[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HELP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4
File: 1436093699185.jpg (27 KB, 314x263) Image search: [Google]
1436093699185.jpg
27 KB, 314x263
>3x Plugin.exe appear in task manager
>constantly restarting if I end task so cant delete origin folder
>start PC in safe mode and manage to delete the folder, exes dissappear
>next time I start PC 3 Plugin.exe there again
>Download Malwarebytes anti malware
>one of the hits is the folder I was trying to delete, its there again
>Malwarebytes "cleanes" up the mess
>go on google, type 4chan
>Adware shows up hijacking my search and taking priority over regular search (regular results are at the bottom)
>ads by outrageous deals
>look up how to remove
>end up scanning the whole pc with like 5 programs
>most of them, including malwarebytes found some useless shit
>spy hunter 4
>finds 50 hits, with detailed descriptions
>its exactly what I was looking for
>cant remove hits without buying
>try manually, delete some of the shit (was not effective)
>out of desperation, download avg
>hour later, fucking nothing
So everyone is like, malwarebytes is all you need, but here I scanned with a bunch of shit, removed all my profiles from google (the entire directory for cookies, bookmarks etc)
Looked trough multiple guides, searched control pannel (even for alternate names, if it was hiding, nothing suspicios)
And still, if I go on my fresh fucking newborn google and type in 4chan, ads by outrageous deals is quick to follow... Fucking why?
>>
>>51405125
how do you people get viruses?
>>
>>51405125
Download unlocker, delete files
>>
>>51405125
>going through all that bullshit

Just delete all binaries and overwrite your boot partition with a clean image.
>>
>>51405125
easy.
>move everything you care for to external storage/another partition
>delete C:/
>Re-install.
Repeat if it happens again..

Or the superior solution:
-Erase HDD
-Install Gentoo (Or just any Linux other than Ubuntu, really.)
It won't happen again
?!!!?!?!?!?!
PROFIT!! STALLMANISM1!!
>>
>>51405175
What's wrong with Ubuntu?
>>
>>51405151
what people? This is the first time im dealing with this shit and I've been running windows for 15 years with no protection what so ever
>>51405164
I do not understand
>>51405168
reinstall windows? fuck...
>>51405175
Is there really no other way to clean up a bit of fucking adware other than a reinstall?
>>
>>51405125
git gud
>>
>>51405228
You can never be sure that it isn't still there unless you wipe fucking everything.

If you have a boot partition and an image of a clean Windows installation (patched, with all programs you need installed) you can just overwrite that partition with it.
Takes like 5 minutes.
If you don't have that, make it this time.

Clonezilla is a good free solution for that.
>>
>>51405283
So here is how its gonna go down
>If you have a boot partition and an image of a clean Windows installation (patched, with all programs you need installed)
Im gonna search my drawer for my old fucking windows 7 installation, gonna copy my important stuff folder to an external and then destroy everything and install shitdose 7
Although I would like to do what you asked, there is no way I can, because I am such a scrub
Tnx for the advice mayne
>>
>>51405218
>>51405218
m8, I really don't want to explain this again, especially since I'm already having an argument with someone over on the /g/ wiki about Ubuntu.

>>51405228
see
>>51405283
and to be bluntly honest with you, adware and general Windows crapware has gotten so parasitic, and so tricky these days, that when automatic software detection and removal doesn't work, and the basic old tricks don't work, it's easier at that point to re-install completely. And you also get to enjoy the New Install Windows Speed Boost(tm)
>>
File: 1445041315032.jpg (253 KB, 2048x1447) Image search: [Google]
1445041315032.jpg
253 KB, 2048x1447
>have to reinstall your entire os because of some random malware
>waste an entire day setting everything up again

haha windows users
when will they learn
>>
>>51405458
I'd use your operator tier OS if I knew how
From what I heard, anyone whos not a tech wizz should steer clear of all that gnu/linux stuff
Many games have issues running on it
and isnt it also a hell lotta more manual than windows?
>>
>>51405125

Use this you goddamn faggot.

http://www.techsupportall.com/adware-removal-tool/

We use it everyday to cleanup home customer machines.
>>
adwcleaner, rkill, combofix, Junkware removal tool (JRT) are all things you can get from bleeping computer and are very effective.
>>
>>51405525
Haha, funny guy, I did use that, got about 2 hits and nothing changed
>>
>>51405509
Your best bet is to learn how to reinstall windows faster.
>>
>>51405548
trying combo fix now
>>
>>51405458

>have to reinstall your entire os because of some random update that breaks everything
>waste an entire day setting everything up again

haha linux users
when will they learn
>>
clean temp folder, use a linux livecd to delete the binaries, look for suspicious scheduled tasks, run mbam again
>>
Is OP actually 12?
>>
combo fix didnt work

no idea what this means >>51405703
not everyone is a tech wizz, and I tried a bunch of things >>51405761
>>
>windows users
>>
Trying Rkill now

Its pretty amazing that spy hunter 4 got everything down to the last registry entry and suspicious cookie,
but all these other programs cant find the same thing.. fuck me
>>
>a day in the life of a windows user
>>
>rkill
fuuuuuuuuck
why is one instance of adware so hard to remove
and I dont have that windows 7 installation anymore

Gonna end up going on pirate bay and looking up windows 7 ultimate or something
Id even pay those ten bucks to spy hunter 4 since its the only one that found the core of the problem... no means of online payment though
>>
actually, im probably gonna ignore the adware for a few days in favor of playing games
If this is all the defense a windows machine can provide im not impressed at all...
Any /g/ related memes that apply to me?
>>
make sure you are doing this offline. I swear some malware adapts if you're online
>>
File: gulp.jpg (142 KB, 600x1010) Image search: [Google]
gulp.jpg
142 KB, 600x1010
>>51406017
feels like fighting pic related
>>
Just reinstall windows. It's that god damn simple. Does it take time? Yes, if you use a HDD.
>>
>>51406058
Where is the freshest supple supply of windows 7 installations? Always had other people do it for me
>>
>>51406079
Might as well just get Windows 10.
>>
>>51406103
woahoah, there, satan.
I've seen my brothers laptop, no tnx
>>
>Spy Hunter
what the fuck is up with today and /g/ thinking spy hunter is legit
infections like to install browser extensions nowadays, check there. shit might not even be on your computer anymore except for the extension. if it reinstalls itself afterwards, then you'll want to use whatever various tools to kill it
>>
>>51406542
used a shitload of tools and it was never in the extensions to begin with.
The various tools didnt work
>>
>>51406595
if this was years ago i would have recommended getting HiJackThis and posting a log, but it's been so long that i don't know if it's even still used.
best i can do without being there is tell you to check bleepingcomputer's guides and forums
>>
>>51406079
Digital River Mirrors
>>
>>51405125
>3x Plugin.exe appear in task manager
>.exe
Uninstall wine.
>>
>>51405125
Contact Commonsense 2k15 customer care service.
>Protip: Next time use a proper antivirus or better a proper OS.
>>
what's the name of this adware op?
>>
>>51409107
outrageous deals
>>
>>51405458
Dude it takes me about half an hour with ninite
>>
File: john.jpg (31 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
john.jpg
31 KB, 640x480
>>51405125
>Windows
You deserve whatever happens.
>>
Nuke it from orbit, fag.
>>
Make new text document and put eicar code in it and if you have AV it will instantly quarantine everything inside of that folder, then just delete it from quarantine
>>
>windows
>>
>>51409867
Nah the folder was done with a while ago, this shit is something deeper, problem is trial expired for malwarebytes and the old ver is shit. Spy hunter 4 found the bugger but wouldnt clean the pc without buying. The other programs couldnt even find it.
>>
>>51406805
>http://mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/

so these are 100% clean windows isos? Just download the one I want, burn it into a dvd/usb and install?

Also what's a good and trustworthy activator?
>>
Ayy lmao
[/g/ edition]
>>
>>51405125

It's easy anon.

Step 1: format c:\
Step Gentoo: Install 2
>>
>>51405604
>have to replace your hardware because some random update cuases error53
Apple users, when will they learn?
>>
>>51405125
If you take the time to find all the offending files and remove them you wouldn't have this problem OP. Strongly recommend using "Procmon" and filtering one by one.
>>>/sqt/
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.