[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay Microsoft, I'm impressed, thank you I wanted to w
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: microsoft-edge.png (130 KB, 788x434) Image search: [Google]
microsoft-edge.png
130 KB, 788x434
Okay Microsoft, I'm impressed, thank you

I wanted to watch a game of CS:GO (NiP vs Titan) and there was this one Russian stream, now usually I don't have many problems with live streams, but this time Firefox lagged like crazy and it was unbearable, Chrome was slightly better but still lagged.

I'm now watching on Microsoft Edge and it's smooth as fuck!

I thought maybe the time has come to stop using my T410 with integrated intel graphics connected to a 24" monitor because the GPU can't handle it, and on top of that Flash sucks ass, but I wasn't expecting Edge to work so well

The stream in question is this btw: http://www.azubu.tv/gameshow_csgoru
>>
>>51393702
Nice blog
>>
>>51393702
nice shill, blog
>>
>>51393747
>>51393763
Try it yourself then, faggot

I really am impressed it's working so well, I thought the advances in software would only make my GPU more obsolete but seeing the stream work so much better on Edge was a breath of fresh air.

Hell the only reason I knew Chrome was also laggy was because I wanted to find out if this was a Firefox only issue, I installed Chrome like 10 minutes ago just to test it.

I think I'm only going to be using Edge for live streams it seems. I do think the main issue is Flash here though, Jobs was right when he said it sucks
>>
Welcome to the master race OP.

IE11 has been the best browser on the market for a long time, at least since Firefox devs started going full retard, and edge naturally follows suit with it.

The only people who don't accept IE11 as their lord and savior are just memesters who don't like the brand. I guarantee if the browser was just copied and pasted with completely new branding (unlike Edge) everyone would be singing praises about it.
>>
>>51393702
Edge is god tier for javascript ridden streaming hell holes on your shitty laptop.

Once extensions come, there is no choice.
>>
>>51393892
Why would extensions affect performance that much? I installed a clean version of Chrome without any extensions and it lagged in the stream while Edge had no issues whatsoever
>>
>>51393702
>>51393816
>>51393950

D ES I G N A T E D S T R E E T S H I T T E R
rajeesh kumar pls go
>>
Edge really is smooth as fuck but I simply can use it because the lack of proper extensions.
>>
>>51393816
Most services have dropped flash, in favor of HTML5 and JS, so if you're worried about flash it's in its final stage of annihilation.
>>
Why are freetards so easy to trigger?
>>
File: 1443035178311.png (115 KB, 1582x815) Image search: [Google]
1443035178311.png
115 KB, 1582x815
>>51393977
>Dood you don't need Flash anymoah, everything just werks in HTMemeleL FIVE nao :^)
>>
>>51393984
You know I've been browsing /g/ for many years and I rarely ever post, this time I felt like I had to because I realized how Edge saved me from thinking my hardware was the problem when it was the fucking software

You know that feel when you think your laptop is old but it still does everything modern smoothly? I got that back, and I'm happy, so if you're in the same boat as me, give it a fucking try eh
>>
>>51393859
Good shilling, Pradeep. 10 rupias deposed to your account.
>>
>>51393950
I am stating that once extensions come the only choice is to use edge because of how much better than Chrome/FF it is.
>>
>>51393702
>there are people who don't use livestreamer

Guess that's to be expected of winfags.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.