't spoonfeed you
>M_c______e_ __4 (1980 model)
wanna play hangman?
>>
>>51422628
Oh so this is the shit they use in courtrooms and whatnot? Do you basically have to learn a new language?
>>
>>51422738

Almost. But once learnt, it's quick as hell.

Court stenography machines use 2 hands though, so no good for OPS purposes
>>
>>51422738
Not entirely, but writing phonetically takes practice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wpv-Qb-dB6g#t=3m50s
>>
>>51422830
This was a really cool watch. Still, she does mention a few times that steno is a two-handed input system.
>>
http://m.instructables.com/id/Chording-Keyboard-BLE-and-USB

Man up OP, make your own
>>
You can make a Bluetooth chorded keyboard out of an old wiimote if you are remotely competent with EE. Just need some switches and a way to make the case.
>>
>>51422499
Underrated post is underrated.
>>
>>51423121
I already told you steno is two-handed, ya dingus

I also said that steno is a type of chorded typing input, similar but not identical to one-handed keyers.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.