[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ASP.net 5 and Cross platform CLR
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: ado.png (79 KB, 806x768) Image search: [Google]
ado.png
79 KB, 806x768
Release candidates for ASP.net 5 and the Core CLR for Loonix and OS X have been released today.

How hyped are you? Where were you when Java lost all right to exist?

It's over.
>>
>Java is killed by Microsoft
>all those freshly graduated Java typists in complete distress
Thank God this travesty has finally ended.
>>
>>51406102
So, is WPF ported?
No?

Then nothing has changed at all.
>>
>>51406102
>using microBotNet for anything
>shiggy

Although Java does suck ass when it comes to look, feel, and usability for the end user. But .NET's UI frameworks aren't cross platform, and I have no reason to believe they won't be shit if they ever make it.
>>
>>51406156
WPF got postnatally aborted. Like a fetus, just discard that garbage.
>>
>>51406102
just give me VS for unix MS kuks
>>
>>51406183
Soooo, what is the recent way to create a cross platform UI in .Net?

It better not be some half-assed binding to GTK this time.
>>
>>51406231
There isn't any way. Use C++ with Qt like any other sane person.

.NET killing off Java doesn't mean a lot since both are absolute shite. We're just glad one of them is gone now.
>>
>>51406156
>WPF
>WINDOWS
>PRESENTATION
>FOUNDATION

>WINDOWS

It just isn't a cross platform GUI toolkit. It's focused on Windows Exclusively. If you want to develop apps for Loonix or OS X, use GTK# and MonoMac / Xamarin Mac.

That's the way it's supposed to be done. If you seriously use one GUI toolkit to create one GUI for all platforms, you're doing it wrong. OS X and Windows applications have totally different guidelines.
Loonix doesn't matter, though, since it has none. Just slap inputs and labels everywhere and make sure that it doesn't scroll properly with the application window and that's all the guidelines there are, according to the applications I've seen so far.

.net can now be used to make GUIs for pretty much every relevant platform in existance. You even get to choose the language. (Iron)Python? F# (Ocaml)? C#(Java in good)? Even Visual Basic if you swing that way. Or C++/CLI for optimized native code.

Speaking of native code, CrossGen is coming soon, which is an AOT compiler for .net sources.

>>51406207
They open sourced Visual Studio Code (the text editor) today: https://github.com/microsoft/vscode
I doubt that the entirety of Visual Studio is going to be ported.
>>
>>51406153
>all devs simply switch to C# cause the differences between those two languages can be learned in a single day
Or actually they don't, cause C# isn't really doing too good compared to Java.
>>
>>51406256
>Qt
>Reinventing the entire C++ standard library and making it not work with C++11 for no reason

No thx.
>>
What exactly does this mean?
>>
>>51406365
.net framework for Linux and OS X has officially left the beta phase and is now supported officially by Microsoft.

ASP.net 5, their web framework, is also out of beta now.
>>
>>51406467
So this means that now you can compile .net applications for Linux and OSX right?
We should expect more ports of Windows programs and more programs in general using .net?
>>
File: image_1.png (38 KB, 578x712) Image search: [Google]
image_1.png
38 KB, 578x712
Replace a shit bloated VM language with a shit bloated CLR language

Great fucking idea retard
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.