[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't more /g/eniuses use Opensuse /g/? >Easy-to-use
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 1447177684152.png (964 KB, 960x651) Image search: [Google]
1447177684152.png
964 KB, 960x651
Why don't more /g/eniuses use Opensuse /g/?

>Easy-to-use installer
>Best package manager
>Stable and easy to use
>Sponsored by actual professionals
>Caters to both beginners and experienced users
>>
ok
>>
me on the top left
>>
But I do use it daily
>>
me on the bottom left
>I don't share your enthusiasm, but I also do not feel compelled to dispute what is currently happening right now
>>
>>51415676
I want to take them home
>>
idk, how many people on /g/ are european? suse has more of a market there.
>>
Maybe new friends don't know about suse.

>>51416171
On /pol/ there are quite a few europeans, so possibly quite a few here, but I don't know.
>>
I'm already using Debian. It works just fine and occasionally benefits from being the base of many other distros.

Something about the bully's expression is disturbing me.
>>
>>51415797
>>51416034
Me on the top right
>>
Trisquel works for me and is free as in freedom. Also, suse is buggy on my hardware. Fedora isn't much better either on my other laptop
>>
>>51419985
ur shit.
>>
>>51415797
what's it like being worst girl

>>51419985
I don't see anyone top right?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYRlTISvjww
>>
But I do OP-san. Runs on both my home servers, just upgraded them to Leap last week.

OpenSUSE isn't a popular distro on /g/ because the reality with /g/ is that most of the linuxfags here are ricers or newfags who want to look cool using a command line. But if you don't care and just want something working and easy to fix then it's the best distro.

>tfw you installed with ext4 and can't use Snapper now
>>
>best package manager

Sure doesn't look like emerge to me.
>>
>>51422536
I'm fairly certain ext4 can be converted to btrfs, if you want it.

And Kyoko is the best. Virginfags can fuck off.
>>
>>51422576
Can it really?? I've never heard of that before
>>
>>51422671
It's been awhile since I checked
https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Conversion_from_Ext3
so I guess it might not be that great anymore as the warning says.
>>
>>51415676
I agree with all those points, especially zypper being the best. It really is the only package manager in the ~15 years I've been using Linux that has never given me a single problem.

However. Like all rpm distros the repos are annoyingly small. I've never had trouble finding the software I want, but I dislike having to go to their open build service (which is great, don't get me wrong) to get it. So I use Debian. Yes, the main repos aren't that much bigger, but at least getting hold of everything else just involves quickly editing sources.list and using the same interface.

If they chucked everything on OBS into one repo and let you add it to zypper's sources, I'd switch in a heartbeat.
>>
>>51422840
What packages in particular? I've never had a problem with finding things in the repos after enabling Packman.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.