[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The decline of BB and WP OS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: smartphoneosmarketshare.png (826 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
smartphoneosmarketshare.png
826 KB, 1200x900
What went wrong /g/? BB and Windows use to be the shit in 09' and now they lie in a hospital bed awaiting death.
>>
They were both dogshit from the start. When people needed to get shit done they turned to android or ios.
>>
>>51415872
the industry doesn't "go wrong" it just changes. It's silly to choose a brand and defend it like an ideology.

All this products offered pretty much the same. Right now people like mostly 2. That might change, it might continue, or me might move on to some other device and smartphones will die just like beepers, fax machines, etc. Back in 95 it was insane to think beepers would go obsolete and dissapear completely, just like right now it unthinkable to exist without a smartphone.

BB and WP will dissapear, but it doesn't mean iOS and Android will reign supreme forever. As I said, things change.

You sit down and witness it. And chill the fuck out.
>>
>>51416090
I just kinda feel bummed out I guess. WP had so much potential like BB yet both are now dying. Life is cruel anon, I don't want them to die.
>>
Android phones are bloated and filled with malware/spyware and security holes. Its as bad as flash in the security department and worse than everyone on resources. But what do you expect from a advertising company. You all are inadvertently supporting a advertising company. Anyone who defends google on /g/ is a fucking shill and should be gutted.
>>
File: 1438128324464.jpg (87 KB, 635x803) Image search: [Google]
1438128324464.jpg
87 KB, 635x803
>>51416278
I enjoy google products.
>>
>>51415872
Microsoft had Steve Ballmer, who almost ruined the whole company. Fortunately Microsoft is too heavy to actually crash, so the company survived easily (which is unfortunate imo).

Blackberry is just an uncreative heap of people and they didn't come up with anything. Look even at the most recent attempts to regain marketshare. Their only selling points are their shitty keyboards nobody really wants any longer and their security features, which are fair. That's simply not enough for today's customers.
>>
File: task-manager[1].jpg (26 KB, 250x333) Image search: [Google]
task-manager[1].jpg
26 KB, 250x333
>dogshit ugly phones
>horrible UI
>clunky hardware keyboard
>having to manage your windows mobile app like a pc
>locked to a carrier's app store with carrier-approved apps
>buy this ringtone for $1.99!
>expensive as all shit
>>
>>51416515
lol I remember that shit
>>
>>51416327
Sexually?
>>
>>51415872
android can be put on any phone
more manufacturers = more choices
people like choices

there's also more cheap phones with android, and there's a lot of people who don't need more than a cheap phone
>>
>>51416515
it looked cool tho :(
>>
>>51415872
>muh apps
>>
>>51416327
you are the product
you enjoy google services
>>
>>51416148
And Meego, which Nokia killed for WP, also had so much potential. Just a big series of blunders.
>>
>>51415872
Android is more open, more free in every sense, and has the lion's share of apps and mindshare. Imagine trying to dislodge Windows from desktop use if it was open source.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.