[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Throw your old SSD into the garbage /g/. A new king is her
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: untitled-15.png (48 KB, 682x738) Image search: [Google]
untitled-15.png
48 KB, 682x738
Throw your old SSD into the garbage /g/.

A new king is here.

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/samsung_950_pro_m_2_ssd_review,9.html
>>
>>51400236
Ill stick to my HDD thanks.
>>
>>51400236
>256 GB
>small baby SSDs read faster large, useful SSDs because they have fewer muxes
Stop the fucking presses.
>>
>faster
>so it can die faster

basically, that 256GB can be used for about 3 hours of writing before it dies. Wow such a technology.
>>
>http://www.a-spec.cn/products_detail/&productId=26.html
>The PCI-e 3.0 high speed solid state card is a high-end solid state memory product customized and developed by ASpec for the application scenarios with high speed and high I/O. It can realize automatic grading of hotspot data and cold data. With over six layers of high TG plates be used in the product, the integrity of the power supply is sufficient. It can operate at the temperature of -40℃ to 85℃ easily. It is provided with a small fan that can disperse the heat generated during operation of the product in time, so as to prolong the service life of the product effectively.

badly translated chinese is always good
>>
>falling for the solid jew meme

enjoy your 0.1s faster boot, i guess. my hdd werks just fine
>>
>>51400236
>Faster than PCIe
How? Seriously, how?
>>
>>51400236
> old SSD
Who the fuck needs an SSD. Shitty gaymer
>>
>that insane speed
I don't even know what to use that for
>>
>>51400418
M.2 is a PCI form factor.
>>
File: 12050345402l.jpg (14 KB, 800x320) Image search: [Google]
12050345402l.jpg
14 KB, 800x320
>>51400236
lol my 2x raid0 refurb ssd does 1gbps and cost me $100 for 480gb.

nvme is still in its infancy and its real fucking dumb to jump on now. they're all hot as fuck running 70c and some even need watercooling.
>>
>>51400560
>does 1gbps
You realize that's less than one 14th of the speed of the SSD we're talking about, right?
>>
What's the point of these insane speeds if you aren't going to be transferring large files to them? It's not like you're going to be transferring millions of files daily to an SSD. You definitely don't use them for bulk downloading.

im sure they'll get a lot of retards to buy them though because they see big numbers.
>>
>>51400634
1 gigabyte per second you mongoloid
>>
>>51400857
This. It would be nice when demuxing DTS-MA streams, but I don't do that often enough where the 10 minute wait means anything.
None of you do anything with Blu-rays, so what's the point?
>>
>>51400866
it's a shame there's no standard for abbreviating multiple units of bytes and bytes per second
>>
>>51400236
>throw your old ssd into the garbage

But I spent good money on it and it's still healthy.
>>
>>51400330
You are retarded
>>
>>51400330
literal grade A autism
>>
>throw your old ssd into the garbage
Really.. like, can't I sell it, or recycle it? Or maybe give it to my Mum or something?
>>
>>51401537
do it fgt
>>
>>51400236
I don't know how much I should care. Windows 7+500GB 840 EVO here, everything loads almost instantly.

I'd like to see more commercial, cheaper SSDs with more storage. I'm really satisfied with current speed.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-15-17-22-56.png (780 KB, 1600x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-15-17-22-56.png
780 KB, 1600x2560
>>51401537
This desu

Last time I checked it had something like 18tb written to it. Remember that this is an old as fuck ssd which supposedly dies quickly due to excessive writes.

Survived my laptop, my desktop and now sits as a boot drive for my plex streambox.
>>
>>51403716
Pretty much. I'm guessing all the extra performance from now on only really benefit the niche markets and servers.

Density and price/tb is what needs to drop now.

>tfw no completely passive cooled nas with 16tb ssd storage for reasonable monies

Feels bad
>>
>>51401514
must be hard to suffer so much from someone not capitalizing two letters. i truly feel sorry for you.
>>
>>51400507

Yeah! And who needs one of those fancy flatscreen monitors, shitty gaymers, thats who! Real men use CRT!

Shit makes your computer faster man. That's literally the reason people have SSDs.
>>
>>51404040
The comparison to CRTs is invalid, as CRTs are still the fastest displays available.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.