[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm an indian fag and here the graphic card prices are way
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 1
File: msi960-1b.jpg (239 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
msi960-1b.jpg
239 KB, 1920x1080
I'm an indian fag and here the graphic card prices are way too overpriced. Last month i bought a gtx 960 4GB and now im kinda regretting it after looking at how bad it performs. Should i sell it and get a 970?

How to improve the card's performance?
>>
I used the 770 in place of he 960 in benchmarks because anandtech didn't review it, but take a look at the second link and you can see that the 770 is slightly better than the 960, and in the first link I have the 970 FTW vs a 770. You can see the performance improvements.
http://anandtech.com/bench/product/1037?vs=1354

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8_bZMbJ9vM
>>
The 960 is a high-value performance card.
If you want more performance you need to stop being poor, or get used to only running things at 60fps.
>>
>>51404385
it doesnt run recent games @60fps 1080p. its not too good for 1080p
>>
>>51404407

wut? my 960 is great at 1080p. turn some useless effects down and you'll get good fps. (e.g., god rays in fo4)
>>
>>51404407
Are you running a pentium 4?

Get a better processor dude. The 960 is a great card.
>>
>>51404433
>128 bit bus
>great
>2015
rofl, just rofl
>>
>>51404433
nope. FX 6300
>>
>>51404461
It's fine for a 2GB card
>>
Return it to the designated shitting street.
>>
>>51404482
Fuck off, i dont eat curry or shit on streets like others. Infact i hate my country and the fact that im a filthy indian.
>>
>>51404464
You can rest assured that you are cpu-bound in certain titles these days. The 960 is shit but it's not your biggest problem, Nishit.
>>
>>51404240
Poo
>>
>>51404493
DESIGNATED
>>
>>51404496
So,.. new card + CPU ?
>>
>>51404493
Self loathing man, get some pride in your race, you don't have to act like you're better than everyone, just don't have to be ashamed.
>>
>>51404240
Not doing your research and getting the Radeon 390
>>
>>51404513
If you can afford, yes. But if one at a time, do CPU first.
>>
>>51404513
It really depends on how much you can spend. The problem is the CPU platform you are on. Seriously diminishing returns on FX series AMD CPUs since they just have poor single threaded performance, which is still so important for games. Someone else can post some benchmarks, but if you are playing any game that is CPU intensive, and there are a few out there, then you are taking a serious performance hit with that CPU.

One way you can test for that easily is to set your game resolution to the lowest possible setting. If you are still getting slowdowns and inconsistent FPS, you'll be able to tell if your CPU is keeping you down.
>>
>>51404516
+1

OP is letting the banter get to him and pretending to be better to appease to /pol/tards.

This is coming from a fellow Indian.
>>
>>51404510
SITTING
>>
>>51404493
I'm not even remotely close to being indian but I never understood how curry is considered derogatory? It's fucking delicious.
>>
>>51404598
I'm assuming that he's not saying it's offensive, but stereotypically when someone thinks about food that Indians eat, you usually think of curry, and by saying that he doesn't eat curry I'm assuming he wants us to establish that he is nothing like the typical Indian.
>>
>>51404240
You should get a 380x
>>
>>51404417
love my ultra settings with extra god rays on the side with my 980
>>
>>51404482
>>
>>51404240
if you do sell it, just buy an R9 390 or the cheaper R9 290 (which is pretty close in performance) Sapphire version of both. I got the Sapphire R9 390 and it's great and SILENT. (it performs better than the gtx970)
>>
>>51406707
>it performs better than the gtx970

depends on the application. i had both cards here and couldnt notice a huge difference. the 970 was better to overclock (up to 1550MHz) and stayed cool. problem might be the 3,5GB, but i only encountered the problem when really forcing the card to run into the 3,5GB wall. in other games like witcher 3 the 390 did produce some weird stutter. dont know why.
>>
>>51406779
I'm not talking about huge difference..It's just slightly better overall with a lot more vram, where there are games like gta vi that use 6 at max..PLUS, i was worried too about temps and noise and did a lot of research and the Sapphire version is by far the best if you go for AMD. cool and QUIET (totally silent until it reaches 50% if i remember correctly).
And more importantly, if u got a nice CPU, u can run PhysX off of it, so u experience the same effects as with an nvidia card. I did that on borderlands 2 and worked FLAWLESSLY :D
Overall, i'm really glad i bought that card
>>
>>51406929
>slightly better overall
no it's not. the cards are at best equal on average. and if you play stuff like project cars or the new anno then the 970 is unfortunately the better choice.

>games like gta vi that use 6 at max
also bs. the moment you make GTA V use 4-5GB (heavy AA, downsampling) the pure raw power of neither of these cards is enough to stay above 30FPS
>>
>>51407044
>and if you play stuff like project cars or the new anno then the 970 is unfortunately the better choice
keep in mind that the AMD is newer and this is more likely a driver thing..
Plus, DX12 is supposed to be way better for AMD cards
>>
What do you think I should look for on Black Friday as an upgrade?

Right now I have a 580, it works just fine for the most part but I figure it's about time to look for a new card considering this one could die at any time.
>>
>>51407160
>keep in mind that the AMD is newer and this is more likely a driver thing..

the 390 is using exactly the same chip as the 290 released in november 2013. so no this card is approx 1y older than the 970. and yes it is obviously a driver thing. AMD has huge problems when the driver is fluded with drawcalls. the mess with project cars is going on for nearly 2 years now.

about DX12 we will see. it is likely that AMD cards will have an advantage as the scheduler is done in hardware while maxwell is using a software solution for it (that so far has shitty optimization).
>>
>>51407186
780ti or 970. Don't fall for the amd meme.
>>
>>51404240
or get a 390 instead of sucking cocks
>>
>>51404240
Poo in loo.
>>
>>51407674
I have never ever owned an AMD anything and I don't intend to start anytime soon.
>>
>>51407674
780 Ti is dead. Only when there is a shitstorm Nvidia fixes performance for these cards. So in half a year when most Enthusiasts run Maxwell nobody will give a fuck about Kepler.

Same goes for the 970: The card is now massively popular, but in 1-2y it won't. And then Nvidia will stop making custom VRAM profiles for every AAA title.
>>
>>51407874
Good for you, I regretted buying a 290x, which was supposedly pretty much a 390. Guess what? It's fucking worse than the 680 I now put back in my pc. I put the 290x on a second hand selling market site, whatever it's called. And I'm going to get a 970. And I'll use the 680 as a physx dedicated card.
>>
My 750 was cheap and works great. Just do your research Indian-fag OP.
>>
>>51407952
Anything under the 980ti is selling at all because people don't just go out and spend $2500 on their first set up (set up as in pc + peripherals). And every year tons of people build their first pc. And because companies that make pre-builds know their customers are tards.
>>
>>51404240
Take the poo to the loo. Also can I hire you for 10 USD a day to become my personal tech support for my corp?
>>
>>51409513
Shut the fuck up nigger trash
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.