[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will you push the button /g/? >All of the world immediately
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: command.installgentoo.all.jpg (52 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
command.installgentoo.all.jpg
52 KB, 1280x720
Will you push the button /g/?

>All of the world immediately drops Windows and OSX and Android, and embraces open source, free as in both beer and freedum, Linux

>But you, and you alone, must endure using Windows 10 Super Botnet Edition for the rest of your life. No VM's, no remote kernel command lines, no exceptions. You are a martyr.
>>
no I like OS X
>>
No...
>>
What makes you think you can stop me from using GNU/linux?
>>
>>51417430
I am already running Windows 10 with telemetry enabled and Office 365 integration.

I can save the world literally by doing nothing right now.
>>
If everyone used free software there would not be so many malicious people to receive the datamining from windows 10.
I would push the button.
I could be that hipster who could play games from the era where games were made while I rebuild all the features I want.
Knowing I have saved the world from the worst enemy since terrorism I could do that.
>>
> implying I couldn't get another HDD to install Gentoo to
:^)
>>
>>51417430
That's about the only way it'll happen.
Even giving it away free hasn't worked.
Mass postings on forums haven't worked.
Perhaps if there was some percieved value...?
>>
>>51418022
Thats not the point, fuckboi.
>>
>implying Linux won't just get ruined
Think about it
>suddenly nobody can boot windows, and 95% of the world is forced to use Linux
>non Linux hobbyists who don't understand its philosophy outweight the numbers who do
>companies begin to make systemd tier software because muh profits
>so much close sourced software that stallman kills self
It'll be just like eternal september
>>
>>51417674
But you'll be the only person in the world using microshaft office and their docx extension when everyone will move on to odf and they will soon forget your existence, which is the point of the post. To die a martyr. Cold. Alone. With nothing but Microshit Wangblows 10.
>>
Sure, it might be nice to have the only computer in the world that actually works.
>>
>>51418120
But the entire world is embracing it. Companies are made up of people. If all of them are suddenly embracing open source, then they'll be making FOSS for the benefit of humanity.
>>
File: 1443521908130.jpg (57 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1443521908130.jpg
57 KB, 640x640
>>51418201
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.