[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HALP /g/ I just bought a new laptop specs: geforce 920m with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 2.jpg (941 KB, 2959x1978) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
941 KB, 2959x1978
HALP /g/ I just bought a new laptop

specs: geforce 920m with INTEL GRAPHICS
i3
4gb ram

IT CRASHES BIOSHOCK AND FUCKING TORCHLIGHT 2 even in 1080p resolution

WHAT THE FUARK

how do i solve this problem???

pic unrelated
>>
Install Gentoo.
>>
>>51419543
Whats that?
>>
>>51419565
it will solve all your problems, you just need to install it.
>>
>>51419535
Make sure all drivers are up to date, go direct to your laptops support page and get them from there.
>>
>laptop
>intel graphics
>games
ahahahahhhahahhahhhhahahahhahhahhhahah
>>
>>51419631
It's not just Intel graphics. There's an NVIDIA GeForce 920m there and I am only playing low-end games.

>>51419613
All the drivers are up to date. I think it's because of the extra Intel HD graphics card and I have to disable it. What do you think?
>>
>>51419844
does it work if you start the game with the intel card?
right click, select graphics chip, intel
>>
>>51419917
I haven't tried that since NVIDIA is the better GPU. If it does not work, would it freeze the laptop? I am kinda scared of trying it since I do not want the laptop to freeze since I have to take the battery out just to shut it down. Also, thanks for helping.
>>
Often games will run with your igpu by default.

To get around this, you can poke around with the nvidia control panel or by rightclicking the .exe for the game and choosing the nvidia gpu.

If it keeps happening after you've tried everything, something is probably wrong with it.
>>
>>51419986
Yeah, if the gpu fucks up under load return the laptop, its faulty
>>
>>51419986
>>51420010
I have chosen the NVIDIA GPU as the default from the start. It always crashes. Do you suppose it has something to do with my games being pirated?
>>
Gentoo user here, Bioshock Infinite and Torchlight 2 work flawlessly with Optimus.
>>
>>51419535
>920m

Theres your first problem. That GPU is utter shit.

>4gb ram
Second problem. Not enough for many modern games
>>
Do the games crash using the Integrated Graphics? I had a problem running games with my Nvidia gpu when I installed Windows 10 and had the latest drivers. Games would only work on Integrated graphics. Went back to Win7 and no crashing using my nvidia chip.
>>
>>51419535
Your computers specs are worse than a tablet
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.