[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Well /g/ One of the saddest days of my life happen today
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>Well /g/ One of the saddest days of my life happen today
>I got rid of my first computer it got too old.
> it was a Windows 98.
>and i had to destroy the total fuck out of it
> it had to be done
>>
A 98 windows 16GB hard drive
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 480x336) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 480x336
>>51414480
I forgot to send the picture
>>
>>51414467

why the fuck did you had to destroy your pc?
are you fucking retarded?
you could have cleaned the shit out of it, and save it in a safe place for years, and when your grandchildren ask how were the computers back then you show them this pc.
holy fuck.
>>
WHY WOULD YOU DESTROY THIS?! these were dells best computers of their time.
>>
>>51414467
classic gaming rig
gone

congratulations
>>
>>51414467
OH my why didn't you recycle that PC to a ewaste recycling center.
why are stupid people like this, So wasteful
>>
wow so badass op
come I clap for you
>>
>>51414712
>4chan user
>grandchildren
>>
>>51414467
>one easily replaceable part is broken
>muh let's destroy everything
just kill yourself fucking mongoloid piece of shit underage faggot
>>
>>51414467
>GUYS MY CONPUTER IS SUPER FAST NOW I CAN PLAY FALLOUT 4 ON MY FAST HIGH PERFORANCE COMPUTER BROKEN!
>>
>>51414480
Wait how can Windows be 98 if drive 16????
>>
>>51414467
baby want a bottle?
>>
>>51414467
>I destroyed a PC for no reason
>Bawwww!
Could have donated it to a school, or an orphanage.
>>
>>51414712
For what fucking purpose? That's literally going to be junk sitting around for 40-50 years just so you can show your grandchildren something you could show them using a hologram or some shit.

>>51416637
It's a windows 98 machine. There is nothing there worth replacing, any replacements are going to cost more due to their rarity than current equivalents.
>>
>>51416659
you could have sold the parts on ebay easily if you had no more use for it.
>>
You could've installed Linux on it.
>>
>>51416687
I've always dreamed of making 3 dollars for an hour of my time.
>>
>>51416659
Donate it. Places like Good Will resell that stuff to people like me. You could still dump the corpse at a GoodWill pickup site.
>>
>>51416706
>shitstained floor
>dusty shit tier chair
>retard destroying stuff for nothing
yeah you don't reek poverty at all
>>
>>51416706
If you are in the USA, I believe you can spend a few minutes to put it up on "List of Craig" telling people that it is $25 if they come and pick it up.
>>
>>51416706
Kekd. You're totally right too. Idk why people think someone's gonna buy any computer part that old for anything.
>>
>>51414467
Good thing. I don't like uncontrollably hoarding shit and dwelling on the past. Get rid of clutter, just fuck it. Throwing stuff away feels good for the soul and destroying them before is fun. No idea what's wrong with the people on this board. Things get old and shitty, you get rid of them and move on.

>>51416687
As if it's even is worth the time.
>>
>>51416659
>any replacements are going to cost more due to their rarity than current equivalents.

So wait, did you destroy a valuable machine or was it too expensive to maintina
>>
>>51416971

Such a wasteful attitude, I didn't die on the sunny beaches of Vietnam for some little shit like you to waste scrap metal.

Go back to your bong, you communist hippy and while you're "high" get a fucking job and a haircut.
>>
>>51416990
How is it wasteful? Just bring the parts to a recycling center or whatever and that's about the best you can do with these parts. Nobody is ever going to use a PC that old.
>>
>>51417007

You're destroying something that still functions, that someone less privileged WOULD use if they had the option which at it's base level is made out of resources which are finite in nature.

If you can't re-purpose old tech at the very least, you don't deserve to constantly upgrade. Only when something is entirely broken is it to be considered worthless and even at that point it still shouldn't be fucking trashed and thrown into a landfill.

Any old system we take in is upgraded with the myriad of old parts we have laying around and gifted to either low income families or underfunded schools.
>>
Who the fuck does this kind of shit?
>>
>>51414467
You're and idiot and you do not deserve a computer. I hope you get shingles.
>>
>>51414927
This.

Should have kept the case tbqh, iconic of the period and can be re-used. Depends on how much sun its had in its life though whether the color is right
>>
>>51417167
Jesus, so many people on this board have a problem with compulsive hoarding. My brother is the same way. He used to have three old computers at our parent's place. He didn't touch them for fucking years.
>No, you can still use it, no it doesn't boot, I think it just needs a new HDD

My father finally got fed up and gave them to recycling. My parents used to drive over to his appartment to clean up frequently, as he kept boxes and other shit
>Maybe I need them to send something back!
>They might be valuable at some point!

Luckily he got himself a girlfriend who manages his problems.
>>
>>51414467
Abusing quotes is against the rules.
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>51417056
a fucking rPi is more powerful than this old shit and uses much less energy such that it can be powered by a small solar cell or a handcrank generator.
Not even a hobo would use this PC
not even a hobo would use win 98
>>
good job, well done, congratulations

you killed old system and now you are big bad windows 98 killer

grrrrrrr
>>
>>51416653
i had win98 on a 8gb drive
literally had just enough room for red alert2
>>
File: CAM00214.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
CAM00214.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1920
>>51414467
I'm saving mine
>>
>>51416659
>he gets it

It's weird how many people on this site seem to be hoarders.
>>
>>51414467
Wheres the video, I wanna see you smash it
>>
>>51420451
>pcie graphics card
>old
>>
>>51414467
I've been over the years upgrading my 90's Pentium 3, which currently is a core i3.
>>
Why destory it?
Ive still got a pentium 3 w98 machine, although the PSU is dead.
>>
>>51414467
You did good OP, these faggots dont know how to let go...
Reason why they dont have girlfriends, they still like the same girl since 3rd grade
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.