[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a Aspire V5-571P and I'm looking for help getting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: acer-error-system-locked[1].jpg (43 KB, 501x301) Image search: [Google]
acer-error-system-locked[1].jpg
43 KB, 501x301
I have a Aspire V5-571P and I'm looking for help getting the bios password. It's one of those shitty new UEFI laptops that has a bios password from factory, and it's pissing me off. Tried several online password finder thingys but none worked so far. Already took it apart, removed the CMOS battery for 30 minutes, and put it back together - password is still there. Any other ideas for removing the BIOS password?
>>
Give it back, habib
>>
>>51415047
I've had it for over a year, gathering dust. noone to give it back to,or believe me, I would.
>>
File: 1447870847510.jpg (41 KB, 653x257) Image search: [Google]
1447870847510.jpg
41 KB, 653x257
>>
>>51415193
Just tried that exact program, from here
http://bios-pw.org/
The password it gave me didn't work.

Also, I can fail the password 3 times and it will give me a new "hint". If I enter this hint in it gives me a DIFFERENT master code. If the algorithm it uses was correct, every hint my laptop gives should give the same result for master code - but it doesn't.

Any other ideas?
>>
>>51415023
Tyrone, you know what you've done.

Give it back.
>>
Its very interesting that removing the BIOS password doesn't solve this problem. I am guessing it has some shitty little like, 512b of flash memory onboard specifically to remember it needs a password and what that password is.

It's already literally a paperweight, why don't you try fucking around with the board itself and see if you can flash the bios to factory by some electrical engineering fuckery.
>>
>>51415567
>removing the BIOS password doesn't solve this problem

Sorry, I meant CMOS battery.

Time for bed, maybe.
>>
>every hint my laptop gives should give the same result for master cod

thats not how it works, it makes a new master code based on the hash shown. that was to prevent people from writing the master on paper and taping it to the back of the computer. try all of the programs not just the ones that say for a specific bios.
>>
>>51415023
Call customer support? Order a new bios chip and replace it?
>>
>>51415023
>that has a bios password from factory
Do you people now call "white men I steal from" factories? Is that new slang?
>>
>>51415876
But that means white dude I stole it from won't be able to unlock it either!
>>
>>51415023

Tyrone give it back.
>>
>>51415023

>stealing laptops
>2015
>>
>>51415023
Nice try Tyrone.
>>
>>51415023
Hirens bootCD has tools that will crack this for you, other than that I would try and find a circuit schematic for this model which can be used to reverse engineer the security system.
>>
>>51415023
Go back to making clocks Ahmed.
>>
>>51415023
probably nothing you can do thief, I put a bios password on a new asus laptop before going on holiday then I forgot. I tried all the shit tools, removing cmos battery, shorting all the jumpers on the mobo and so on but nothing worked. I called asus for the "master" password but they don't even put one in for safety measure but they offered me to send it in to flash the bios.
>>
>>51420756
fucking ASUS lol
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.