[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the Chuwi Hi8 a good tablet? It's $75 from China; I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
Is the Chuwi Hi8 a good tablet?

It's $75 from China; Intel Bay Z3736F Quad Core 2.16GHz, 2GB RAM, 32GB memory (+SD), 1200*1920 resolution (8" IPS), etc.

http://www.banggood.com/Chuwi-HI8-Intel-Z3736F-Quad-Core-8-Inch-Dual-Boot-Tablet-p-980536.html

The only thing that concerns me is the x86 CPU. How does Android handle Intel chips these days? Do many apps work with it?
>>
You'll get what you pay for. It's better than the Kindle Fire at least.
>>
>chuwi

top keke
>>
Core 2 Quad***
>>
>>51393876
>>51393876
I have one. Literally got it three days ago.
I think it works pretty well, there's not much chink bloatware and the ROM is pretty clear too.
>>
Get the Hi8 Pro (Cherry Trail / 16nm)
GPU performance is literally 100% better and they're the same price (gearbest)
>>
>>51394717
I'm >>51394703
Fuck, really?
Oh well, not that I have to do graphics intensive shit on it. Still...
FUCK
>>
>android on x86

why

And why does it have a windows logo
>>
>>51394752
It's dual boot. W10 and Android Kitkat
>>
Here you go mate

http://techtablets.com/chuwi-hi8/review/

This guy does great reviews of Chink tablets.
>>
>>51394752
>>android on x86
>
>why
my zenfone2 is the shit
>>
>>51393876
Android is a garbage on it, and the bundled version is what you're stuck with, no updates for you.
Windows however makes it a great tablet, it's super smooth and it will continue getting updates til the end of time.
>>
>>51394804
Thanks Mr. M$hill
>>
>>51393876
I've had one for some time now. As long as you realize what you're getting for <100$ it's great. Android 4.4 is old, but as stated, you can run Windows 10 on it just fine. It's pretty fast, the battery will last you long enough for huge train rides, days at work / school, etc. Plane rides, not so much. The screen is OK. If you want a tablet for casual browsing, reading articles and watching shit you have to spend a lot more money to get something significantly better than this.
>>
>>51393876
You have to use gltools to spoof it into thinking you have a supported opengl gpu. Works really well with em 3D chink shit like idol master. I don't have that tablet but I dual boot Android with my sp1.
>>
can someone post an as magnified as possible photo of the windows 10 context menu?

I need to judge the terrible grayscale font aliasing.
>>
>>51394885

4.4 won't get any updates from the manufacture, but is it possible load newer ROMs onto it?
>>
>>51393876
http://techtablets.com/2015/11/chuwi-hi8-pro-to-ship-with-usb-3-type-c-port/

Wait for the new type-c model to come out soon.
>>
What is considered the best chink table maker. I had a CERO's Revolution tablet a few years ago which was OK. I'd spend up to £100
>>
>>51395354
Chuwi > teclast > onda > pipo
>>
>>51394960
Anything is possible with Android, its a matter of laziness or the lack of
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.